• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Auriga

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
3 years ago#21
On the plus side, when the Queen dies, we'll probably get a day off. Though probably just for that year.

User Info: banana360

banana360
3 years ago#22
Nakrophile posted...
On the plus side, when the Queen dies, we'll probably get a day off. Though probably just for that year.

You know I remember when the Queen mother died there was a big thing on TV. Cannot remember for the life of me if I got a day off school for it. :(
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

Nakrophile
3 years ago#23
banana360 posted...
Nakrophile posted...

You know I remember when the Queen mother died there was a big thing on TV. Cannot remember for the life of me if I got a day off school for it. :(

I would assume there was a national holiday for her funeral, I don't remember though, Will definitely happen for the Queen though.

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
3 years ago#24
Here I imagine they’d hold an enormously respectful ceremony to lay the groundwork for the rest. Our current PM (fresh from the coup) has about as obvious a position on this as anyone could. Well, Turnbull used to be head of the local "**** the monarchy" group, wrote a book called "Fighting for the Republic", and as good as told poor old Prince Charles we were waiting for the unhappy day to cut off his rightful rights forever.

Not exactly a model of political subtlety. Still, which sounds less natural? The Australian Republic, or a national holiday for King Charles' birthday? Hmm. They'll have to make something a national holiday, anyway.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
3 years ago#25
About the same boat as Dark_Avarice. Been pretty busy with work lately. Picked up Homeworld: Remastered though, and it brought me out of the woodwork. Hope to give that a run tomorrow.

It's amazing how different things are the places you guys are from. If say.... the president died... I don't think we'd get a day off. >= /
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
3 years ago#26
Raycon posted...
It's amazing how different things are the places you guys are from. If say.... the president died... I don't think we'd get a day off. >= /

That hasn't happened in a while though, right? BTW I'm counting "died" in terms of "shot by some dude."

Anyhow I remembered I had The Last of Us and so started playing it. It's pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of some of the combat. Not sure how far I am through it just fell of a bridge...

Also I bought FFXIII and XIII-2; didn't really mean to, I may get to them next year some time. And Revelations 2, but that is the same story.

Raycon
3 years ago#27
I have some interest in Revelations 2 ( I did enjoy the first one after all ), but haven't bothered to get around to it. Wasn't really a fan of The Last of Us. Probably cause I tried to play it like a pure-stealth game, and it was anything but. >_>
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
3 years ago#28
I didn't really enjoy Revelations 1, I'm still not entirely sure why. I think it was the mixture of interesting sections with limited ammo and enemies and puzzles, and then it shifts to a shoot -em up level which was awful. As I recall the enemies where rubbish also, and so was the plot (even by RE standards). I got 2 largely due to the fact I thought it would be interesting playing as Claire and Barry again, and actually it's a better game than the first one for me. The moving and shooting thing is still weird but the game is better paced, and it has some enjoyable stealth mechanics which, while badly implemented and ultimately kind of pointless with the amount of ammo the game gives you, are still quite fun. Anything that means Barry can stealth kill not-zombies is a plus in my book. The plot is still utterly stupid, but better, although there is a lot of swearing which is a little strange. But the ending is pure cheese and is amazing. Barry remains the best character.

Last of Us is also weird. I liked it, the stealth I agree is not very good (for example, one section I stealth killed everyone, then a load of new enemies spawned behind me and saw me). I enjoyed the story but was kind of getting bored with the game as I went on. I enjoyed the wondering around dead cities more than fighting enemies... the game is basically Manhunt but with monsters. But then the last hour or so was really good, especially as it felt genuinely unnerving tip-toeing past dozens of rampaging blind enemies and an army of soldiers. Anyway I finished it - the game has a great ending and really good arcs for the characters - and have absolutely no desire to play it again.

I would recommend Rev 2 if you can get it cheap.

Raycon
3 years ago#29
Revelations 2 is on my list (when it's cheap, as you said). I know if nothing else, it should at least make for a fun co-op experience. The random action sections in Revelations 1 were easily my biggest gripe. A lot of the characters were dumb, the story was unbelievable, even by RE standards, but it was nice to have a creepy setting to explore (even if it was constantly broken by action every other chapter).

Last of Us has a pretty good story backing it, although largely predictable as you go along. I had the same experience as you with a few sections; take the painstaking effort of stealthing evryone, only to have a new band of enemies show up at the exit and making it impossible to get by without alerting everyone. And I have to agree, exploring the abandoned city was a lot more fun than half the enemy sections it kept regurgitating.

Thinking of revisiting Demon's Souls again, starting with a new character. Going through the EX-game of Parasite Eve at the moment, so I'll probably give that a go afterwards. And probably finish that Resurrection run I never finished at some point....

User Info: banana360

banana360
3 years ago#30
Nakrophile posted...
. The moving and shooting thing is still weird but the game is better paced, and it has some enjoyable stealth mechanics which, while badly implemented and ultimately kind of pointless with the amount of ammo the game gives you, are still quite fun. Anything that means Barry can stealth kill not-zombies is a plus in my book. The plot is still utterly stupid, but better, although there is a lot of swearing which is a little strange. But the ending is pure cheese and is amazing. Barry remains the best character.

Hm, maybe I just got reckless from RE4 and 5's standard of drops, but on survivor I found myself really hurting for ammo at some points. Maybe not so much as Barry, but with Claire, definitely.

The swearing's been there since 5, which while it felt odd there, by now I'm not too bothered by it. And yes, Barry is epic as always. He has the best line at the end of the 1st episode. Not gonna spoil it, but oh man, I had to pause the game I was laughing so hard. So badass.

It's the best single player RE we've had since CV (at least on survival)... Dunno if I can recommend it as a co-op game... Raid mode might be fun. But in the campaign, there's the shooter character, and the partner character. In each episode the partner character does not wield firearms. Their primary purpose is to find hidden items and help solve puzzles. While I like this in single player, since it rewards you for not going in guns blazing as they have modest benefits in combat, if someone gets stuck with them in combat, they might get a bit bored. Just something to consider.

Those souls games... I think I played Dark souls 2 at my Ex's way back when. Though I was getting the hand of the whole counter and backstab thing. Then I get mauled by something out of nowhere... Not sure its my kind of game...
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. It's lonely on the Auriga
  • Topic Archived