• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Banjo-Tooie
  3. playing this for the first time

User Info: Z-Dogg64

Z-Dogg64
4 years ago#11
gamemaster712 posted...
Tooie does things in some interesting and pretty funny/quirky ways.
Alien ship no fuel? Ice eggs.
Allen baby too cold? Time for kazooie to warm by sitting on their head and hatch....
Plus many more.

The first time I played it, the only problem that took me a while to figure out is that I needed to use chuffy to get into the industry.

That one drive me cuckoo for a bit.
Figured it out by pure accident.

I always thought that sitting on the alien baby to warm it up was pretty cryptic and you wouldn't think of that right off the bat.

However, I thought using chuffy to get into Grunty Industries was fairly obvious. You can't really do anything in GI at first but hit the train switch(and get the treble clef and break open a few windows I guess)so I thought it wasn't too hard to figure out. But many people had trouble with it, it seems.
One of the best let's players I have ever watched:
https://youtube.com/user/darkmindedsith

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 years ago#12
It just didn't click back then.
Then one time got on train....
Oooh!!! New location!!!
FYI I didn't know about the battery thing either till real late. That was pretty ingenious.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG hax breeder/DEGI
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
4 years ago#13
Boy this sucker lasts....
Dragon kazooie best thing ever...
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG hax breeder/DEGI

User Info: Average-Joe_15

Average-Joe_15
4 years ago#14
Always found the original to be on the simple side... too simple for me to admire and enjoy over the sequel~

Banjo-Tooie seems to sit in a perfect middle ground between Kazooie and DK 64 in terms of 3D platforming game world complexity.

gamemaster712
4 years ago#15
I really enjoyed how expansive it was.
Not to mention so many times I didn't even know about certain bosses.

gamemaster712
4 years ago#16
This has not died....
Wow....
Swap and stop?

User Info: Paper_Mario_4

Paper_Mario_4
4 years ago#17
I recently played Banjo Tooie as well.

I played Banjo Kazooie way back in like 2000 when I decided to go to Toys R Us and buy it with my pops. Went home and played it, was too young to get into it so I waited about a year or so. Got to the first level and found that it was a great game. Got to Rust Bucket Bay and never beat it until much later in like 2011 when I bought the version for the Xbox 360.

Now here I am in 2016 playing Banjo Tooie on a friend's N64. Seems to hold promise but I can tell already that thiss game lacks the charm Banjo-Kazooie ooze at every moment. I also HATE the music for the first world where Mumbo is heard saying "E-cum-bo-cum" all throughout the song. Words cannot describe how cringe infested that horrid song is. Sorry, I just hate it and can't wait until I advance past that level.

Also, Banjo sounds even dumber than before! Lol
Paper Mario (N64) is a masterpiece.

User Info: bd0g5

bd0g5
4 years ago#18
bump

Gotta still beat this
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo

gamemaster712
4 years ago#19
The fine tuning of sequel was always amazing to me....
Some of those ideas implemented...
Just very cool me thinks.

gamemaster712
4 years ago#20
Old boards really do last.
  1. Boards
  2. Banjo-Tooie
  3. playing this for the first time
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A