• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Blast Corps
  3. I just got all of the Platinum Medals!

User Info: TheDigitalWatch

TheDigitalWatch
2 years ago#1
I decided to replay this game recently. I don't know if this is just because I played it so much as a kid, but it seemed way easier this time around. Using Backlash wasn't nearly as hard as I remember. I ended up blasting through all of the main missions with Gold Medals the first day/night I started it.

After that I mopped up the last few bonus/space missions, and played it on and off for a couple weeks, snagging at least a few Platinums a day. I remember only being able to get a handful when I was a kid. Some of them seemed downright impossible. However this time around, I don't think there was a single medal that took me more than a couple hours of trying to achieve. Most of them I got pretty quickly.

The last Platinum I got was Gibons Gate.
The hardest one was definitely Venus.
There were 4-5 medals that I got within 0.1 seconds of and had to keep retrying to get.
I think 3 medals I got right on the nose.

Dark Heartland and Magma Peak actually didn't give me very much trouble. I saved them for last, but got them far quicker than I expected.

I'll admit, watching speedruns did give me some extremely valuable tips and routing, especially for levels like Corvine Bluff that would be ridiculously difficult without the out-of-bounds trick (which is surprisingly easy to pull off), and tips like using carrier view on the Thunderfist and Cyclone Suit levels to reduce lag. These resources didn't exist when the game came out. I did have a players guide which explained how to get the Platinum's on every level in detail, however as a kid it was hard to grasp. Watching a video just makes more sense.

It really sucks they never made a sequel to this, as it really is unique and a classic. There was that spiritual successor, Crash Co., on steam greenlight, but no updates have been posted for nearly 2 years. Was it ever finished or is it still being worked on?
Girls are like Internet Domain Names, all the good ones are already taken.
But you can usually get a decent one from a strange country.
  1. Boards
  2. Blast Corps
  3. I just got all of the Platinum Medals!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A