• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Nostromo

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
2 months ago#141
Nakrophile posted...
and was killed by the palace ninjas in anor londo

The Painting guardians? Or is this something else? I can't seem to think of any other ninjas in Anor Londo off the top of my head. Don't tell me it was an invading player = O

But hey, at least you have the option of frolicking around the Forest for about 10 minutes to get about the same amount back, right? >_>

/totallynotjealous

Nakrophile posted...
I might just do a full playthrough of meta gear (minus TPP).

I was tempted to play through Metal Gear Solid 2, recently, myself. There's just something about the Plant section I find so... calming. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and side. And from far away, I can her Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out of My Head" for some reason. = S

Nakrophile posted...
I know it's the priest you meet right at the beginning of firelink who kills her, althouhg by some luck in my first playthrough I accidentally hit him and ended up killing him without knowing he would have killed her.

Depending on the order of events, you have the option of getting different rewards, but I remember it being really weird and I can't remember it all off the top of my head. Maybe it was just an extra Talisman, which would be silly at this point, probably.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
2 months ago#142
Yup, painting guardians. Ooops. Anyway, I finished mw3 again so back on dark souls, also back in darkroot. I have enough to level up a couple of times, but am just running around with nothing but a sunlight maggot on and that ring that lets you flip around. I hope they appreciate the free souls, although I don't think all of them need it.

I'll get back to mg soon enough. I think my favourite bit is the harrier fight, not only for the "no, that is NOT solid snake," but also to do it without getting hit. Good times.

I read up on it, apprarently if she survives she goes to the duke's archives, which she never did for me last time, so I either killed the otger dude too soon or didn't buy all her stuff. Oh well, ng++ I guess.

So I have Seath, Gwyndoline, Artorias, Kalameet, Manus and Gwyn left. I am also tempted to try and reach max level, but I think doing that might not be clever.

Raycon
2 months ago#143
Nakrophile posted...
I have enough to level up a couple of times, but am just running around with nothing but a sunlight maggot on and that ring that lets you flip around.

Last post: "I had enough souls for a level up and lost them! Damn it all!"

This post: "I have enough souls to level up a couple of times, but it's whatever."

XD

Also good to see you got the Sunlight Maggot. If I remember right, I think you can only get that from Solaire's darker ending? Which was really hard to do originally, cause his sidequest was bugged, and he would never leave the bridge on NG+, so you had to get it the first time, or not at all. D =

Nakrophile posted...

I'll get back to mg soon enough. I think my favourite bit is the harrier fight, not only for the "no, that is NOT solid snake," but also to do it without getting hit. Good times.

God, I remember that fight on Extreme. So damn brutal. It feels amazing when you finally pull it off, but you have to have every move memorized. And there's this one attack that I still can't dodge reliably. Not sure if it's the machine gun bit, the random close-range missiles that always get me (I know the close-range knee missiles always get me on the Ray fight).

Nakrophile posted...

I read up on it, apprarently if she survives she goes to the duke's archives, which she never did for me last time, so I either killed the otger dude too soon or didn't buy all her stuff. Oh well, ng++ I guess.

Maybe that's what it was. It sounds familiar. I don't think I ever got her to go either. Maybe I did the Duke's Archives too early? I'm not sure. = /

Nakrophile posted...

So I have Seath, Gwyndoline, Artorias, Kalameet, Manus and Gwyn left. I am also tempted to try and reach max level, but I think doing that might not be clever.

Well, Artorias, Manus, and Gwyn ought to be fun, at least. And by max level, do you mean 99 in every stat? Cause I've never been able to do that. And won't that effect you're matchmaking for invaders? Or has that changed? Would totally solve all your souls problems, though. It's not like you can lose levels like in Demon's Souls. >_>
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
2 months ago#144
Yeah, in my frustration I forgot about the fact losing souls is arguably meaningless for me. I have two and a half million at the moment. How ridiculous.

I ended up saving Solaire the first time as I read a bit too much. Sadly, I killed him a few days ago in ng+. Never again, my friend.

Yes, if you're not in the right position for the machine gun part (on the bottom level with that pillar) it's very difficult to not get hit. Still, easy enough with practice. Now, doing Vamp legitamately on extreme was awful, and also fatman. The Rays are dispicable but at least it's only a question of playing perfectly, whereas I feel Vamp and Fatty have other factors which can easily mess you up.

I don't think I bought all her items, but now I'm not sure if going to Duke's early makes a difference. I'll look it up for next time.

Oh man, I forgot about False King stealing my levels, the bastard. And yeah, 99 across the board, but I doubt I'll do that, because it's insane. Haven't been invaded much at all, but then I didn't spend much time in human form in ng and in ng+ have been relatively high level. I assume darkroot ignores levels as I get quite a bit in there, then again they all seem to be experts so are perhaps the same level.

Raycon
2 months ago#145
Nakrophile posted...
Sadly, I killed him a few days ago in ng+.

Like... by accident? >_>

Nakrophile posted...
Now, doing Vamp legitamately on extreme was awful, and also fatman.

