• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Perfect Game issue : Maximizing inventory

User Info: aladore384

aladore384
7 years ago#51
Made it to Disc 4 only to realize that I shouldn't have ended the Friendly Monsters quest.

F. Yan's Rosetta Ring drop is needed during disc 4 to maximize Circlet !
http://www.youtube.com/aladore384

User Info: Atomos199

Atomos199
7 years ago#52
^Maybe I'm not seeing something, but none of the ingredients are missable in that chain?
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry

User Info: NBtheGameMaster

NBtheGameMaster
7 years ago#53
^ Nope...Upgrading to the next item just gets more expensive as you go further along in the chain.
1st FFIX Excalibur II Perfect Game - Version X (Path C + 10PR & NFSQ)
Time - 11:18:52

aladore384
7 years ago#54
Atomos199 posted...
^Maybe I'm not seeing something, but none of the ingredients are missable in that chain?

Well, when I posted this message I was convinced that the Holy Lance (=> Rosetta Ring ingredient) was not buyable during disc 4.

Now, I just realized I was wrong but I already have backtracked :-(

Doesn't matter, BECAUSE I MADE A BACKUP BEFORE DOING SO HAHAHAHAHA :-D

Thanks Atomos for making me re-check and realize all is good to go. Plus, not only is fighting F. Yan too much tedious, but I also don't like it "RP wise". I just can't see my party attacking this cute little thing, and now I won't have to !

EDIT : On a slightly unrelated note, I was wondering about the intended rank for 1,700 pts in Tetra Master. It currently reads "Would you like to discard this card?" as we all know. The 2nd best rank is "Master".

Now, if you read the "Strategy Guide" key item, it is signed by "Grand Master I", and I think this is the title that would have been earned by the player if there wasn't the glitch. Simply "Grand Master" would be my guess as I don't think they would have specified the count, or maybe "Grand Master IX", who knows !.

aladore384
7 years ago#55
So just for the sake of nitpicking as all my characters already became invincible beasts at LV99, can someone tell me if I'm doing it right ? :

Zidane
Stats (unequipped) : 38 Spd, 74 Str, 68 Mag, 50 Spr
-----
Ultima Weapon, Circlet, Bracer, Brave Suit, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Accuracy+, Distract, Man Eater, Master Thief, Counter, Eye 4 Eye, Antibody, Bright Eyes, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed, Bandit

Vivi
Stats (unequipped) : 28 Spd, 56 Str, 83 Mag, 49 Spr
-----
Mace of Zeus, Circlet, Bracer, Robe of Lords, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, MP+20%, Half MP, Body Temp, Insomniac, Loudmouth, Antibody, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed

Garnet
Stats (unequipped) : 33 Spd, 59 Str, 86 Mag, 50 Spr
-----
Whale Wisker, Circlet, Bracer, Robe of Lords, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Half MP, Loudmouth, Antibody, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed, Boost, Odin's Sword

=> I'm still undecisive about the Mage's Racket and the Tiger Racket

Steiner
Stats (unequipped) : 27 Spd, 79 Str, 65 Mag, 50 Spr
-----
Excalibur II, Grand Helm, Venetia Shield, Tin Armor, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Accuracy+, Distract, Man Eater, Counter, Eye 4 Eye, Body Temp, Antibody, Insomniac, Bright Eyes, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed

-------

Freya
Stats (unequipped) : 27 Spd, 79 Str, 65 Mag, 50 Spr
-----
Dragon's Hair, Grand Helm, Venetia Shield, Grand Armor, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Accuracy+, Distract, Dragon Killer, High Jump, Counter, Eye 4 Eye, Body Temp, Antibody, Bright Eyes, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed

=> Maybe I should switch to Holy Lance + Rebirth Ring ??

------------

Quina
Stats (unequipped) : 26 Spd, 63 Str, 79 Mag, 40 Spr
-----
Gastro Fork, Circlet, Bracer, Robe of Lords, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Half MP, Counter, Body Temp, Antibody, Loudmouth, Jelly, Absorb MP, Locomotion, Clear Headed

-----------------

Eiko
Stats (unequipped) : 31 Spd, 57 Str, 86 Mag, 49 Spr
-----
Angel's Flute, Circlet, Bracer, Robe of Lords, Protect Ring
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Half MP, Guardian Mog, Antibody, Loudmouth, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed, Boost

=> I'm still undecisive about the Mage's Racket and the Tiger Racket

-----

So the infamous Kaiser Knuckles combo, right ?

Amarant
Stats (unequipped) : 34 Spd, 78 Str, 57 Mag, 42 Spr
-----
---
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Accuracy+, Power Throw*, Counter, Eye 4 Eye, Body Temp, Alert, Insomniac, Antibody, Bright Eyes, Jelly, Locomotion, Clear Headed

*This ones seems useless to me as I won't ever intent to use the Throw command.

