• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. not surprised how dead this is

User Info: davidsworld3

davidsworld3
9 years ago#1

Doesn't seem like this game series has ever truly made it stand out with the rest like perfect dark or james bond. A fun play for a short while then just gets kinda boring, they tend to make some parts to hard to enjoy.

The new game coming out looks much improved though. Doubt it will get a huge score but will be fun.

User Info: Muck0 Man

Muck0 Man
9 years ago#2
Well these games were never meant to be taken seriously and have always relied on dark humor and spoofing of other games. And it's pretty expected that Duke Nukem 64 is forgotten seeing as it was a port of PC game and is toned down in adult content.

Yes and let's hope this new game isn't the final nail in Duke's coffin. The amount of game series that are have turned to crap this generation is sickening.
PSN: McPistol
All time favorites: MGS3, Fallout 2, Morrowind

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
9 years ago#3
I still play this game. I like exploring the stages in Dukematch and it doesn't get old. I wish it didn't need a N64 memory card to save. Do you think that memory card was a bad idea?

Muck0 Man
9 years ago#4
Well a lot of 3rd party N64 games used the memory pak instead of internal save. This is likely due to most of the 3rd party games being multi-platform.

User Info: davidsworld3

davidsworld3
9 years ago#5

Yeah I hate that you need a memory pack, I dont have one, need to get one at gamers or ebay.

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
9 years ago#6
I remember that I beaten the single player adventure mode in one setting on "Let's Rock" because I didn't have the memory card. In two player co-op, you don't need to worry about dying over and over. I currently have the memory card but it no longer works. I think it has a weaker battery life than the PlayStation memory card because I have two N64 memory cards and both of them died before the PS1 memory card.

Muck0 Man
9 years ago#7
I would just use the level select code. I don't own my N64 or this game anymore though. I do have Time to Kill for the PSX though; my personal favorite Duke Nukem game.

User Info: Bruce_the_Ugga

Bruce_the_Ugga
9 years ago#8

Dude, this game was so much fun to play when back in the day. In no way is the Duke Nukem series dead, it's still one of the best FPS games of all time. Along with Doom 1/2, Goldeneye 64, Half-Life, Halo etc. There have been a few bad Duke games, but the FPS is the real Duke.

User Info: Bruce_the_Ugga

Bruce_the_Ugga
9 years ago#9

I only just baught Duke Nukem 3D yesterday morning off the Xbox Live Arcade. It's still as fun as I remember.

1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. not surprised how dead this is
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A