• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dino Crisis
  3. I hope they'll make a remaster of this

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
3 years ago#1
once they're done remaster / remaking RE...

Never played this game before, started some time this year, but just recently picked it up from where I left and immediately got hooked!
Totally plays like RE Remake which I also played the first time around this time last year...
The atmosphere is actually better though or at least I like the sci-fi setting more... RE doesn't really feel scarry, because it's all set up like an old horror movie, which usually aren't scarry at all. That aside...

They should really make a HD Remaster for this, but I think the story and everything is just too bad... although I really like the graphics, but the character models are horrible, lol.

At least Regina looks good thanks to my "custom" screen adjustments! :p

Did the characters from Resident Evil 1 look as bad, too? Because in that case a remaster* would make a lot of sense, RE HD looks fantastic (I know they remade the characters for that, but still...)

*maybe even a remake, because honestly the story is lackluster, it's almost not existent, RE HD might be similar, but feels a lot more fleshed out.

Everyone who wants this, too should tweet or email Capcom and let them know, because I think they're listening... something about this company makes me really confident they're really listening to their fans. (probably all the remakes / remasters, lol)

http://i.imgur.com/N5kqB9g.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9wQyTPu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HyMpOHl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ppiygSX.jpg
Playing: Moe Chronicle DOA Paradise DOA5LR Drakengard 3 Dino Crisis PDF PDF2ND Tekken DR SFxT RE Rev 2 IA/VT

User Info: Muck0 Man

Muck0 Man
3 years ago#2
I would to see this series revisited. It seems to me over the past few years Capcom has been unsure how to handle the future of their franchises.
All time favorites: MGS3, Fallout 2, Morrowind, GTA: VC, OoT, Earthbound

unknown_VS
3 years ago#3
Well, yes, but that seems to have changed recently, I mean they made the hd remaster, 0 and are going to "remake" RE2... all three things something most people said would never happen, because A) "there's no demand" and B) "LOL Capcom"... clueless people, I always thought Capcom is one of the smarter companies, but whatever.

Just remake it with new (preferably pre rendered) backgrounds, hd characters and add some more "story" to it = profit. :)
Playing: Moe Chronicle DOA Paradise DOA5LR Drakengard 3 Dino Crisis PDF PDF2ND Tekken DR SFxT RE Rev 2 IA/VT

User Info: Muck0 Man

Muck0 Man
3 years ago#4
That would be amazing to see this redone in the same way as REmake. I feel like the series never reached its full potential and hope someday Capcom creates a true successor to the original.
All time favorites: MGS3, Fallout 2, Morrowind, GTA: VC, OoT, Earthbound
(message deleted)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 years ago#6
While we would love to see DC 1&2 (no love for 3? ;)) remastered, its probably doubtful at best that Capcom would ever do it. This series is not nearly as popular as RE so they probably dont see the need to put effort into a remake. But I would certainly get it if they ever did.
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.

unknown_VS
3 years ago#7
I never played these games, but 3 sounds actually fun, I mean Dinos in space? Lol. :p

And yeah, unlikely, but it still would be nice to see (1-2).*

Depends on how the Remake of RE 2 (and 3) will go I guess, maybe when there's a bigger demand for this kind of "survival horror" games, which there aren't many to begin with.

Onimusha HD would be sweet, too!

* but like I said, they would really need to do something about the story, I mean, is there a story, if so I'm not getting it, lol.

It's like, stupid, suicidal commander, ok, but boring guy as teammate and... dinos everywhere! (because reasons). The end. (probably, haven't finished it yet)

Fine with me, but people want a story... lol.
Playing: Moe Chronicle DOA Paradise DOA5LR Drakengard 3 Dino Crisis PDF PDF2ND Tekken DR SFxT RE Revelations RE0 HD IA/VT

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 years ago#8
I've never played DC3 as I've never owned an Xbox :(
I heard it did not do so well either. So I doubt we'll ever hear about it again ....
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.
  1. Boards
  2. Dino Crisis
  3. I hope they'll make a remaster of this
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Remake is coming?KillzoneSnake35/29 3:59PM