• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Immigrant towns questions/confusion

User Info: StormswordX

StormswordX
1 year ago#1
Ok, so I first thought that when you recruit an immigrant from a certain spawning spot, that was the only immigrant that would ever spawn there for the whole game. Then I realized that couldn't be true because 1) there are more immigrants than spawning spots and 2) after recruiting about 21 immigrants, I realized that I had NO bullies/sailors/prisoners and only a few of the dancers/mixers/ bunny girls that I would need for the slum town. And I had already recruited from 2/3 of the spawning spots, and was unlikely to get the remaining kinds needed for the slum town from the last 10 or so spots (including the 5 permanent immigrants that are always available but had not been recruited yet). So now I'm thinking that I need to evict some of the unnecessary ones and go back to those same spawning spots and hope that this time, I will find sailors/bullies/prisoners in the places that I previously recruited other kinds (like priests or farmers or merchants, etc.) Is that right? Do I just keep recruiting, evicting the unwanted ones, and going back to those same spots until I get the right mix of the ones I want?
And then, when I get the right number of, say, bunnies/dancers/mixers and bullies/prisoners/sailor, I just go back out and recruit enough of any kind to reach the necessary total of immigrants to complete the town I want?

Also, I realize that people have different preferences, but, in your opinion, am I better getting the bazaar for the MKshields or the slum for the MKArmor, wrecking whip and starry bracelets.

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 year ago#2
Soo...the thing with the immigrant town is that the 'spawn' rate is higher the fewer people you have. The best way to finish off towns is to evict as many unnecessary people as possible (although you can't reduce the size of your town so there's a limit) and then keep visiting the spawn locations where you can see the spot easily from a nearby door (such as the inn in Falrod or the weapon shop in Probina...IIRC).

If you see unnecessary immigrants, don't recruit them. And yes, all recruiting locations are the same: equal spawn rates and equal chance of seeing any type of NPC. There are a couple permanent recruits that it's largely best to avoid as you can't get rid of them, but you probably already have them...and it's not the end of the world.

Regarding which way to go, I wouldn't say there's a clear winner between the Bazaar and Slum. The Slum is necessary if you want to mess with monster classes to any significant degree (you get useful hearts at Lucky Panel)...but if you're not interested in that I'd probably just go for the Bazaar.

You can do both if you're really having fun with it, of course...
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

StormswordX
1 year ago#3
Thanks so much for your help. I think I understand the immigrant system better now. Right now, I have about 22 immigrants recruited. Sims won't let me evict any more of them, presumably until I recruit replacements to keep the minimum limit. So I'm on the hunt for the specific kinds of immigrants I'm looking for. What I've been doing is just zooming from one known spawning location to the next, looking for more immigrants. Does it make sense to keep rotating from place to place (like 30+ locations in succession) or would it work just to keep going in and out of the same spawning location over and over until I get the ones I want? I've been actively looking for these specific recruits for hours . I found maybe 4 possible recruits total but only one that fits my needs. It seems like it would take forever to recruit the 21 merchants/traders for the bazaar or the 20 or so mix of recruits needed for the slum. Are we talking days and days to get the ones I need?

wpot
1 year ago#4
Yes, sorry if I didn't make that clear. Keep going in and out of locations until you see an immigrant show up - it helps if you stick to the places where you can see the spawn point from the door. After walking in/out several times you'll eventually see an immigrant. You should get one every few minutes that way.

I remember zooming to new locations after every time I saw an immigrant, useful or not, but I don't immediately remember what happens if you keep entering/exiting at the same location. I think I was under the impression that you would only see one immigrant at a location every time you load the game...but I can't confirm if that's true.

Regardless, you can see an immigrant at every location you visit every time by entering/exiting.

I feel like it probably takes 5-6 hours to convert final town forms, IIRC.

StormswordX
1 year ago#5
Thank you. Sorry for sounding a little dense, but when you say walking in/out, do you mean walking in and out of the specific building where they appear or exiting and re-entering the town each time?

wpot
1 year ago#6
Just the building/cave/whatever screen where the immigrant shows up....

StormswordX
1 year ago#7
Thank you. That worked and it saved me some time because I was going in and out of the town.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Immigrant towns questions/confusion
  • Topic Archived