You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Job for endgame Ramza

User Info: LooseCanonSam

LooseCanonSam
1 week ago#21
Thanks for the suggestions. My thoughts:

1. Ubersquire w/ 2-Swords, Chaos Blade/Excalibur, w/ or w/o Draw Out. Probably the main reason I don't do this is that I've already got the Chaos Blade on Agrias and the Excaliburs on Beowulf and Orlandu.

2. Ubersquire w/ MagicAttackUp, Draw Out. I think I'll try this. I'd forgotten that Scream raises MA, which might be nice. I guess I could use Ragnarok or give it to Beowulf and use Excalibur.

3. Wizard w/ MagicAttackUp, Draw Out. My Reis is filling this role and has a naked MA of 26 to Ramza's 21, which might be lower than yours. Plus Ramza's PA would go to waste. But it an incredible setup.

4. Geomancer. I really want to like it, but the statuses just don't happen frequently enough for how weak it is. I'll think about leveling down/up in mime though. If I equip 108 Gems and learn the terrains with elemental attributes, does Geomancer become fun to play?

5. Summoner. I intend to make someone a Wizard with Summoner for fighting enemies with elemental weaknesses. Does Quick Charge make the more powerful spells practical, or is it better just to stick with MagicAttackUP and Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh/Titan?

Keep em coming!

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
1 week ago#22
Oh BR(Before Reis), Ramza is my Black Mage casting Iaido (or Wizard using Draw Out). AR(After Reis), I made him Dark Knight instead.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: Rockstar_Leo

Rockstar_Leo
1 week ago#23
LooseCanonSam posted...
4. Geomancer. I really want to like it, but the statuses just don't happen frequently enough for how weak it is. I'll think about leveling down/up in mime though. If I equip 108 Gems and learn the terrains with elemental attributes, does Geomancer become fun to play?

Geomancer is one of the most fun classes to play as a team. The damage isn't huge, but it quickly adds up if you have more than one, and the statuses end up occurring a lot more often too. Also, it's free, instant, and long-range. Ubersquire certainly benefits from it with higher PA+MA and Scream.

Most of the other setups you listed are much more powerful, to the point you don't really need the other characters at all. If you go Two Swords with Excalibur+Chaos Blade, use Concentrate as your support, Move+2/+3/Teleport as your movement ability, and both your Reaction and Secondary become mostly useless as you'll just mow through anything.

If going the Draw Out route, then Magic Attack Up is the superior option; equip Excalibur for the Haste (since PA won't matter) and go with +MA equips all the way.

The other setups (Wizard or Summoner) are good as well but don't give any advantage to Ramza over other units.

User Info: Bebop

Bebop
1 week ago#24
Rockstar_Leo posted...
If you go Two Swords with Excalibur+Chaos Blade, use Concentrate as your support

This is literally absolutely impossible xD
LooseCanonSam posted...
I'll think about leveling down/up in mime though.

The level down/up exploit is fun to do once, just to mess around with a max stat character. I highly recommend against leveling down regularly though, it perturbs what tiny semblance of balance this game has. On a related note, notice nobody even mentioned Math. Same deal, fun once to mess around with but that's it.
LooseCanonSam posted...
Does Quick Charge make the more powerful spells practical, or is it better just to stick with MagicAttackUP and Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh/Titan?

For Summons, I recommend Short Charge over Magic Attack Up, because yes, it makes the "big AoE" summons such as Odin and Leviathan viable, so you'll have a better chance of catching more than 1 enemy in a cast. Salamander with Short Charge generally is more powerful than Ifrit with MA Up anyway.

User Info: Rockstar_Leo

Rockstar_Leo
1 week ago#25
Bebop posted...
Rockstar_Leo posted...
If you go Two Swords with Excalibur+Chaos Blade, use Concentrate as your support

This is literally absolutely impossible xD

Woops you are quite correct. No 2nd support :D

User Info: terran3999999

terran3999999
1 week ago#26
You can always catch an unlimited amount of high tier weapons from high level Ninja unless you are against that.

There is no reason to restrict yourself to just 2 Excaliburs and 1 Chaos Blade.

User Info: LooseCanonSam

LooseCanonSam
6 days ago#27
So I ended up making Ramza a Geomancer with the equip:
Rune Blade
Aegis Shield
Thief Hat
Power Sleeve
Genji Gauntlet

And the abilities:
Guts
Blade Grasp
Magic AttackUP
Move+3

His PA and MA are both 20, so Elemental's neutral damage is 286, which I think is decent. I thought I'd be equipping either Black Robe or 108 Gems, but I found the marginal benefit of having a strengthened element was always outweighed by the added hassle of getting to an appropriate panel.

Speaking of added hassle, I'm not a huge fan of Calculators, since checking the stats of every unit on the map just slows down the game. I understand I could do something like CT5Holy with Chameleon Robes on everyone, but I don't really want to constrain my other units like that.

How practical is Catch for actually getting useful stuff? I fought that rare battle at Lv. 99 with all the Ninjas and didn't have anything but stars thrown at me. You can't even check if an enemy Ninja has Knight Sword learned. Is there a better location?

User Info: Bebop

Bebop
6 days ago#28
Congratulations on your Geomancer! You might like a Robe of Lords if you can get it ;)

If you get bored with Blade Grasp, you could try out MP Switch. It's nice because it'll help against Swordskills, powerful magic spells and Summons, and normally unavoidable monster abilities such as Choco Meteor. As opposed to Blade Grasp, which despite being glitched, boring, and broken, isn't really all that amazing (in comparison) (in my opinion).

LooseCanonSam posted...
His PA and MA are both 20, so Elemental's neutral damage is 286, which I think is decent.

It looks like that was after 1 "Shout" actually, correct?

LooseCanonSam posted...
How practical is Catch for actually getting useful stuff? I fought that rare battle at Lv. 99 with all the Ninjas and didn't have anything but stars thrown at me. You can't even check if an enemy Ninja has Knight Sword learned. Is there a better location?

The best place I'm aware of is in a late floor of the Deep Dungeon called Bridge. That's where I used to get all my OP weapons.

User Info: Nenjii

Nenjii
5 days ago#29
Nothing beats uber squire with Excalibur in killing power and speed, mainly because Excalibur is OP as hell. Dual wielding is even better. You can go offensive with Chaos Blade, or defensive with Save the Queen shell against casters, and still have an accessory slot open for any situation.

It quite literally stomps every battle with no effort. And has no weaknesses in build. And it is the absolute fastest possible class.

Geomancer? EWWWW! That class is so bad and so SLOW in comparison to uber squire for ENDGAME, which this topic is about. Geomancer, no thanks.

The only possible thing that could kill better than uber squire would also be a different uber squire Excalibur caster variant with Summon, and caster gear. But I find giving up 2x knight swords too much to justify the casting damage. It's much simpler to one shot single targets, than to try to group things up and try to AoE them down.

From what I've seen, even a fist Ninja has more killing power and speed than any caster. Casters are just too slow. They require you to build a team around them, and the lack of auto haste. You're just building a slower team.
My top 5 favorite games: 1) Tactics Ogre PSP remake 2) Tactics Ogre (original) 3) Xenogears 4) FF8 5) Shadowrun Sega Genesis
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Bad_Mojo

Bad_Mojo
5 days ago#30
Uber Squire is all Ramza needs
https://i.imgtc.com/hQ5SuG6.gif https://i.imgtc.com/QrhAq36.gif https://i.imgtc.com/Yjov9DU.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Job for endgame Ramza