• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Bebop

Bebop
4 months ago#1
For a first time player, I recommend not changing jobs.

(sry, this same topic got deleted apparently, so i had to put it up again...)

People, please try not to have a potty mouth so that it doesn't get deleted again, thank you.

Anyway, yeah. Changing jobs is mad over-rated. Chemists, Knights, Special characters. Anything more could easily overcomplicate and overwhelm a new player.

Use your first (job change-less) playthrough to learn the ins and outs of the wonderful mechanics such as:

JP Spillover
Gil Management
Move-Find Item
Crystal Learning
Buttpants

And a special thanks to Raijunwi for the bold / italics shortcuts. :D

User Info: Raijinili

Raijinili
4 months ago#2
Bebop posted...
And a special thanks to Raijunwi for the bold / italics shortcuts. :D

Hover over the buttons for a shortcut reminder.

You can also select text in your draft, then click a button or enter its shortcut to tag it.

User Info: Stuflames

Stuflames
4 months ago#3
I changed jobs to Archer once.

Wow. The jitters, the nerves, the choices... nope, that sort of thing isn't for me.

I swiftly found the Squire class again, before the Fear could do me in for good.

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
4 months ago#4
Stuflames posted...
I changed jobs to Archer once.

Wow. The jitters, the nerves, the choices... nope, that sort of thing isn't for me.

I swiftly found the Squire class again, before the Fear could do me in for good.

you poor bastard, i had a cousin that tried that once. they couldn't find his body in one piece.
You just lost the game.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
4 months ago#5
Item does it all.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 months ago#6
Ilishe posted...
Item does it all.

Accumulate wins any fight.

Bebop
4 months ago#7
For WotL you also get handed a competent poacher and a more than competent thief.

And I forgot to say chocobos. You also get chocobos. Tons of chocobos. Chocobos as far as the eye can see.

Bebop
4 months ago#8
Oh yeah and you can have Reis Invite Dragons and Hyudras too xD

When I get this game I think I'm gonna actually do a 'No job change' run just to see how far I can take it. End goal is to get all rare Move-Findable items, everything that can be stolen after Bervenia Free City, and poach for every possible poach item except Ribbon and FS Bag.

You really, really don't need to change jobs for anything in this game..

User Info: Fanatic

Fanatic
4 months ago#9
But... But... Monks.

MONKS!

How can you go without monks?

They punch people! They punch cats! They punch giant living balls of fire! They're not wielding any fancy magic sword or legendary dictionary, no, when they fight that angel/demon/god thing, they are ******* punching it in the nards. They can smack an enemy, let him take two actions, and then announce "You are already dead!" and he'll die! They can punch the ******* air and you'll feel it eight spaces away! They can yell loud enough to wake the dead and turn frogs into people (if they were people to start with at least).

And (if Mr. Morrison is to be believed), the monk buys lunch!

A playthrough of FFT without monks?

No, I will not hear of it! I bid you good day, sir!
This space is dedicated to Final Fantasy Tactics, the truly Best. Game. Ever.

Bebop
3 months ago#10
Fanatic posted...
And (if Mr. Morrison is to be believed), the monk buys lunch!

I don't get this reference.

You can punch things without being a Monk too. Plus you're more than guaranteed to pick up a variety of Punch Arts like the awesomeness that is Spin Fist.

Which reminds me of my Mortal Kombat 9 main, Kung Lao. He was the ultimate fighter. I mean, he could spin in place with his hands together and it would hit you, he could throw his hat at you or roll it along the ground at you, he could jump straight up off the screen and come up through the floor... he was truly martial combat personified!
  • Topic Archived