• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Banjo-Tooie
  3. Just bought an N64 and this game..

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
4 years ago#1
..And feeling proud of myself.

I haven't owned either in over a decade. I've regretted trading in my old N64 for almost as long. This one will have to be pried from my cold dead fingertips before I'll give it up again. No, scratch that. I'm going to be buried with it.

The music is triggering my nostalgia harder than anything since I replayed OoT on 3ds last year. I'm 27 years old and humming along to every song like a fool.

INKUM BOKUM INKUM BOKUM INKUM BOKUM
PSN- Darcness | Youtube- Darcnesstrophies
Bodyspace- Slajifras | 120 Platinum Trophies

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
4 years ago#2
SlajifrasH045 posted...
This one will have to be pried from my cold dead fingertips before I'll give it up again. No, scratch that. I'm going to be buried with it.

Lol, you sound like me, I've got my burial/death wishes already planned out, I will have a tomb, and EVERY single video game console and game I've ever owned will be buried in crypts along with the one I will be placed in! THEN it will be sealed off, forever cementing me to eternity! (I just hope that wherever I go - afterlife, purgatory, heaven, hell or what ever - that there will be others to enjoy playing video games with)

Eh, I may not go for that hardcore of "what I want done with my belongings" sort of thing haha, but that'd still be just so awesome to think if it actually did happen :p
But yeah, the N64 is just so awesome! I FINALLY got Conker's Bad Fur Day this week, after all these years of never having played it and always wanting to (I think I was 11 or so when it came out, and "M" rated games back then were a pretty firm "NO" in my house, at least for the most part..... I still snuck playing Doom, Doom 2 and Duke Nukem 3D lol..... then when I was 17 or 18, it became waiting for a good deal to buy even just a lone cart, so I finally had enough of waiting and got one), and damn that game is SO FUN and funny!

But I think Majora's Mask and Banjo-Kazooie (as well as Tooie) will always be favorites of all time for the N64. Such good stories and gameplay! Conker will always be legendary though :D

I am considering getting my console modded for UltraHD though..... not sure if I should find someone who can do that (or somehow get the kit to do it myself, since I'd rather do it myself), or just get a framemeister. I've got the console's composite cable plugged directly into my HDTV (it only supports as high as 1080p, so not as massive as 4k), and it actually does not look or play bad..... I just wonder if the difference is worth it with the other two options.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
4 years ago#3
Conker's bad fur day is #1 on my to-buy list now since I never got to play it for the same reasons as you listed. Too bad it's $100+ now. I find that kind of hard to justify, although I'll probably do it anyway since it's the only good n64 game I never played and the only expensive one that I want. I'm jealous :P

Banjo tooie, Rayman, and OoT were my top 3. Although banjo kazooie, dk64, and MM come close.

I don't have an expansion pak so I'm thinking ill just replay majora's mask on 3ds.
PSN- Darcness | Youtube- Darcnesstrophies
Bodyspace- Slajifras | 120 Platinum Trophies

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 years ago#4
SlajifrasH045 posted...
I don't have an expansion pak so I'm thinking ill just replay majora's mask on 3ds.

Dang thing cost me $27.99 plus tax back in the day. Totally worth it for MM.
Enjoy tooie, it's one of my top n64 games of all time.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG ultimate hax breeder/DEGI
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
3 years ago#5
gamemaster712 posted...
SlajifrasH045 posted...

Dang thing cost me $27.99 plus tax back in the day. Totally worth it for MM.
Enjoy tooie, it's one of my top n64 games of all time.

Eh, I had it for a while on Xbox 360, and bought it again on Xbox one when I got Rare Replay (fantastic collection, by the way, if you got a One.)

But still, I decided about a week ago to get it on N64. I can live with the massive lag (when compared to the remaster on XBone/360) but if only I could make N64 graphics not look like s*** on a HDTV...
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Official Linebeck of the Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild boards!
  1. Boards
  2. Banjo-Tooie
  3. Just bought an N64 and this game..
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A