• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Petition for Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6/FF9/FF12) to direct Final Fantasy XV.

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
6 years ago#1
Please sign and spread the word. We can't chance Motomu Toriyama being chosen to direct again:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/please-appoint-hiroyuki-ito-as-the-producer-director-of-final-fantasy-xv

I tried to to put as much depth as possible into why Yoichi Wada should choose Hiroyuki Ito as director of FFXV. If you can think of things to add that will further our cause then please feel free to PM me.
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
6 years ago#2
The game is probably already much into development and already has a director.

Also, a lot of your reasons in the description were very subjective, trying to pass off opinions as fact.

Also I'd rather have Akitoshi Kawazu directing anything.
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!

User Info: unwashed_masses

unwashed_masses
6 years ago#3
at the very least I agree with the overall sentiment of the petition with regards to linear/open-world games.

the problem is that even if you miraculously convinced yoichi wada that choosing someone else might be better for the series, people's relationships with each other in the company have much more influence over who gets what job than the work they actually do. there's all kinds of weird power play at that level that go beyond assigning tasks based on merit.

User Info: HayanNinja

HayanNinja
6 years ago#4
What the f***, the same person who directed two of the best FFs also directed by far the worst? Amazing...
WARNING
You just lost the game.

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
6 years ago#5
NessEggman posted...
The game is probably already much into development and already has a director.

Also, a lot of your reasons in the description were very subjective, trying to pass off opinions as fact.

Also I'd rather have Akitoshi Kawazu directing anything.

Actually, at the PS4 event, they said they're "preparing for the development" of a FF game for PS4. That means development has yet to actually start. There's still time to choose a director.

Also, I didn't try and be factual with the actual article. I was merely basing it on the current state of FF when compared to the more popular and more critically acclaimed RPGs like Skyrim and Xenoblade.

I'd actually like Akitoshi Kawazu to be the executive producer. :-)

unwashed_masses posted...
at the very least I agree with the overall sentiment of the petition with regards to linear/open-world games.

the problem is that even if you miraculously convinced yoichi wada that choosing someone else might be better for the series, people's relationships with each other in the company have much more influence over who gets what job than the work they actually do. there's all kinds of weird power play at that level that go beyond assigning tasks based on merit.

Good point. I think Hiroyuki Ito will gain respect. He has been at the company since before the FF series started. He has a long history with the series.

Riverstone30gm posted...
What the f***, the same person who directed two of the best FFs also directed by far the worst? Amazing...

Two out of three ain't bad. LOL!

Also, I love all the FF games he directed, but FFXII is my fave FF game and the most forward thinking.
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.

User Info: peedeejay

peedeejay
6 years ago#6
Riverstone30gm posted...

You haven't played 2?

Also, it's well known that 12 had a nutty development. Not a good excuse, but given his track record, I'm hoping 12 was an anomaly and not the norm.

User Info: Gerskey

Gerskey
6 years ago#7
pfft, 12 might be a bore, but it's nowhere near as bad as 13.

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
6 years ago#8
Honestly the only main FF game I'm not really fond of is FFII (the real one, NOT FFIV)
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox

User Info: Mr_Skullhead

Mr_Skullhead
6 years ago#9
ohayo galvy-kun

User Info: HayanNinja

HayanNinja
6 years ago#10
peedeejay posted...
Riverstone30gm posted...

You haven't played 2?

Also, it's well known that 12 had a nutty development. Not a good excuse, but given his track record, I'm hoping 12 was an anomaly and not the norm.

Nope. I've completed 6 through X-2, and played but not completed 1, 4, 5 and 12.
WARNING
You just lost the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. Petition for Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6/FF9/FF12) to direct Final Fantasy XV.
  • Topic Archived