• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. I seem to recall this was drastically different from the PC version...

User Info: Andy1005

Andy1005
9 years ago#1
I saw on the Duke Nukem 3D board someone said this game scared them when I was little.

I almost wanted to laugh, but I remembered that Duke Nukem 64 scared ME when I was little quite a bit.

I was too scared to play the single player mode very far, and mostly only played the multiplayer mode, which I remember had bots. (Too bad they couldn't've worked out a coop bot like they did in Perfect Dark.) And, that got me thinking more. I seem to recall this version is drastically different than the regular version of the game for the PC.

I remember in the level Motel Hell, there were several butchered women hidden in closets. This freaked me out most about the game as a kid, the violence toward women.

I also remember two main differences in Duke's weapons. In this version, I remember that Duke could use 2 pistols, not just one. Is this right or wrong?

I also remember that in multiplayer, and possibly single player, there was an extra type of pistol ammo. Dum Dums. I had to ask my dad what they were at the time but now I know.

So a quick question, are there 2 pistols and dum dums in single player or is that just a multiplayer thing?

And has anyone here played Zero hour? Is it a FPS? Is it good?
"Comfort and happiness..."~Rinoa Heartilly

User Info: ananus

ananus
9 years ago#2
Andy1005 posted...
I saw on the Duke Nukem 3D board someone said this game scared them when I was little.

I almost wanted to laugh, but I remembered that Duke Nukem 64 scared ME when I was little quite a bit.

I was too scared to play the single player mode very far, and mostly only played the multiplayer mode, which I remember had bots. (Too bad they couldn't've worked out a coop bot like they did in Perfect Dark.) And, that got me thinking more. I seem to recall this version is drastically different than the regular version of the game for the PC.

I remember in the level Motel Hell, there were several butchered women hidden in closets. This freaked me out most about the game as a kid, the violence toward women.

I also remember two main differences in Duke's weapons. In this version, I remember that Duke could use 2 pistols, not just one. Is this right or wrong?

I also remember that in multiplayer, and possibly single player, there was an extra type of pistol ammo. Dum Dums. I had to ask my dad what they were at the time but now I know.

So a quick question, are there 2 pistols and dum dums in single player or is that just a multiplayer thing?

And has anyone here played Zero hour? Is it a FPS? Is it good?

iirc, you could only hold 1 pistol. Also, in the N64 version, there was the SMG which are submachine guns that can be dual-handed also in single-player

And don't forget the plasma cannon!

For ZH, it's a TPS and it's ok but it's also overshadowed by DN3D/64
The elitist ananus: A QUEBECOIS who doesn't always act as indicated in username.
My English is really bad.............ass

User Info: The_Great_1

The_Great_1
9 years ago#3

That was Hotel Hell, I had many battles there.

Dont forget ammo types. I didnt read all of your post TC, nor the following post.

Explosive shotgun shell, and homing missiles.

Grenade launcher was a new gun too.

User Info: GoatEclipse

GoatEclipse
9 years ago#4
This was literally the first game I'd ever played, when I was 3 years old.

I never really understood what was going on, but I still loved it.
When life hands me lemons, I make beef stew!
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. I seem to recall this was drastically different from the PC version...
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 5 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 2 Questions (2 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A