• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Blast Corps
  3. Getting Platinum medals?

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
6 years ago#1
Ok, I've recently beat the game and got the possibility to unlock platinum medals (I've got 13 so far), and a few questions has come up in my head.

1. Am I a stupid fool if I attempt to get the Platinum medals?

2. What are some of the most difficult levels to get the medals on? The guide seems to list Magma Peak as one that'll drive you insane, but I got it on my 3'rd or 4'th attempt. Beginner's luck?

3. I've got the PAL version so my times are adjusted up a bit to counter for the 50/60Hz thing. Does that make it easier/harder in any way (time, not the Z-glich), or is it adjusted in a 1:1 ratio?

4. Does anyone know of any good YouTube videos to watch? Most I find are people (or TAS) who REALLY try to push the limits and shave time, I just want something for me to clear platinum medals.

5. Is the Backlash really as uncontrollable as it feels, or is it some trick to it?

6. The mechas you use on the ground... How come they sometimes doesn't start their attacks when I press A? I know they won't do it if they're too close to a building, but sometimes I can press it on flat ground and it still doesn't start. What's the trick here? I could make it through the game and get golds without mastering this, but for platinum I need to get everything right.
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

User Info: shadow griffin

shadow griffin
6 years ago#2
Backlash always felt like a pain; glory crossing was my last plat, and getting diamond sands felt like a real accomplishment at the time.

Only other stage I can remember as annoying was orion plaza (my plat time was exactly 30.0). Moon and neptune too, now that I think about it.
( ._.)

FishOfPain
6 years ago#3
shadow griffin posted...
Backlash always felt like a pain; glory crossing was my last plat, and getting diamond sands felt like a real accomplishment at the time.

Only other stage I can remember as annoying was orion plaza (my plat time was exactly 30.0). Moon and neptune too, now that I think about it.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the Backlash levels. The only gold medal that got me some problems was strangely enough Argent Towers (I think, or was it the similar one) so I'm NOT looking forward to it. BTW, do you have enough time to use Thunderfist in Shuttle Clear, or are you forced to use Backlash in the beginning and then pick up the mecha?
"You're a jerk, Dent"

FishOfPain
6 years ago#4
I'm back with an update! I've got 26 plats so far, and it's rolling along nicely.

What's funny is that just as I mentioned in my first post - that Magma Peak was one of my easier ones, I didn't encounter nearly as much trouble on the ones you mentioned either. Diamond Sands had me retrying a few times, but as soon as I got the fish tailing (and the plant trick) in motion, it had me finishing several seconds early. As for Orion Plaza... one try was all it took. Though I think I lucked out ROYALLY on that one; got three TNTs with me on my way down the table, and somehow I split them up in the right order (so they didn't explode while I was away with the other one) and put them to nearby cues without having to go back to get extra.

I'm trying to get the Backlash medals out of the way, and so far so good, I think it's only Outland Farm left. Though I've got some serious trouble with some of the mechas - I've kinda learnt Thunderfist so I completed Shuttle Clear and the training level earlier today. But how I'm supposed to clear the level that looks like Angel City but with the other mecha I'm still not clear on...
"You're a jerk, Dent"

FishOfPain
6 years ago#5
I'm up to 35 now!

Anyone got any tips for Dark Heartland platinum? "Go fast, hit everything" is difficult, so anyone got any shortcuts? :P
"You're a jerk, Dent"

FishOfPain
6 years ago#6
FishOfPain posted...
Anyone got any tips for Dark Heartland platinum? "Go fast, hit everything" is difficult, so anyone got any shortcuts? :P

It worked now! I found a YouTube video where the guy used a little bump to destroy the first building, which made it MUCH easier to have enough ammo left for the rest. Still, the camera made it a bit tougher than it needed to be.
"You're a jerk, Dent"
I love this game so much. Good luck! :D
-_-...-_-
...-_-...

FishOfPain
6 years ago#8
Thanks MD! I've only got 9 plats left, and I think I've got most of the harder levels out of the way. Took a really long time for me yesterday to get Outland Farm; if it wasn't one thing getting messed up it was another one; and I really hated this and the other Backlash level which starts you off far from where you want to be, it's 20 seconds that you really can't do much different that's just wasted.

Anyone got any tips for Silver Junction? I still have some problems with my Thunderfist not always wanting to roll when I press the buttons.
"You're a jerk, Dent"

FishOfPain
6 years ago#9
Got Silver Junction today, along with a couple of others. I think it's only 7 or 8 left.
"You're a jerk, Dent"

FishOfPain
6 years ago#10
Ok, this doesn't really belong in the Platinum medals topic, but I don't want to fill up the other one so quickly. Or wait, it doesn't really belong there either. But I didn't want to start a new topic here either, that'd be pretty crazy on such a small board.

Anyways, I haven't played this for a couple of days (spent more time with the GC Resident Evil and XCOM for PS3 now... seems like I've entered a "tough game" period), but I just now finished my review for it, which I'll wait to send in 'till I've finished the game though. Anyways, after I was done, I just wanted to check what others critizised the game for, so I checked both of the reviews that gave it an exceptionally low score (4 and 2). What's interesting is that both of these lists being annoyed by "try something else" as something negative. I find that a bit amusing, because if you get that message often, you're surely playing the game the wrong way.
"You're a jerk, Dent"
  1. Boards
  2. Blast Corps
  3. Getting Platinum medals?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A