• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. I guess the new copy of FFIX I ordered off of Amazon is a fake.

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 months ago#21
Cool.

But why not just get the digital Steam version?
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#22
sano83 posted...
Cool.

But why not just get the digital Steam version?

I'm going to when the Black Friday sale hits, along with FF7 and FF8, so I can play the New Threat, Ragnarok, and Alternate Fantasy mods. But outside of Chronicles, I now have all the PS1 Final Fantasies, Anthology V and VI, VII, VII, IX, and Tactics.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
2 months ago#23
Foxhound3857 posted...
No, I'm in Armenia.
Yeah, I'm in the US.
It was a question, I obviously have no clue where you’re from. And I don’t see how I was being a ‘sarcastic wisecracker’ when I’m trying to assist you.

I’ve never seen a PS1 game that wasn’t black. A google search said they are all black. So things are pointing to the reality that all PS1 games are black. In the US. That’s why I asked if you were in the US.

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#24
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
No, I'm in Armenia.
Yeah, I'm in the US.
It was a question, I obviously have no clue where you’re from. And I don’t see how I was being a ‘sarcastic wisecracker’ when I’m trying to assist you.

I’ve never seen a PS1 game that wasn’t black. A google search said they are all black. So things are pointing to the reality that all PS1 games are black. In the US. That’s why I asked if you were in the US.

Apologies then. Yes, I am in the US.

User Info: realdagothur

realdagothur
2 months ago#25
Didn't read all the pages, so someone might have answered this already. But just in case no one did: This is a legit copy of FF IX. Square produced copies of FF IX and Chrono Cross up until 2010, I think. The original disc manufacturer of the black CDs doesn't produce them anymore, so that's why your version comes on a regular CD.

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 months ago#26
realdagothur posted...
Didn't read all the pages, so someone might have answered this already. But just in case no one did: This is a legit copy of FF IX. Square produced copies of FF IX and Chrono Cross up until 2010, I think. The original disc manufacturer of the black CDs doesn't produce them anymore, so that's why your version comes on a regular CD.

Since you where so kind as to give the information you know about, let me tell you that you can set this site to show you 50 post per page.
It is nice for long debates and such.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

realdagothur
2 months ago#27
sano83 posted...
Since you where so kind as to give the information you know about, let me tell you that you can set this site to show you 50 post per page.
It is nice for long debates and such.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#28
realdagothur posted...

Okay, cool. Thank you.

What a steal at $7 then.

realdagothur
2 months ago#29
You're welcome. Pretty good deal indeed.

I'm interested to know if they fixed Steiner's Thunder Slash ability in this reprint, since the glitch is absent in the PAL release.

User Info: loseless

loseless
2 months ago#30
I second that the game is legit. PS1 had many silver games (called platinum versions), usually for second and following printings of the game. I had one similar to that, with the case being a little different (it was from 2001 or 2002 after all).

Plus: if it was a pirated copy, you would not be able to play it on a PS1 or 2. Maybe the next ones can ready burned games, but 1 or 2 could not (unless modified for that purpose).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. I guess the new copy of FFIX I ordered off of Amazon is a fake.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A