• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. The game that got me into Duke Nukem

User Info: RazorX3

RazorX3
10 years ago#1
well the 3D games anyway. I never played Duke Nukem 3D until 4-5 years ago, but I've owned this game for a really long time. I never even knew it was censored and that the original game had music (same for Doom, which I first played on the Playstation, I'm more of a console gamer incase you couldn't tell)

But this wasn't the first Duke Nukem game I played. The original DOS games are what made me a fan, but this game proved to me that Duke kicks just as much ass in 3D as he did in 2D

Infact in some ways I think this game surpasses Duke Nukem 3D, but that game on XBLA is even superior to the 1996 original
"Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the best series ever to be brought back"
Number of people who agree: 8

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
10 years ago#2
Aside from a quick mess-about on a friend's 360, I've not yet played DN3D on Xbox Live!, sadly, but I love DN both on the PC and the N64. I prefer DN64 to DN3D, as I prefer the new weapons, and usually the slightly refined levels, but I like the PC version for it's ability to play user mods, and I detest the way the N64 version has no stars in space, just endless pitch black, ridiculously. I don't mind the censorship (and I prefer at least one aspect of the censorship - you now save the babes, not kill them), as as much as I like naked breasts, the loss of such low resolution representations means nothing to me.

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour on the N64 is brilliant, and you can play it in first or third person mode, using a cheat on the games Gamefaqs cheat page. I didn't much like Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, on the Playstation, it was OK but nothing special. I haven't played DN3D on the Playstation, Sega Saturn or Mac (or any other machine it might be on), so I can't comment on them. The games were never released on the XBox 1, but 3D Realms released the source code to DN3D, so it was portd to the XBox, and is very nice indeed, and even works with most user made mods and levels. Sadly, you need a modded XBox to play this, but if you have one then it's well worth playing the game on, and there are ports of Doom 1 and 2, Quake 1 and 2 (and Quake 3, but it doesn't run fast enough on later levels), Shadow Warrior 3D, Descent 1 and 2, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstein 3D, Alien vs. Predator, and maybe others.

I was very disappointed when Duke Nukem Forever was finally cancelled.
When you've finished here, don't forget to visit:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
  1. Boards
  2. Duke Nukem 64
  3. The game that got me into Duke Nukem
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 5 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 2 Questions (2 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A