• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Cards Max Stats

User Info: Emperor Magus

Emperor Magus
6 years ago#1
I was looking through Trifthen's Tetra Master FAQ and I saw the stats of all cards listed. However it only list the letter instead of the actual stat. For example a Goblin's max stats are 0 in all stats however it doesn't specify if the stat is between 0~15 in reality. So I was wondering if anyone knew what the actual stats for the cards are. I saw the Nova Dragon stats listed in another thread E (236) 7 (125) C (194).
Death is the only inescapable, unavoidable, sure thing. We are sentenced to die the day we are born.

User Info: aladore384

aladore384
6 years ago#2
http://www.espritduo.com/random/ff9_card_data.txt
http://www.youtube.com/aladore384

User Info: Emperor Magus

Emperor Magus
6 years ago#3
I was not expecting such a quick and accurate response. Thank you so much. I wanted to replay the game and I wanted to max out all cards. So now I know what to work towards. Thank again.
Death is the only inescapable, unavoidable, sure thing. We are sentenced to die the day we are born.

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
6 years ago#4
That's weird, why the M in my Elixir card turn to an X before all the 5s became 6? Then when I reset the game, it's physical defense became a 6 before the M turned into an X. From what I know, when a P or an M becomes an X, it's suppose to mean that it's physical/magic defense and attack power has reached it's max and will no longer go any higher. Is this a glitch?
Capcom vs SNK 2 Team: Ryu Yuri Chang S-Groove
The only Final Fantasy I care about: 3, 4, 7, 9.

User Info: Pibugo

Pibugo
6 years ago#5
Isn't turning into X just a random chance every time a card battle happens?
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther

goroh16
6 years ago#6
Yeah it does and I thought the P or M turning into an X always means the card is almost done leveling up. When the X becomes an A it's over.

User Info: IllusionGamer90

IllusionGamer90
6 years ago#7
goroh16 posted...
Yeah it does and I thought the P or M turning into an X always means the card is almost done leveling up. When the X becomes an A it's over.

No. That's not true. Every time your card battles and wins the arrow fight, it has a small chance to level up to an X or A. 3 of my cards are like that and they are not at max stats yet. Just like maxing stats, leveling up your cards is random chance.
FC: 2148-8537-5761 / Illusion TSV: 2738 (Y) 1358 (X)
Grass Safari: Sunkern, Swadloon, Gogoat

goroh16
6 years ago#8
You're not getting what I'm saying. The max stats of the Elixir is 6A66. How is it possible that the M has turned into an X when it's attack power, physical and magic defense are still 5s? It's looked like this: 5X55. Will the 5s still be able to level up to 6 even though it has an X? Usually when a card's attack power, physical and magic defense has reached their limit, the next thing that will happen is the P/M will turn into an X and then an A in that order. The Elixir card broke that rule.

User Info: neobullseye

neobullseye
6 years ago#9
Simple version? The card's letter has absolutely nothing to do with the numbers. You could get an P/M >X in the very first game you use that card in, then have it change into an A in the very next game. On the other end of the luck spectrum, you could play hundreds of games after it has reached it max level without ever seeing it change. It's all up to chance; there's no hidden value that states that a card can only change its attack class when all its numerical values are maxed out.

One thing of note is that the P/M/X/A has to do with the attack type of the card, not its attack strength -- at least not directly. Simple version:
P: The card's first number (strength) is compared to the opposing card's physical defense (The second number, or the third value on the card).
M: The card's first number (Magic) is compared to the opposing card's Magical defense (the third number, or the fourth value of the card).
X: The card's first number is compared to the lowest value of both of the opposing card's defense stats.
A: The card's highest number period is compared to the opposing card's lowest number period.
Darth_scooter: I swear, Twitch chats are the greatest birth control adds on the planet.

User Info: Atomos199

Atomos199
6 years ago#10
Someone didn't read the Tetra Master guide carefully.
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ~3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Cards Max Stats
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A