You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Job for endgame Ramza

User Info: LooseCanonSam

LooseCanonSam
1 week ago#1
Ramza combines the PA growth of males and the MA growth of females. It would seem reasonable then that he'd do best in a job requiring both PA+MA, like Geomancer or Samurai. But in terms of dealing damage quickly, a Ninja with Martial Arts or a Wizard with Draw Out and MagicAttackUP just seem to perform better, and any generic male/female could fill these roles just as well. So what unique niche can Ramza fill in the endgame? I'm interested in hearing what you guys like doing.

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
1 week ago#2
Emm correction, there is no difference in growth between male and female. It's just their starting PA and MA are different. Ramza did have a better magic growth on his base class but apart from that, his growth is no different if you level him on different job.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: LooseCanonSam

LooseCanonSam
1 week ago#3
Maybe? I haven't checked the math for stat growth, but this is from the BMG:
Because the level up bonus is ultimately based on this initial value,
females will have better MA growth than males, and males will have better
PA growth than females.

However it happened, whether it was due primarily to his starting stats or the jobs I used, my Ramza has a combined RPA+RMA third in my party. Only Reis has a higher MA, but Orlandu, Cloud, and Beowulf have higher RPA. Is there a good job to take advantage of Ramza's combination?
Squire with Draw Out.

Squire might not have the MA multiplier of Wizard, but Ramza's squire class has wonderful equip options, including Excalibur for auto-haste. Also,Scream will boost his damage output if he can't reach an opponent on his turn.
Without their dreams men would have fallen upon and devoured one another long ago, and yet every dream is an illusion, and every illusion is a lie.

User Info: sh00g

sh00g
1 week ago#5
^ I second that setup. I always ran Ramza as a Squire with Draw Out, stacking as much MA as possible.

meanspirit90
1 week ago#6
Female win at growth because their base MA is higher than males. The constant are the same regardless of gender. Yes this practically make male grow PA faster than female and vice versa. I should be a bit clearer on that matter.

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
1 week ago#7
What actually happens is that there is a 'raw' number in the stats. Males start with a certain number and females with a different number. Ramza starts with the male PA number and the female PA number.

However, the actual growth is additive. There's no "faster" growth because the initial number is higher, just each new point will be arrived at sooner by the with the higher number.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
1 week ago#8
Ubersquire with Two Swords. Excalibur and Chaos Blade combo.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

meanspirit90
1 week ago#9
I myself go with Wizard Ramza optimized for MA with Draw Out.

User Info: Bebop

Bebop
1 week ago#10
Ramza has the strongest possible Geomancy of any possible unit in the entire game (assuming optimal growth i.e. Mime levels.) For that reason, I like him with Geomancy (though it's still not likely to 1-shot stuff.)
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Job for endgame Ramza