• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. Damn I'm Good is bad

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
8 years ago#1
This is one of the worst highest difficulties in a game. The enemies will comeback to life after you killed them, unless you blow them up or kick their dead bodies. Kicking their bodies can be boring. I prefer "Come Get Some" for adventure mode because I like looking at the dead enemies. I pick "Damn I'm Good" for Dukematch. What difficulty do you like to play?

User Info: AlexPuma

AlexPuma
8 years ago#2
I believe DIG is a continuation of Doom's "Nightmare" difficulty, which was added after people complained that the original highest difficulty, Ultra-Violence, was too easy. And it was even more unfair, since one couldn't just kick the enemy corpses to make sure they are dead.

And to be honest, I've never played Doom or Duke Nukem 3D/64 without cheats.
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
8 years ago#3
DIG wouldn't be this bad if this game didn't need the N64 memory card, because when you use the level select code, you'll only start with the pistol. Beating stage 2 and higher in DIG while killing all the enemies and finding all the secrets and babes, while starting with the pistol could be possible but the problem is kicking the bodies causes boredom. This was fixed in Duke Nukem Advance. They made an alien that can bring an enemy back to life. Right now I'm trying to beat all the stages while finding everything by starting off with only the pistol in Come Get Some.
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. Damn I'm Good is bad
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A