• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Nostromo

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
9 months ago#31
Nakrophile posted...

Yeah it's not great. Maybe I'm just not as good at Tekken as I used to be

Aye, I know that feeling. I remember replaying Jak II, getting wiped by some of the combat sections and going from "I used to be able to do this!" to "Maybe that was just a dream..."

Nakrophile posted...
also there are loads of new tag mechanics that can wipe out most of your health without your being able to defend against them.

Uh, what? That sounds like a load of bull****. Who gave that mechanic the greenlight? >= (

Nakrophile posted...
In addition, the game has turned into Dead or Alive in regards to every female character. There are even sexy character cards in the vs. screen, and bouncing physics.

I mean, they were always pretty sexy, but I guess as the saying goes, When in Rome, if you can't beat 'em... give them bouncing boobs.

Nakrophile posted...
Black was great, one of the best FPSs I ever played... this is terrible. Quite fun... but terrible.

XD

Well, good to know you still get enjoyment out of it. I have my fair share of guilty pleasures.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
9 months ago#32
Ha, this game is truly awful. I got the trophy for geting to some pointless Tekken lord rank which took me 350-odd wins against a cheating AI. Now I have to get a load of points for some other pointless thing that's of no benefit to the actual game. Obviously, I will do it and get a platinum trophy for a game I basically hate. Then I think I will only ever play Tekken 3 again.

Oh, and yes you get can killed in one Tag juggle. How quaint.

Indeed. I always liked playing as Anna (she was my third main beyond Law and Yoshi), as she had similar moves to Law plus some decent combos and throws. In this game her bust size appears to have trebbled and you can put her in a swimsuit.

Yep, fun times with Body Count. But guess what I must now decide if I want to do after beating the game? That's right, online trophies in a dead game. Can I be bothered finding a boosting partner?!?!

I also had a terrible goddamn day at work.

On the plus side, I'm off to Belgium to see my cousin tomorrow.
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: banana360

banana360
9 months ago#33
Yeah, Claire and Leon interact like... 5 times in total during the course of the whole game? 2 of which are essentially at the very end.

Sad the hear TTT2 is bad. Tag 1 was really good! Not as good as T5 or 3 but good, nonetheless.
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

Raycon
8 months ago#34
Nakrophile posted...
Ha, this game is truly awful. I got the trophy for geting to some pointless Tekken lord rank which took me 350-odd wins against a cheating AI. Now I have to get a load of points for some other pointless thing that's of no benefit to the actual game. Obviously, I will do it and get a platinum trophy for a game I basically hate. Then I think I will only ever play Tekken 3 again.

Well, if nothing else, I admire your persistence. I guess I've dabbled in my fair share of self-induced masochism, but I don't think I could go back to the trophies now. It was so costly on the PS3, that I think overall I'm happier pretending it doesn't exist on the PS4. <_<

Nakrophile posted...

Indeed. I always liked playing as Anna (she was my third main beyond Law and Yoshi), as she had similar moves to Law plus some decent combos and throws. In this game her bust size appears to have trebbled and you can put her in a swimsuit.

Wasn't Anna Nina's rival? My memories are hazy, but I remember her being dressed up pretty nice back in Tekken 2 ( a blue dress, I think? ). But a swimsuit... um, that's new. XD

Nakrophile posted...
That's right, online trophies in a dead game. Can I be bothered finding a boosting partner?!?!

Basically why I used to rail against online trophies. But by the time it happens, so few people are playing the game that I guess the developers/publishers just don't have any reason to care. = (

Nakrophile posted...
On the plus side, I'm off to Belgium to see my cousin tomorrow.

Ooooh, nice! I never get to go any place exotic like that. I've been to a few different states, and I guess I went to Mexico once, but that's not the kind of thing you brag about. <_<

banana360 posted...
Yeah, Claire and Leon interact like... 5 times in total during the course of the whole game? 2 of which are essentially at the very end.

That sounds about right. I remember always hoping I would run into them more back on the original, but I guess they didn't want too much overlap considering how separate the scenarios are supposed to be. Which I guess is kind of silly. They're both trapped in the police station for most of the game, and it's hard to get anywhere without crossing the main hall multiple times. You expect me to believe they didn't run into each other at all by accident? o_O
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
8 months ago#35
Tekken Tag 1 is probably my favourite Tekken other than 3 (I never played 5). Tag 2 is probably one of the worst games I've ever played, purely because it made me hate a series I've always loved with ridiculous tag mechanics and combos, walls which in combination with said tag combos can be used to kill someone basically in one hit, terrible grindy trophies (I have the plat now so will never touch it again, the last trophy has you getting uowards of two millions points in a very crappy training level, ie playing it over and over)... blah blah, it just dosn't feel fun. Has basically every character ever... but it's not much fun.

Trophies are awful especially if you force yourself to get them in games you don't like. I shouold say I don't typically do that but as it's Tekken kept giving it the benefit of the doubt and after a while had few enough left that I didn't feel like leaving it not complete. But they're great for games you love. There were bits in the metal gears that made me hate Kojima more than TPP, but platting them all was a great experience.

Speaking of games I love, I should really make a start on Dead Space 3. It has been a while.

