• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. My ongoing quest to give Ramza and Delita (Guest) new abilities

User Info: ILoveFlapJacks

ILoveFlapJacks
2 years ago#1
Okay, I used FFT Patcher to generate the following codes for my Gameshark Lite to use on my PSX Final Fantasy Tactics. The codes were designed to replace Ramza's Gut's abilities with abilities from several different classes (plus give Delita [Guest for Chapter 1] the Night Sword ability).

80064D08 9C9B
80064D0A A09D
80064D0C A5A1
30064D21 009B
80064D22 9D9C
80064D24 A09E
80064D26 A5A1
80064D3A 9C9B
80064D3C 9E9D
80064D3E A09F
80064D40 A4A1
30064D42 00A5
30064D57 00A5

It did the trick but it wasn't permanent. I keep having to upload the codes to the game via the Gameshark Lite before I can play the game. I've tried saving the game to my memory card but it did no good. Is there a way to make these codes permanent so I don't keep having to use the Gameshark Lite CD before I play the game?
Ghaleon:...I see only DESPAIR!

User Info: KiritoBeoulve

KiritoBeoulve
2 years ago#2
Those specific codes, no.

The GS affects values in the PSX's RAM, which is fine while you're playing, but changes like swapping out specific skills in a job won't hold in a save file.

However, if you alter the entire base class (to Gaffy's 11 Dark Knight, or Orlandu's 0D Holy Swordsman, which both have Dark Sword) that should stick in a save file. I've never tried to alter an active guest, since they always revert to their separate join class, which effectively discards any changes made to the guest character -- so I'm uncertain as to the efficacy/behavior of what you are attempting here.

User Info: Efrate

Efrate
2 years ago#3
Since guests are AI controlled, if you clone whatever skillset you want and put it in a random unused skill slot, like 53 (I think going on memory), if you give skillset 53 to someone, they might have all the abiliites of that class and have it mastered/can use all of them without spending JP as long as you do not change them. Its one of the tricks 1.3 uses to give meaningful skillsets to enemies.

I know it works on enemies but I do not know if it works on guests.
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads

KiritoBeoulve
2 years ago#4
@Efrate

I get what you're going for here, and that would create a skillset you could attach to any character (btw, everything from 4D to 66 is blank), but the save file will only store the slot reference -- when he reboots, 53 will once again be a blank slot. He needs the save file to hold a reference to a set already on the FFT cd -- which is why, to the best of my knowledge, he cannot keep that customized Ramza setup without reloading the GS Lite codes each time.

ILoveFlapJacks
2 years ago#5
If I alter the entire base class of Ramza (each chapter version of him) to Orlandu's Holy Swordsman, will each chapter's version of Ramza's sprite change to look like Orlandu? If Ramza's sprite will stay as Ramza then please, if you can, send me the codes. It's appreciated greatly.

KiritoBeoulve
2 years ago#6
Okay, so I I've dug up some old saves and done some experimentation/research on this.

The OP indicates you're primarily looking to get Night Sword. For Delita, changing his job class to Gaffy's 11 Dark Knight will do just what it seems you want. He will continue to look like himself, and since the Dark Sword skillset only includes the Night Sword & Dark Sword abilities, he will run around the battlefield Night Swording everything.

Changing the job class (but not the character set) will only affect the battlefield sprite of generic characters, whose sprites change with their job. Unique characters like Ramza, Agrias, etc. will typically retain all normal appearances, though in some cases they may look different just on the formation screen.

The extensiveness of the skillset means that for Ramza you will need to give him 4A AllSwordskill as a secondary to have access to everything (as a HS job class, chapter 1 Ramza will only have access to the first 6 abilities). The upshot of this is that you can change his job class all you want and AllSwordskill will continue to stick in the save file for as long as you don't give him a different secondary.

Extrapolating from the BMG, it looks like the code for Delita is going to be 30058F76 0011.
I play via emulator these days, and use save file hacking when I want to do something unusual, so I don't have the resources to provide you with the appropriate GS code to set Ramza's secondary. See if you can get FFT Patcher to kick out what you need and let us know how it goes.

ILoveFlapJacks
2 years ago#7
Okay, thanks for Delita's code Kirito.

So, as far as anyone knows, there is no official way to replace Ramza's Guts Action Ability with All Swordskill (and thus obtain all of Orlandu's abilities) that will not alter Ramza's sprites and disappear even if I save the game?

KiritoBeoulve
2 years ago#8
Let me see if I can clarify my previous post for you...

I offered two ways to give (at least portions of) AllSwordskill to Ramza. Both will leave his sprite intact. Both will eliminate a good deal of GS Lite booting because they will persist in the save file until you do something in game that erases them.

If you really want to replace Guts with AllSwordskill in a persistent manner with your hardware setup, you can change Ramza's job class to Holy Swordsman with 30057F76 000D .
I would be very surprised if you didn't have to use that code again at the start of chapters 2&4. Learn the new Guts skills first. The drawback to this method is that chptr1 Ramza will only have access to the first six abilities (down to Shellbust Stab), and though it's possible to eventually get up to 3 more in later chapters, he'll never have Dark & Night Swords.

If you want all the abilities from AllSwordskill, you need to give him 4A as a secondary ability. This will stay in the save for as long as you don't change his secondary, possibly even remaining across chapters. I'm certain there is a code that will do this, I just don't know what it is.

KiritoBeoulve
2 years ago#9
Just found the code template for assigning secondary abilities. What you'll want for the second (and arguably superior) method above is 30057F7B 004A.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. My ongoing quest to give Ramza and Delita (Guest) new abilities
  • Topic Archived