• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Cross
  3. Would anyone care if I attempted a "least amount of characters" run? [SPOILERS]

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
7 years ago#1
For the purpose of documentation, that is. Theoretically, only sixteen characters ever need to join...

Fargo
Guile / Nikki / Pierre
Grobyc
Karsh
Leah
Marcy
Norris
Orcha
Radius
Riddel
Serge
Sprigg
Starky
Steena
Viper
Zoah

I have a feeling I'm missing someone...

The temporary characters would be Kid and Harle.

So, should I start this up?
I mean, you know your fanbase is bad when you have to go to FF boards for peace and decent discussions - heartlesshero17

User Info: LBoksha

LBoksha
7 years ago#2
I think it's been done before.
This wouldn't be very different from a regular run though?
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!

Moeman_
7 years ago#3
Not really, no. I tried this once but never finished it... Who was the other person to do this?
I mean, you know your fanbase is bad when you have to go to FF boards for peace and decent discussions - heartlesshero17

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
7 years ago#4
No your not missing anybody Lynx would be the 17'th PC on such a run but he''s still a temporary PC.

I finished such a run which is ONLY possible on the Save Kid route on the don't save Kid Route Doc is forced to join.

But best weapons will be the stone base ones (can't forge the rainbow shell equipment at all.) Though the Black Dragon CAN still be fought.

User Info: LBoksha

LBoksha
7 years ago#5
Who was the other person to do this?

Actually I might have been thinking of you there. :-P
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!

VeghEsther
7 years ago#6
Its still too easy I still beat Dario on such a run before killing all 6 elemental dragons.

However the elemental plates stolen or the stone base equipment will be the best weapons/armors to make since you can't forge the Prism (Rainbow shells) at all.

Also note to do this for the Save Kid route the only way to skip Razzly and not have her join at all is to kill the Hydra first.

Moeman_
7 years ago#7
LBoksha posted...
Actually I might have been thinking of you there. :-P
Oh. Well, then, that explains it... So, let's get on with this!

- I got Korcha is my third for the prologue. Uh, no. Reset and got Orlha. Yay.

- Serge did Lizard Rock alone.

- I accepted Kid since there's no way to get out of Leena and Poshul if you refuse her.

- Headed to Termina, picked Guile, and renamed him Magil. Hell yeah, Radical Dreamers.

- "Boy, did her information help. I was afraid the perimeter's counterspell would be quite a problem."

That's all I got so far. I know normally a person only has Leena, Poshul, and Mojo at the moment, but planning it out on paper makes it seem like you only get Serge, Kid, and the manor guide for the entire first part of the game. The bulk of the characters are gotten as Lynx.

Moeman_
7 years ago#8
Did a bit more tonight.

- Ignored Kid to advance the plot (Also because I hate Korcha), and went back to Termina. And... What!? Glenn was forced on me! Macha let out a yell and chastised Magil and Serge for ignoring "a friend in a time of need." Ugh.

- Reloaded and picked to save Kid. Oh joy, oh rapture, it's Korcha. Ugh, gag me. In a stroke of genius I renamed him Ugcha. Heheh.

- Ignored Razzly and went to pick up the Humour. Rushed back, Ugcha left, and now it's Serge, Kid, and Magil again. No more Ugcha for the rest of the game! Yaaaay.

- Despite the fact that I did choose to save Kid, she still passed out at Water Dragon Isle. I think the requisite for this is to either not have Razzly or not have Razzly on your team when you fight the Hi-ho Tank. So storywise, to get the best out of Serge and Kid's relationship, you need to leave poor little Razzly to the wolves... Er, octopus.

VeghEsther
7 years ago#9
For the Don't save Kid path it IS possible to not have Macha and Glenn not join but Doc WILL be forced into the party.

So for a minimal PC's run the save Kid path + skip Razzly from joining is required.

Moeman_
7 years ago#10
Some more progress!

- Mt. Pyre and its endless stream of boss fights, and then... Yay, Fort Dragonia! Let's do this!

- I just realized I can't trap Iceberg from the Giant Gloop. Curses. I did manage to get Holy Light and Freefall though.

- Confirmed: Only Serge, Kid, and the manor guide are needed for the first part of the game.

- Oh noes, I'm a demi-human. Woe is me. Goodbye forever, Kid; we'll miss you.

- Blackmailed Sprigg (Or did she blackmail me?) and Harle joined. Oh, Harle, how I love you.

- Headed to Arni and Radius decided he wanted to fight us... But later he joined.

- Went and did stuff in Termina and at Viper Manor. Ooh, Norris! Hello, honey! Remember, no Zappa means no Smith Spirit.

- Yay, a boat! Time to go do the S.S. Zelbess hooplah. Stayed the night in Marbule, went to the Zelbess, got scammed, turned into cats, scammed the scammers, etc. At the end, I rejected Irenes' offer to join the team, of course, but I still took her request.

- Gah, forgot about the friggin Isle of the Damned. Oh well, time to grab more treasure, I guess.

- The Tower of Geddon... My favorite place in all of Chrono Cross. We went through, just the five of us. Creepy stuff.

- I hate Miguel. Also, they're REALLY inconsistent with translating the term "darkness beyond time." Here's it's referenced as the "darkness beyond dimensions."

- Yaaay, Another World! We went to go see what's what in Termina, poked around, and... Oh. Oh my. And Magil! But he refuses to join us. Ugh. Screw you too, you blue haired bastard. Well, in the end, Karsh joined us, so that's good I suppose... Though I must admit, I was thinking about how sometimes, the leftmost character's legs are shown in a closeup after battles, and was tempted to pick Zoah... Ahhh. But story > sex appeal! I'm not THAT shallow.

- It's kind of sad to think that I've already gotten access to the majority of the ultimate weapons. At least Denadorite won't steer me wrong.

So far I've noticed it's really easy to manage three teammates as opposed to, say, thirteen.
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Cross
  3. Would anyone care if I attempted a "least amount of characters" run? [SPOILERS]
  • Topic Archived