• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Is there a shop close where you can buy items near...(*Spoilers*)

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
3 months ago#1
...the first encounter with Amarant where you solo him with Zidane? I need to stock up on Hi Potions.

User Info: Scizoreon

Scizoreon
3 months ago#2
There is normally a Moogle selling items near the entrance to Madain Sari. If he's not there then Conde Petie is your only other option.

User Info: Montie2k

Montie2k
3 months ago#3
Confirmed that Morrison the Moogle's shop is still there, but he does not sell Hi Potions: only Potions, Phoenix Down, and Tents for restoratives. Same goes for Conde Petie. You'd have to backtrack all the way to Black Mage Village for Hi Potions.
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
3 months ago#4
I'd be curious to know what your setup is on Zidane if you're having trouble with Amarant. What weapons do you have? Abilities equipped? And so on. He can be tough in this fight, but with a good setup, you should be able to damage him quick enough to avoid too much healing.

I'm going to post some tips under the spoiler tag in case you don't want tips for the fight and just wanted the shop information.

Also, it's best not to try to attack him while he's jumping around. Wait for him to say "Here I come" (or something like that) to attack. He almost always counters while jumping around, and in most locations, he takes back-row damage (if I remember correctly). For abilities, go with Man Eater and Counter at the least.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: ZodiArche

ZodiArche
3 months ago#5
Only thing i would add to gmo's spoiler: i would also use mp attack and auto-potion maybe also distract (if learned from reflecring) and hp+20%

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
3 months ago#6
ZodiArche posted...
Only thing i would add to gmo's spoiler: i would also use mp attack and auto-potion maybe also distract (if learned from reflecring) and hp+20%
Those are good suggestions, which is kind of why I was wondering what setup is currently being used and equipment available.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: SomeLikeItHoth

SomeLikeItHoth
3 months ago#7
You could also build your Trance meter before the fight. Should be able to one or two shot Amarant that way.
FAM FOREVER.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Is there a shop close where you can buy items near...(*Spoilers*)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A