Raycon
8 months ago#36
Hopefully they learn after Tekken Tag 2 where they went wrong before making another one. Especially after how successful Tekken Tag 1 seems to be. Or maybe they'll just stick to regular Tekken. >_______>

Nakrophile posted...
I have the plat now

Congrats! I know how satisfying that must be, not necessarily because it was fun (it obviously wasn't), but in a "well, at least I don't have to do that again" kind of way. *looks at Darksiders absurd 1,000 miles on horseback trophy*

Nakrophile posted...
Trophies are awful especially if you force yourself to get them in games you don't like. I shouold say I don't typically do

Yeah, you say that, but that's not what I see happening here. = P

But I've done it. Even for games I know I wouldn't be able to platinum. The Riddick remaster on the PS3, for example, has online trophies that will forever prevent me from ever having a platinum, but I still bothered to get everything else. Just cause I could, I guess. = /

Nakrophile posted...
There were bits in the metal gears that made me hate Kojima more than TPP, but platting them all was a great experience.

I thought the MGS4 trophies were pretty good. = (

I don't know about the HD collection. I bet those were pretty awful. Just getting past all the VR missions was enough to make me throw in the towel. Those grenade missions are hard!

Nakrophile
8 months ago#37
I'm probably too harsh on Tag 2 but it just really dissappointed me. I'll get Tekken 7 or whatever the latest one is by the time I actually get a new console, but not beore doing many other things first.

MGS4 wasn't too bad, I suppose technically it was as it requires about seven playthroughs but as I love it that was no problem. It was only the bike chase on boss extreme that had me cursing Kojima. No, the only truly dispicable trophies were the VRs on MGS2, another extreme playthrough of MGS2 and certain VRs and revengeance bosses in Rising. If they're ever released on PS4 I'd definitely do them again though.

Yeah I have afew unobtainables, chiefly Wipeout HD. I wish I'd gotten back into it before the servers went down. There's also an unobtainable trophy on Black Ops 2 which always annoys me until I remember I'd need to play zombies again to plat that. So I guess unobtainable trophies are a blessing sometimes.

Raycon
8 months ago#38
Nakrophile posted...
It was only the bike chase on boss extreme that had me cursing Kojima.

I don't think I would have been able to pull it off without the Sunlight gun. A fresh Big Boss playthrough would have destroyed me. = (

Nakrophile posted...
No, the only truly dispicable trophies were the VRs on MGS2, another extreme playthrough of MGS2 and certain VRs and revengeance bosses in Rising.

I hear you on the MGS2 VR missions, but were the boss trophies that bad in Revengeance? I remember getting the platinum in that one, I think, but if you're referring to DLC bosses, yeah, I didn't get any of those. >____>

Nakrophile posted...

Yeah I have afew unobtainables, chiefly Wipeout HD. I wish I'd gotten back into it before the servers went down. There's also an unobtainable trophy on Black Ops 2 which always annoys me until I remember I'd need to play zombies again to plat that. So I guess unobtainable trophies are a blessing sometimes.

I've heard so many lamentations about the difficulty of Wipeout HD. I have respect for you getting as far as you did (there's no way I'd get anywhere near it). But yeah, maybe servers going down isn't the worst thing in the world after all...

Nakrophile
8 months ago#39
I did the bike chase without it the first time as I had forgotten about it. Did it after numerous attempts only to realise I'd killed a goddamn frog in one particularly panic-stricken part. After cursing for some time and reloading, I went hangonaminute and was able to do it quite easily.

I Revengance wasn't that bad other than that one part on the turret. That was infuriating. Not as infuriating as Senator Armstrong in Sam's dlc though. Good god.

I eventually got back into my long lost Wipeout mode, but it wasn't pretty. Phantom class is a real b****.

I started playing Final Fantasy XIII-3 again as I felt it was time I found out what happens to Lightning and her friends. I think I've gotten the hang of it now, the time limit is still a pain in the arse but is managable. I suspect there's probably even time to fully explore everything, so I'll do that in ng+. But I wasted too much time in my first playthrough being bewildered and angry. Still, actually enjoying it now, so that's nice.

Raycon
8 months ago#40
Nakrophile posted...
I did the bike chase without it the first time as I had forgotten about it. Did it after numerous attempts only to realise I'd killed a goddamn frog in one particularly panic-stricken part. After cursing for some time and reloading, I went hangonaminute and was able to do it quite easily.

Oh god, yes, nothing is so frustrating as finding out you somehow nicked one enemy without realizing it and sent them to their maker. Thank goodness for the checkpoints, or else I wouldn't find out until hours later. = O

Nakrophile posted...

I Revengance wasn't that bad other than that one part on the turret. That was infuriating. Not as infuriating as Senator Armstrong in Sam's dlc though. Good god.

What is it with games and these turret sequences? It wasn't well-received with Dead Space, and I don't think it's ever been something someone legitimately looks forward to. >= (

Yet they keep cropping up...

Nakrophile posted...

I started playing Final Fantasy XIII-3 again as I felt it was time I found out what happens to Lightning and her friends. I think I've gotten the hang of it now, the time limit is still a pain in the arse but is managable. I suspect there's probably even time to fully explore everything, so I'll do that in ng+. But I wasted too much time in my first playthrough being bewildered and angry. Still, actually enjoying it now, so that's nice.

I know that feeling. Got shut out of Parasite Eve's Ex game by the 70th floor boss, and got discouraged from trying again for years. Finally went back, beefed up my stats, and annihilated everything. Was very satisfying. So I know what it's like to feel left hanging by a game that frustrates the hell out of you. Glad to see it's got more of a flow this time around. You didn't sound too thrilled by it the first time around. >_>

Got and finished Kingdom Hearts 3 at some point. It was okay. The story was somewhat of a let-down, but they close most of the important points (except for one glaring one...!). The combat is pretty great, and basically a combination of all the combat systems in past games. Word to the wise, though. You can't view the secret movie or epilogue without being connected to the Internet. I suspect I am the only person on the planet affected by this.

/rage
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Nostromo
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers