• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Nostromo

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
2 months ago#151
A good dark souls anger post, there. I lost near 900 thousand souls. Strangely, I'm okay with that.

Anyway, I realised literally immmediately after killing Gwyn that I had forgotten to do a few things. Buy the remaining boss armour from that Welsh guy, upgrade some more of my weapons and join the dragon covenant. Oops. Back in blighttown then and no more invasions this time (I was being invaded yesterday, I've never invaded myself other than the forest stuff). Instead of ringing the second bell I ended up back in ash lake. So question, are all those trees meant to be different worlds? Is the whole of lorrdran up the tree you come down and every other tree is a different world, or maybe they are meant to be different realities, as in different player's worlds. I find it oddly peaceful staring out from the shore.

Also, is the sand actually ashes? I'm assuming it's some sort of dragon graveyard with the skull. Maybe it's where all the dragon's the opening was talking about went to when they died?

I'll stay online and if I'm invaded again will atempt to not get so angry. Of course, it will help if I don't turn human wiht several thousand souls in my possession...

I did just ignore that one guy, I think my time in the forest made me forget that not everyone wants to mess around.

I'm trying out some different weapons this time around. Mainly big swords.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
2 months ago#152
Nakrophile posted...
A good dark souls anger post, there. I lost near 900 thousand souls. Strangely, I'm okay with that.

I mean, you obviously weren't using them. >_>

Nakrophile posted...
So question, are all those trees meant to be different worlds? Is the whole of lorrdran up the tree you come down and every other tree is a different world, or maybe they are meant to be different realities, as in different player's worlds. I find it oddly peaceful staring out from the shore.

I honestly don't know. Based on what little I understand of Dark Soul 2, I suppose the world extends well beyond Lordran (for which the other trees would be playing a supporting role *winkwink*), but I don't know if it's one world per tree, exactly. Instead of a mantle layer like our planet, I guess theirs just has a giant vacuous space filled with enormous trees holding everything up? Lordran, while pretty full of variety, is pretty condensed as a whole, so I suppose it's very possible that archtree is entirely responsible for it. In any event, that place is mystifying, my favorite spot in the whole game. It really adds to the sheer size of the world and how little of it you actually get to explore.

But no, I don't know if it's actually ash. It could be. Or maybe it's just called that cause that's where most of the dragon's used to hang out. >_>

Nakrophile posted...
I did just ignore that one guy, I think my time in the forest made me forget that not everyone wants to mess around.

Oh yeah, I didn't take that into account. I've only ever heard stories of invaders being bloodthirsty *****es, and didn't think about the completely different mindset that was the forest coven. Well, something to keep in mind in the future, I guess? *shrug*

Nakrophile posted...
I'm trying out some different weapons this time around. Mainly big swords.

That's a big part of what makes Dark Souls fun, experimenting with different weapons. Have you given the Great Scythe a go? That one was always one of my favorites, as was the Iaito (the uchigatana with a slightly different moveset). I don't remember what I did with the others though. Someone on here swears by the clubs, and they're no doubt famous for their sheer power.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
2 months ago#153
Ah, I was going for enough for two levels and kind of forgot I had them. Oh well.

I don't think I'll play dark souls 2 for a while. I'll finish DS1 again in another few weeks and probably do something else for a bit. I bought Driver on the store so will be fun to play that again.I also bought Vib-Ribbonm which I haven't played in probably twenty years but it's still one of the best things in the world. Ever play that?

Maybe not all different worlds. There are a couple of broken trees near the one you come down from so I assume they would also go back to Lordran, possibly to somewhere else or maybe the entrance has been blocked.

I'll be back in the woods soon, I don't doubt.

I've been using the black knight sword and a fire uchigatana. May try the other katanas, plus I should try a falchion as I liked those in Demon's Souls. It's just the safety of the spear and shield spoiled me.

Also, let me point out that I forgot I didn't have the lordvessel when I went to Ash Lake, so had to walk back up the goddamn tree...

Raycon
2 months ago#154
Nakrophile posted...
Ah, I was going for enough for two levels and kind of forgot I had them. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I do that some times. It's fun to be able to upgrade multiple stats at a time that way. But super risky (obviously >_>)

Nakrophile posted...
I also bought Vib-Ribbonm which I haven't played in probably twenty years but it's still one of the best things in the world. Ever play that?

No, I haven't. I did a quick Google search, and I caught a glimpse of what I think was the introduction, but oh my god, that looks so complicated. XD

I was excited when the shapes were simple, but they look like they get really hairy. D =

Nakrophile posted...
plus I should try a falchion as I liked those in Demon's Souls

I really liked the Falchion in Demon's Souls. I was pretty unimpressed with it in Dark Souls. Maybe you're experience will be better. = /

I do miss the Moon Halberd from Demon's Souls though. I only found out after I had been using it a while that it was supremely over-powered. Mostly cause it had this impossible to dodge tracking that made it real easy to PvE with, apparently. <___<

I eventually learned to appreciate other weapons. ^_^

Nakrophile posted...
Also, let me point out that I forgot I didn't have the lordvessel when I went to Ash Lake, so had to walk back up the goddamn tree...

Oh ****, that's right, you need that thing to teleport, don't you.... I erm, completely forgot about that. It's definitely more fun going down the tree than back up. Especially if all the enemies have respawned. D =
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
2 months ago#155
Yup. At roughly 550,000 a pop, losing anything is becoming annoying.

Vib-Ribbon isn't that hard, to start off with anyway. There are only about six levels but it had this feature where you could take the disc out and put any cd in instead, it would create a custom level based on the music. I recall getting some pretty rough ones... not sure if that will still work on PS3, but I will try. It's great though, typical Japanese insanity.

I remember you could find a crescent falchion in 4-1 which was pretty good. I will have to +15 one and see what's what.

Yes, not the best thing to be doing. Still, I made it. Was just having some solid fun with O+S. I didn't find them too bad the first two times, ng++ was not so good though. Still, my buddy Solaire helped out and now I'm back with that amazing chest. My plan now is go and see Frampt, feed him all my duplicate weapons (or at least most of them, you never know...), place the lordvessel and go to Duke's and kill that golemn. Then do the dlc and see if I can avoid getting distracted in the forest long enough to kill Sif again and make the last boss weapon.

Edit: just accidentally killed Gwynevere
Edit 2: hastily turned off PS3, she is okay.
(edited 2 months ago)

Raycon
2 months ago#156
Nakrophile posted...
but it had this feature where you could take the disc out and put any cd in instead, it would create a custom level based on the music

Ha! That's awesome! It gives the game infinite replay value! Well, until you run out of CDs, I guess. >_>

Nakrophile posted...
My plan now is go and see Frampt, feed him all my duplicate weapons (or at least most of them, you never know...)

If you haven't already, you can look up the guide on what he gives you for certain things (to see what's worth it and what's probably better off in your inventory).

Nakrophile posted...
Then do the dlc and see if I can avoid getting distracted in the forest long enough to kill Sif again and make the last boss weapon.

Ooooh, I already forgot about that. XD
I wish you luck on making it through this time.

Nakrophile posted...

Edit: just accidentally killed Gwynevere
Edit 2: hastily turned off PS3, she is okay.

XD

How do you accidentally kill Gwynevere?

Nakrophile
2 months ago#157
Black metal does not create the easiest levels. Well, actually not many other things did either. Still great though.

Yup, I did that after I accidentally fed him all those Gwyn souls the first time. Ha.

Well, I had this bow you see, and I was zooming in, and then something happened.

Raycon
2 months ago#158
Nakrophile posted...
Black metal does not create the easiest levels. Well, actually not many other things did either. Still great though.

XD

Nakrophile posted...
Well, I had this bow you see, and I was zooming in, and then something happened.

Trying get a super-detailed view of her unibrow, were ya? Why on earth did they make it so hard to see!

Nakrophile
2 months ago#159
It was research...

Also, I have Sif's soul now so could go and make that last weapon... but for some reason I'm back in ghosttown preparing to fight the four nobs again.

Raycon
2 months ago#160
Nakrophile posted...

Also, I have Sif's soul now

But wait! Did you get the special cutscene before the fight?

Nakrophile posted...
but for some reason I'm back in ghosttown preparing to fight the four nobs again.

Oooooooooooooh. Well, they can't be that much harder than last time, right? >_>
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Nostromo
  • Post New Message