Introducing Proper, an FFT patch that rebalances job and ramps up difficulty.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Introducing Proper, an FFT patch that rebalances job and ramps up difficulty.

User Info: john360

john360
1 year ago#1
Shameless plug. :3

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11789.msg221276
FFT SCC's Complete: Ch, Mo, Ni, Sa, Pr, La, Su, Wi, Ge, TM, Or, Th, Ar, Me, TrueSq
SSCC's Complete: Angel of Death [Enhanced], Ubersquire

User Info: bluezero

bluezero
1 year ago#2
Tag
http://i.imgur.com/VleHYd3.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/std/_bluezero_.png

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
1 year ago#3
Always interesting to see a revamp that is actually geared toward rewarding good thought instead of punishing with fake difficulty (yes I'm talking about 1.3 here).

But man, those screenshots at the wrong aspect ratio trigger me x.x
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

john360
1 year ago#4
bluezero posted...
Tag

Tag, you're it!

... What did you mean by tag?

Melodia posted...
Always interesting to see a revamp that is actually geared toward rewarding good thought instead of punishing with fake difficulty (yes I'm talking about 1.3 here).

But man, those screenshots at the wrong aspect ratio trigger me x.x

1.3 Content/easytype rewards good thought in my opinion. Sure, 1.3 hardtype can get really ridiculous, but I wouldn't call its difficulty fake until maybe late Chapter 3, where the AI starts "cheating" with Elixirs, Blade Grasp, etc. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. <3

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty

Wrong aspect ratio? Standard widescreen ratio. :P
FFT SCC's Complete: Ch, Mo, Ni, Sa, Pr, La, Su, Wi, Ge, TM, Or, Th, Ar, Me, TrueSq

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
1 year ago#5
how is it different from the other patches that claim to do the same thing?

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
1 year ago#6
john360 posted...

Yeah but the game is made for not-widescreen, so it stretches the image out and looks horrible. I never understood how anyone could look at that and consider it 'ok'.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: Raijinili

Raijinili
1 year ago#7
john360 posted...
Tag, you're it!

Posting in a thread keeps it on a list of threads you posted in, so if you forget it, you still have a way back.

john360
1 year ago#8
Lockeadon posted...
how is it different from the other patches that claim to do the same thing?

To be frank, it may not be. Besides balancing and difficulty, the patch also strives for simple variety in encounters as well, though. It is designed for people who don't want to grind abilities all day long, but still face challenges and have a sense of progression.

Melodia posted...
john360 posted...

Yeah but the game is made for not-widescreen, so it stretches the image out and looks horrible. I never understood how anyone could look at that and consider it 'ok'.

I suppose I'm just used to it, and/or still prefer filling up my screen with the game's timeless goodness. :P

The patch can be used with any resolution your emulator supports.

Raijinili posted...
john360 posted...
Tag, you're it!

Posting in a thread keeps it on a list of threads you posted in, so if you forget it, you still have a way back.

Gotcha. Thanks for your interest.

User Info: bluezero

bluezero
1 year ago#9
Every random clear of Mandalia Plains gives War Trophies. 200g and 2 long swords I believe. Intended?
http://i.imgur.com/VleHYd3.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/std/_bluezero_.png

john360
1 year ago#10
bluezero posted...
Every random clear of Mandalia Plains gives War Trophies. 200g and 2 long swords I believe. Intended?

Heh, I noticed that too. It's only really intended to happen when you face some of the knights. One of the archers and a chemist have 100g and a long sword set too. A little awkward when you're in Chapter 4 stocking up long swords but its at least a little amusing I hope. Mandalia and Sweegy are a little more customized than some of the other areas because they're the classic areas and the easiest to level up in.

Other rewards are set in FFTPatcher, like a Flame Rod from a Wizard and an Oak Staff from a Priest. Those should also pop up occasionally. It's a little awkward and hopefully not a super big deal either way, but it's just intended to give the player a little something extra for facing these slightly more difficult random battles. The vast majority of story battles and random battles don't have any (additional to vanilla) war trophies set, but some do.

Like many features in Proper such as reduced JP costs (though this also benefits the AI), these rewards are designed to give the player a little extra boost and reduce the need for grinding so they can actually spend time beating the difficult story battles.

Glad to hear someone's actually played my patch that far. :P
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Introducing Proper, an FFT patch that rebalances job and ramps up difficulty.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived