• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crusaders of Might and Magic
  3. (spoilers) just finished and...

User Info: treos2

treos2
7 years ago#1
tbh, theres not much to this game overall. sure there are a few differences from the psx version such as the decievers (yeah, you don't even use the spell to reveal them outside a cutscene or 2. >.>). necros having a giant airship, and the various regions being MUCH larger albeit relatively empty. aside from that and your spells and weapons not lvling up with practice its a pretty bare bones game. i'd almost write this off as a prequel to the psx game since you only actually meet necros once and thats as the final boss PLUS the lines he says before the fight? guess what the statue of necros says in the very beginning of the psx game, the same lines. so possibly a prequel in some ways but overall the psx game of the same title is better imo.

nice soundtrack though. if you've ever played any of the Heroes Chronicles games then you'd recognize the majority of the bgm tracks right away.

overall, not the best pc game i've played but...i'd suggest going with the psx game if you ever want to suggest crusaders of might and magic to anyone. its got less complicated controlls (kinda a given). you can train your weapons to get stronger/faster rather than rely on potions. the runes/amulets in the psx game along with the 3-4 armor types blow away any kind of defense in the pc game. and lastly, around 6 hours or so of action on the psx game vs 6+ hours of huge, largely empty, regions and a slightly different quest line on the pc version. 1 upside to the pc version is near seamless loading between areas. it only takes maybe 1 second and no stopping at loading screens but then again this could be due to the psx game running off a disc or something.
  1. Boards
  2. Crusaders of Might and Magic
  3. (spoilers) just finished and...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A