Wait. Is there a way to fight Vamp not legitimately? = O

I agree on the Rays, though. Once you nail down their attack patterns, it's all about staying in a routine. Even if you have to take down 22 of them, or so.

Nakrophile posted...
I don't think I bought all her items, but now I'm not sure if going to Duke's early makes a difference. I'll look it up for next time.

I'm pretty sure I did, but maybe I didn't buy them before going to the Duke's Archive's. I remember letting my character sit in the background for a few hours, coming back, repeat, and she was still just kneeling at that altar. >= /

Nakrophile posted...
I assume darkroot ignores levels as I get quite a bit in there, then again they all seem to be experts so are perhaps the same level.

That would be nice. Given the rules of the covenant, it kind of makes sense that level wouldn't matter as much as whether or not you're "trespassing." But as long as the community has been around, it wouldn't surprise me if they were all about your level, too. Especially with how much they drop. = O

Nakrophile
2 months ago#146
No, it was pre-meditated. I now live in shame.

I don't remember if there is a cheese way of doing Fatman (besides spamming his feet), but for Vamp you can lay in the right corner and fire nikita missles at him. If it's in first person mode he just walks around and you can kill him. Not sure if you can do the same for a tranq win, possibly it would work with the tranq sniper, but I'm not sure if you can get it at that point.

Well, I've just been running around the forest being a clown. I've discoovered that the channeller's trident lets you dance. 8 and a half million and counting...

Also, at one point I made a prism stone penis.
(edited 2 months ago)

Raycon
2 months ago#147
Nakrophile posted...
but for Vamp you can lay in the right corner and fire nikita missles at him. If it's in first person mode he just walks around and you can kill him.

Whaaaaaat? That's awesome! I doubt the sniper rifle is as effective (if it's even available at that point), but seeing as how he revives himself anyway... should a lethal victory even count for that fight? >_>

Nakrophile posted...

Well, I've just been running around the forest being a clown. I've discoovered that the channeller's trident lets you dance. 8 and a half million and counting...

Wait, wait, wait... Does the dance get you more souls? = O

Nakrophile posted...

Also, at one point I made a prism stone penis.

What the hell is going on in that forest!?

Nakrophile
2 months ago#148
You can also get him stuck in a knife attack animation by punching him repeatedly.

No, it's just funny. Yes the forest is ridiculous, I have 10 million souls. I can't decide whether to use them and finish the game or just keep pissing around in the forest. Just Kalemeet, Manus and Gwyn left now.

Nakrophile
2 months ago#149
It's remarkable that a game with such amazing online can also have the most terrible, near-game ruining online feature imaginable. I'm in ng++ now and was invaded in the depths, I don't want to deal with it and attempt waving etc, a****** just shots me with that rapid fire crossbow (which I got last playthrough after dying about fifty times on he stuud jump). Anyway I almost win and he runs away, good ridance hopefully he'll get cursed I say. Then like an idiot manged to die to the f***ing rats. Then he invades again as some bulls*** overpowered magic build and one shotted me before I could get my souls. Prick. I should point out I was only human as I want to kill Kirk (the loser in the spiked armour) every time this playthrough. So strike one there.

Later in blighttown, I'm in the swamp and somer other wanker invades. Once again no helllo, wave back or whatever so another dickhead. I thought f*** him so carried on (I'm still human from the depths), end up getting one shot backstabbed by what apeared to be a chaos zweihander. Back to the top of blighttown I go. Strike two.

Don't even need strike three, I'm out. f*** off Dark Souls developer who thought that mechanic up.

Also, because this massively inoffensive word is apparently offensive and f*** isn't - T W A T

What are your woeful invasion stories. I'm sure there are lots of them from this game... meet many helpful souls?

EDIT: f*** gets censored, do I have to self-censor tw*t?

EDIT 2: yes I do.
(edited 2 months ago)

Raycon
2 months ago#150
Nakrophile posted...
Just Kalemeet, Manus and Gwyn left now.

Kalameet is probably the only one to dread. Aside from his magic attacks, Manus is fairly predictable, I thought. Even Kalameet isn't so bad if you learn his patterns, and spacing. But always hard to tell exactly how far that flame reaches... Usually two backrolls does the trick for me, but you have to be fast. = S

Nakrophile posted...
. Then he invades again as some bulls*** overpowered magic build and one shotted me before I could get my souls.

Do you have control over who you're invading? I thought it was supposed to be random? Or maybe no one else was in the Depths at that point. = /

Nakrophile posted...
I should point out I was only human as I want to kill Kirk (the loser in the spiked armour) every time this playthrough.

Oh yeah.... that guy. I guess you could always start in Offline mode? They shouldn't be able to invade them, even if you're in human form?

Nakrophile posted...
I thought f*** him so carried on (I'm still human from the depths)

Wha- why would you ignore them? He's definitely not going to ignore you D = (the beauty of hindsight, I guess). I'm not even sure they can leave the fight unless one of you dies, but I suppose it would be cool if some of these guys would invade and... just chill out, or something. >_>

Nakrophile posted...

EDIT: f*** gets censored, do I have to self-censor tw*t?

EDIT 2: yes I do.

XD
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Nostromo
  • Post New Message