-------

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Remember, it's about nitpicking, I know that being supra-optimal is not needed to clear the game (which I almost already have, and with Ozma, Quale and Pluto down I have nothing to worry about)
---

aladore384
7 years ago#56
Wait, Ozma, Quale, Pluto, Trance Kuja were all jokes with my party... but when it comes to Necron I can't seem to make a joke out of him. Is that normal ? I even feel like he is making a joke out of me :/

Even with Ozma, I had LV1 Zidane + LV96 Quina, LV97 Eiko + LV97 Vivi.

Anyway, I wasn't even paying attention to Ozma, I just had Zidane steal everything out of him while the rest of my party was in standby, just throwing a Phoenix Down to Zidane when needed.

When he was done, spam Thievery, Frog Drop, Holy and Flare to kill it and that was it. Nothing seemed dangerous.

So I expected that if it was that easy with my setup for the optional superboss, everything else would be easy as well (except for Friendly Yan, I know he is the real bad*ss out there). And that was true until the final boss...

For Necron, it pretty much is the same thing and I even have a more optimal party (all LV99, Zidane, Quina, Freya, Steiner). Sure he gets 3 actions per turn, but why would I care ?

Only his Grand Cross is awful and he seems to spam it very much, either directly killing some of my characters or making them Zombie and they get killed by their Auto-Regen ability before I get a chance to heal them :/

Could you guys please guive me some guidance on defending against this move ? Should I remove Auto-Regen and rely on manual healing (ie Curaga, White Wind, Chakra, healing items) ?

----

@Atomos199 :

about Jump Rope you say : "You can try [...] to have a record of 1,000 for 1st place and 0's for the 2nd and 3rd places."

But I don't see how you can have 0's ? When the game starts don't you have to input at least 1 jump ? Or could you forfeit before even the first jump ?

User Info: monkeyslinger

monkeyslinger
7 years ago#57
aladore384 posted...
So the infamous Kaiser Knuckles combo, right ?

Amarant
Stats (unequipped) : 34 Spd, 78 Str, 57 Mag, 42 Spr
-----

You copied Zidane's weapon into here. Also, It's been suggested that the mages could equip Ribbons instead of Protect Rings.

Wait, Ozma, Quale, Pluto, Trance Kuja were all jokes with my party... but when it comes to Necron I can't seem to make a joke out of him. Is that normal ? I even feel like he is making a joke out of me :/

Even with Ozma, I had LV1 Zidane + LV96 Quina, LV97 Eiko + LV97 Vivi.

Anyway, I wasn't even paying attention to Ozma, I just had Zidane steal everything out of him while the rest of my party was in standby, just throwing a Phoenix Down to Zidane when needed.

When he was done, spam Thievery, Frog Drop, Holy and Flare to kill it and that was it. Nothing seemed dangerous.

So I expected that if it was that easy with my setup for the optional superboss, everything else would be easy as well (except for Friendly Yan, I know he is the real bad*ss out there). And that was true until the final boss...

For Necron, it pretty much is the same thing and I even have a more optimal party (all LV99, Zidane, Quina, Freya, Steiner). Sure he gets 3 actions per turn, but why would I care ?

Only his Grand Cross is awful and he seems to spam it very much, either directly killing some of my characters or making them Zombie and they get killed by their Auto-Regen ability before I get a chance to heal them :/

Could you guys please guive me some guidance on defending against this move ? Should I remove Auto-Regen and rely on manual healing (ie Curaga, White Wind, Chakra, healing items) ?

You could try that. There's only so much you can do about Grand Cross. I just put Bird Killer on everyone and pounded him into dust.

about Jump Rope you say : "You can try [...] to have a record of 1,000 for 1st place and 0's for the 2nd and 3rd places."

But I don't see how you can have 0's ? When the game starts don't you have to input at least 1 jump ? Or could you forfeit before even the first jump ?

He means you only ever play the game once. You really have no score for 2nd and 3rd places, which is technically different from a score of 0.
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/

User Info: Pibugo

Pibugo
7 years ago#58
aladore384 posted...
When he was done, spam Thievery, Frog Drop,

> complains Ozma is too easy
> uses fixed damage attacks

lel
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther

User Info: Atomos199

Atomos199
7 years ago#59
monkeyslinger posted...
He means you only ever play the game once. You really have no score for 2nd and 3rd places, which is technically different from a score of 0.

*confirms*
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry

aladore384
7 years ago#60
Pibugo posted...
aladore384 posted...
When he was done, spam Thievery, Frog Drop,

> complains Ozma is too easy
> uses fixed damage attacks

lel

No complains here. In this playthrough I wanted to aim for cheap easy battle for this boss.

I'm just confused about the fact that the superboss seems weaker than the final boss, and I'm used to the other way around (for VIII : Omega W. > Ultima W. > Ultimecia)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Perfect Game issue : Maximizing inventory
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A