• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dino Crisis
  3. New Dino Crisis player here, anyone around?

User Info: SuperTriforce

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#1
Heyo,

I finished another run of the first Resident Evil on PS1 today (such a classic), and then I noticed Dino Crisis idly sitting around, having never been seriously played.

Are there any beginner tips?
I don't remember too much of this game other than it was seriously hard, and from reading up about it, apparently has quite a few unlockables.

While I could just grab a save from somewhere to run through the game with infinite ammo, I would much rather earn it myself and create some lasting memories with it, now in 2018, 19 years after the game first came out.
I dig old stuff still, so yo I'm excited!

I'll get to playing it in the next hour, so I might miss the next post in this thread, but no worries; I will definitely start a second playthrough after making it as far as I can on my first attempt so I can do it better and get further on the second try...!

Also general Dino Crisis discussion thread!

Please be mindful and hide spoilers with the appropriate tag.

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#2
Last night I finished my first Easy run playthrough.

Today I will start the Normal difficulty run and hopefully beat it in one sitting.
I'm all about those unlockables, and once I got what I want, I'll speedrun the game for a while :)

I haven't done a speedrun of anything in a long while, so this is cool.

Here are my stats for the Easy mode run:

Difficulty: Easy
Total Time: 2:27:41
Saves: 15
Ending: 1/3 (best ending)

I practiced Easy mode a bit before finishing the game, but it still took me much longer than I wanted it to because dinosaurs were being a pest ^^"
I'm going to enjoy the playthrough where I kill everything with infinite ammo weapons :^)

User Info: fereydoom

fereydoom
1 year ago#3
all of the sudden, i want to replay this game. maybe i will give it a try
'Welcome to Gamefaqs. Where there are no Mods, only children with power. Where trolling is encouraged, and there is no time for logic or sense.

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#4
Sometimes, just knowing that someone else is playing a game can motivate :)

It seems that it doesn't matter which difficulty the game is being played on, as unlockables are apparently not dependent on it.
If that's the case, I just might skip out on Normal (it depends how much I still feel like playing).

The current goal has been changed from beating Normal to getting all three endings on Easy.
I could see myself going for Normal once I've done a few complete Easy runs.

That said, I've mostly been playing Dino Crisis 2 for the last two days, so that has me distracted from the first game ^^"

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 year ago#5
Always cool to see someone new enjoy this game 😎
--
-

fereydoom
1 year ago#6
the puzzle in this game was soo good. i really liked them.
'Welcome to Gamefaqs. Where there are no Mods, only children with power. Where trolling is encouraged, and there is no time for logic or sense.

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#7
I've seen mostly hate towards the puzzles in the game, so it's refreshing to read that someone actually liked them!
I think they're pretty fun too for the most part.

The game is booted up right now, so I'll be starting the second playthrough now :)
I'll post stats again when I have some!

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 year ago#8
I remember writing down the passwords on paper the first time I played back in the day 🙃
--
-

fereydoom
1 year ago#9
i love the puzzle in this game. those DDK disc and how they played, rewrite ID card, get fingerprints, man, that was very creative.

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#10
I don't have much to say about the game right now; things have been really busy for the last two weeks and it's been difficult to find the time for more Dino Crisis...

The second game I was able to finish shortly after posting here for the last time though!
I think I like it more than this first game, as it has more going for it.

I hope to get back to the first Dino Crisis this weekend, but it isn't guaranteed.

This thread just might get archived soon, so, thanks fereydoom and este914 for posting and sharing your thoughts and experiences :)
  1. Boards
  2. Dino Crisis
  3. New Dino Crisis player here, anyone around?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Remake is coming?KillzoneSnake35/29 3:59PM