• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  3. Rare drops in the first castle

User Info: d0wner

d0wner
3 months ago#1
I know there are all sorts of fun rare drops in the reverse castle. What about weapon/armor drops in the first castle? Anything worth hunting, at that point in the game?
shoot the core.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
3 months ago#2
Heaven Sword (rare drop from Cloaked Knight in Clock Tower) is fantastic.

Chakram from Disc Lord in Catacombs one of the best weapons in the game.

We’re bane from Hunting Girl (outside spike room of Chapel or in Colloseum) is nest if you still stumble on it but not worth grinding.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#3
@shadestreet posted...
Heaven Sword (rare drop from Cloaked Knight in Clock Tower) is fantastic.

Chakram from Disc Lord in Catacombs one of the best weapons in the game.

We’re bane from Hunting Girl (outside spike room of Chapel or in Colloseum) is nest if you still stumble on it but not worth grinding.

Go home, you’re drunk. Actually, I’m drunk too so come here and let’s party.

Though “we’re bane” can probably make a cool song title. Can sing about coming to hang out in the “nest.” F cribs. That’s outdated terminology.

Also, heaven sword is super overrated. Definitely not worth the effort getting in the first castle. First, because it’s not that good. Second, because it’s much easier to farm in the inverted castle.

I know you like it, and that’s cool. I just prefer the other throwing weapons.

User Info: codehunter87

codehunter87
3 months ago#4
Vandal Swords can drop Holy Sword and Muramasa. If you're not playing the Requiem port then it's possible to find a Holy Sword without farming enemies though, and Muramasa is *easier* to get in the reverse castle, but both are nice things.
GT Forte Baroque

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
3 months ago#5
@GoukiAkujiki posted...

Was already home and quite drunk when I typed that out. I blame the iphone autocorrect on the "we're". I blame the Christmas Ale on everything which followed :)

Don't be knocking my Heaven Sword! The poor mans Runesword!

User Info: the_quickness

the_quickness
3 months ago#6
I remember playing Luck Mode and getting a Damascus Sword to drop from a Corner Guard in the Royal Chapel. It was a nice bump in power for me at that point in the game, especially since most of my stats were low.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if you don't take it out and use it, it's going to rust. - best line from Highlander 2

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#7
the_quickness posted...
I remember playing Luck Mode and getting a Damascus Sword to drop from a Corner Guard in the Royal Chapel. It was a nice bump in power for me at that point in the game, especially since most of my stats were low.

Yeah due to the ATK formula certain weapons can be better than stronger ones depending on when you acquire them.

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#8
@shadestreet posted...
@GoukiAkujiki posted...

Was already home and quite drunk when I typed that out. I blame the iphone autocorrect on the "we're". I blame the Christmas Ale on everything which followed :)

Don't be knocking my Heaven Sword! The poor mans Runesword!

Broke ass man’s!

Rune Swords could be better if it wasn’t bugged when using two. You can’t throw the right hand one until the left hand one returns. So you can throw right then throw left anytime, but can’t throw right again until the left returns. It’s really strange.

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
3 months ago#9
Noticed that about the Runesword as well. I always set my left hand to be R1/RT for spam weapons and to make it easier holding a shield while attacking (even though it's usually Muramasa). It lets me easily throw a Runesword while using the Alucard Sword special at the same time.

The Runesword does have a little "special" where you can throw it farther (I think it's Back > Forward > Attack?), so that's something.

But compared to the Runesword, Heaven Sword beats it because of that special. Runesword does more per single throw, but the Heaven Sword special kills things much quicker, and even more broken that you can use the special in the air (which also cancels the casting animation so you're not stuck in place).

I used to think it was faster farming it in the Inverted Gear Room, but that Cloaked Knight in the normal castle respawns without you having to leave the room. You just gotta walk left/right so its spawn spot is off screen, and walk back. I kill more Cloaked Knights per minute that way, and there's no Medusa Heads s****ing in my Coco Puffs while I do it.
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#10
There’s no BF/QCF specials for Rune Swords, Heaven Swords, or Chakrams.

The Heaven Sword special leaves you unable to attack forever. And it’s normal attacks are slow and don’t have the superior attack area of the RS.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  3. Rare drops in the first castle
  • Topic Archived