Does anybody have FFIX for android? Load time is horrendous.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Does anybody have FFIX for android? Load time is horrendous.

User Info: tsunaxsawada10

tsunaxsawada10
4 months ago#1
I bought the game and somehow, load times take 5-6 secs before starting/ending a fight or even going to the next area.

I posted it here since this place seems to be more active than the offical FF IX IOS and Android board.
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

User Info: MysterPixel

MysterPixel
4 months ago#2
I've only played the original Playstation version but the pre/post battle loading periods are like 5 seconds there too. Depending on how they ported it, it could just be a carryover. Yes the loading times suck but you just have to put up with them unfortunately.

tsunaxsawada10
4 months ago#3
MysterPixel posted...
I've only played the original Playstation version but the pre/post battle loading periods are like 5 seconds there too. Depending on how they ported it, it could just be a carryover. Yes the loading times suck but you just have to put up with them unfortunately.

I don't think so since i've been watching FFIX android playthrough on Youtube and they manage to load it completely fine.

By fine i meant it only took 2-3 secs to get to the next screen.

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
4 months ago#4
Mobile devices are a bit too inconsistent to really base performance from one device to the next, but it is a shame you're having a bad experience with it. I got the PC version and it really does seem like they did an excellent job with that one after the initial post-launch patches.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

tsunaxsawada10
4 months ago#5
Fallacia posted...
Mobile devices are a bit too inconsistent to really base performance from one device to the next, but it is a shame you're having a bad experience with it. I got the PC version and it really does seem like they did an excellent job with that one after the initial post-launch patches.

I would like to get the pc version as well but why the heck is it so expensive? More Expensive than the other Ps1 ports and even XIII. I rather buy it if only the game is cheaper since i already have the game on my phone.

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
4 months ago#6
Digital releases for steam rarely change from the launch price. They have sales quite regularly where the games hit 50% to 90% off. Because of that, they pretty much just keep the launch price in the hopes that some people will buy it at full price while everyone else just buys it during the summer/holiday sales. It wouldn't surprise me if the game hits 66% off during the summer sale, to be honest.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 months ago#7
I have it on iPad Air and I don’t have any complaints about loading. I suppose it depends on your hardware
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
4 months ago#8
Yeah on android it does vary between devices. My phone load ffvii ones so slowly but playing it on emulator is very smooth
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Does anybody have FFIX for android? Load time is horrendous.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived