• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dino Crisis
  3. Lol - so no analog control for this game....

User Info: HHM_HHU

HHM_HHU
4 years ago#1
I remember playing this game when it first came out and thought for sure I used analog control. Meh, it is what it is I suppose... my analog on my controller is squeaky as hell, so it looks like I will either have to ensure the squeak or hold off on beating this game. What's 16-years aye? Lol

User Info: ddeadguy

ddeadguy
4 years ago#2
You would actually play this game with the analog stick?

It has tank controls, if would be very slow and frustrating.

HHM_HHU
4 years ago#3
Ugh... I play all of the RE's with analog dude. It is not weird at all and is less stress on my fingers. I literally have been playing just RE since January.

Now if we are talking about games with worse tank controls like Tomb Raider 3, then I would agree with you. Dino Crisis was directed my Mikami who was director or RE1 and 4, while he produced RE's 1-4, so I am no stranger to his tank controls at all.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 years ago#4
I never play any of the DC games or RE games with the analog stick. It is not precise enough. When I use the D-pad I can get exactly to where I need to go, it works so much better for me.
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.

HHM_HHU
4 years ago#5
este914 posted...
I never play any of the DC games or RE games with the analog stick. It is not precise enough. When I use the D-pad I can get exactly to where I need to go, it works so much better for me.

Interesting... I love te analog control for all the RE games, but for games like Tomb Raider (PS1) I can only use the D-Pad. To each their own though

User Info: Moopy

Moopy
4 years ago#6
I play all the RE's with the stick as well, (Except for the very first one, because the version that comes with analogue stick support has horrible music.)

I do quite well with the stick, I'm not doubting that I'd be slightly more precise with the d-pad, but the Dual Shock's d-pad feels so uncomfortable on my thumb that it just won't do.

User Info: Ghidrah

Ghidrah
4 years ago#7
I could never get used to the sticks on a PS controller, add the controller is too small for my hands and it's a horror show made worse when I have to get in and out of inventory ASAP. The sticks aren't placed as well and not as accurate as the sticks on the Xbox. I couldn't play the xbox games the way I do without the sticks. Obviously they aren't even in the same state as the accuracy of a mouse for hitting marks or targeting, and they do take a bit of practice. For me where the xbox sticks run hot is when I'm ghosting in Splinter Cell, you just can't creep any slower than with the stick.
Never bite the hand that looks dirty!
  1. Boards
  2. Dino Crisis
  3. Lol - so no analog control for this game....
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Remake is coming?KillzoneSnake35/29 3:59PM