• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior Monsters
  3. What should I breed?

User Info: r0adragee

r0adragee
10 years ago#1
Please bare with me, I am just starting out and I am sure I have already made plenty of mistakes in this game already. But so far I am really enjoying the Monster Warrior series.

Right now I have just passed the Traveler's Gate in the Well. I have already breed to get a Grizzly, and a Coatol (sorry if spelled wrong). And then I have Hale, my healer.

I have these gates completed:

Beginner
Villager
Talisman
Memories
Bewilder
Peace
Bravery

And I have completed classes E, F and G.

I'm just wondering what I can breed that will be worth my time...I'm thinking about breeding Hale with something, but I don't know what the best combinations are. I'm not looking for the absolute best monster...yet, just something that may take a 3-4 breeding chain that has fairly high attack, or with good skills.

Grizzly is at lv. 22, Coatol at 20, and Hale at 25 btw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

User Info: Maxim_Shadow

Maxim_Shadow
10 years ago#2
BUG + MATERIAL = StagBug
StagBug + StagBug = HornBeet

HornBeet is a stellar monster with great all-around stats that levels up very quickly. The StagBugs, oddly enough, also have pretty decent stats and level up even quicker, meaning it's fairly easy to get a HornBeet with some very nice stats at the outset that only get higher with time, and would likely outclass all three of those.

You definitely need to do something about Hale, too, but it's always tough to figure out just what to do with him. I typically either turn him into a WingSlime (high agility, WindBeast/Vacuum later on to give him some offensive punch), BoxSlime (high defense, solid MP and agility and Blazemost, but low hp), or MadPlant (also high agility, good mp but lacks offensive punch). You can also go a route like DrakSlime, getting FireAir and high agi, or even GiantSlug, which has unimpressive stats but levels up incredibly fast. Unfortunately, as far as I know there are no breeds that require Healer as a specific component, so breeding him initially is basically restricted to low-tier monsters.

Actually, you know what? Ignore all that. I just got an idea.

Healer + DRAGON = DrakSlime
BEAST + DrakSlime = Goategon

Goategon is a damned fine monster to begin with, and it'll know heal & increase, have a solid physical offense, well-rounded stats, and will have a means of attacking all monsters via FireAir or Firebal, and SleepAir.

Then, you can do a couple things with him.

BIRD + Goategon = Blizzardy
Gasgon / BattleRex / SkyDragon / MadDragon + Goategon = Andreal

Both of those have a solid list of breeds, too. So yeah, get a DrakSlime, get a Goategon, plan out your route and kick some ass. If you level Hale and the resulting DrakSlime well, you could even come out of it with a Goategon/Blizzardy/Andreal with HealUs, which would kick all kinds of ass.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ik9iqq.jpg

r0adragee
10 years ago#3
Okay, small update here.

Grizzly is lv. 29, Hale is 29, and Coat is 23 now.

And Hale now knows HealUs!

So should I breed Hale with my Dragon that I got at the end of that one Dungen...I just called it "Dran" Its level 22, do you think it is high enough to breed with?

User Info: mriswith70

mriswith70
10 years ago#4
IIRC, Dran and Hale are both male, every time.

Hale is kinda a drag at the start, no much for offense, and levels slower than many of the monsters you can make with him. But, as with most monsters, at level 36 his stat gains start to pick up. At that point, if you can stand leveling him more, his stat gains should be sufficient to be sure that whatever you use him for gets HealUs, and he'll have decent attack as well.

In fact, the last run I made, I maxed out Hale's level while I was doing Reflection, and took him with me to the SNT. First round KOd first monster, second or third got my second monster. Hale, however, between Increase at the start of each fight, and HealAll as needed, took out the first 2 masters fairly quickly, and had MP to spare after he took out the final fight.

He IS a pain to raise, though, and his lack of skills stinks, so I don't really suggest raising him quite that high. (I just couldn't decide what to use him for, and kept him with me for healing.)

As for what to breed... Not sure what breeding opportunities are available to you at that point in the arena, but if you can use Mick's Lizardman, use a devil family, you'll get a Lionex. Lionex has good resists to several spells, and good stats. (I bred a Gremlin and a Beanman to make an Orc, then used that. Ended up with a Lionex with Heal, HealUs, Vivify, Twinhits, Evilslash, Gigaslash, and several other options doing that.)

Also, use May's Rayburn to make a Whipbird. It's a great monster, if you get a good move pool on the bird family monster you use to make it. High HP and Attack, quick growth, and several good options for future breeding, including Greatdrak and Andreal.
REJOICE. For very bad things are about to happen. ~Richard, Looking For Group

User Info: mriswith70

mriswith70
10 years ago#5
Oh, I also recommend getting a Unicorn. (Beast family + Fangslime.) Use it with a Roboster to make a Kingleo, which will last a good while if you want it to. (Unicorn also learns both Heal and Vivify, if you want or need them, but if you're going for a Kingleo, you may want more attack moves, since he's great for that.)
REJOICE. For very bad things are about to happen. ~Richard, Looking For Group

r0adragee
10 years ago#6
Okay another update with how I am going:

I finally got 14 tinymetals so I now have a ZapBird egg? Do you think I should hatch and train it? Will it even be worth it?

And I then went through the Traveler's Gate in the Medal Man's house and ended up catching the King Slime (Kix)...should I train and breed this one? If so, with what?

I still have my Hale just as Hale, but once I find a Dragon to breed with I probably will breed.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure I screwed up with the couple of in-game breeds that you can do...I think I breeded them with the right types of monsters, but I didn't train them before breeding. I didn't realize it made a big difference. So I do have a Lionex and Blizzardy egg, but are they even worth it to hatch/train/breed?

r0adragee
10 years ago#7
Oh yeah, and now Mick wants to breed something with his DeadNite. What should I breed it with?

User Info: Maxim_Shadow

Maxim_Shadow
10 years ago#8
Another DeadNite.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ik9iqq.jpg

r0adragee
10 years ago#9
Ok, how do I get another DeathNite to breed with then? what do I need to breed to create a DeathNite? And what do 2 DeathNites combine to make?

r0adragee
10 years ago#10
*DeadNite, not DeathNite, sorry.*
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior Monsters
  3. What should I breed?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A