• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
4 years ago#431
I can't remember if the new guy is an AI partner or not, I think he is only there if you play online and have someone else play as him, so he isn't forced on you. The problem is some areas are co-op only, so you will end up missing out on them. I also seem to remember cutscenes being pretty jaring when he just appears next to Issac all of a sudden out of thin air. I can't even remember his name, but I can remember him being a massive douche.

Nakrophile posted...
I hope this new guy dies at the end of DS3, I hate him already.

xD

Currently playing Return to Castle Wolfenstien, got it for £2 on Steam, didn't expect much but wow, it's turning out to be one the best shooters I've played. I wish they still made games like this. >_>

Also playing the new Batman Arkham Knight.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

razzle170286
4 years ago#432
post. >_>
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
4 years ago#433
I was on holiday.

Completed Extraction. Towards the end I realised how you reload properly, so that helped...

Still found it annoying in places, but it's not bad. I don't think I can really be bothered to go through it again though. I also got the DS2 download level thing, which is great and has an amazing ending, which also makes the ending to Exaction very good and depressing. There's also a great self-amputation moment.

I will play DS3 today.

razzle170286
4 years ago#434
Nakrophile posted...

Completed Extraction. Towards the end I realised how you reload properly, so that helped...

xD

Still found it annoying in places, but it's not bad. I don't think I can really be bothered to go through it again though. I also got the DS2 download level thing, which is great and has an amazing ending, which also makes the ending to Exaction very good and depressing. There's also a great self-amputation moment.

I will play DS3 today.

Hmm, sounds pretty promising, I will have to check out a playthrough on youtube when I get the time.

Nakrophile
4 years ago#435
Dead Space 3 is pretty good. I went in kind of expecting the worst, but although it is a little more focussed on action it's not that different to be honest. The balance with suspense/horror is nowhere near RE4/5 levels, of which there is basically none. The plot, though, is nowhere near as good as the first two games, which is a shame. Also the buddy character I have barely seen, maybe he's only annoying when you actually play co-op. Which, annoyingly, is apparently something I have to do to get a load of the trophies and, more annoyingly, I got a used copy so the stupid online code thing was already used so now I have to buy one. Maybe I'll wait a while on that. I am secretly hoping Isaac dies at the end, even though I do like him. Would be quite an impressive feat for what I assume is a popular series, so I guess that means he won't be dying. We shall see.

Anyway I just killed the hive mind so one would think I am close to the end. Maybe not though as once again I'm alone and have to find Ellie.

Also, for some reason I bought LA Noire which I am not going to have time to play before MGS5 comes out (which means I won't play it for months now and will probably forget I even have it), and also Zone of the Enders collection thing, which I may have time to play. I never played those on the PS2.

I can't get used to these DLC things; half the time it means I end of spending the same amount as I paid for the game to play like two extra stupid levels (usually more) as the redeem code thing had already been used, so I may as well just by games new. I think DS3 has one as well, so goddamn it etc.

Nakrophile
4 years ago#436
Nakrophile posted...
Dead Space 3 is pretty good.

Okay, so it got ridiculously action-oriented towards the end, but still good. Clearly though it is not on the same level as the first two games, which is I suppose a shame. But hey, at least there was no asteroid bit. Actually, there was, wasn't there. But I didn't die a million times so I guess it wasn't too bad (in case you're wondering, yes there is an asteroid part in Extraction).

Also, the partner really wasn't that annoying. Ellie's boyfriend who you shoot in the face was, but he was supposed to be.

But at least the on-line thing turned out to be free, which is completely pointless. I'm assuming when it first came out it cost money, so I can now look forward to playing new parts of the game with some strange person who knows what they're doing. I will also play the DLC to find out if Issac died at the end of DS3. My thoughts are that he didn't. It would be great if you played as Necromorph Isssac.

razzle170286
4 years ago#437
Nakrophile posted...
Nakrophile posted...
Dead Space 3 is pretty good.

Okay, so it got ridiculously action-oriented towards the end, but still good. Clearly though it is not on the same level as the first two games, which is I suppose a shame. But hey, at least there was no asteroid bit. Actually, there was, wasn't there. But I didn't die a million times so I guess it wasn't too bad (in case you're wondering, yes there is an asteroid part in Extraction).

I checked out Extraction. Whilst watching it I had a feeling I had played it before, then I remembered, Extraction was originally on the Wii, I remember playing it with the awful motion controls. >_>

Also, the partner really wasn't that annoying. Ellie's boyfriend who you shoot in the face was, but he was supposed to be.

I hated Ellie's boyfriend for the simple fact he was shoehorned in just to be the douche that turns on you. It was easy to see his backstabing antics coming from a mile away.

But at least the on-line thing turned out to be free, which is completely pointless. I'm assuming when it first came out it cost money, so I can now look forward to playing new parts of the game with some strange person who knows what they're doing. I will also play the DLC to find out if Issac died at the end of DS3. My thoughts are that he didn't. It would be great if you played as Necromorph Isssac.

I remember getting a code for the online co-op which was a one time thing, so if you bought it used you had to pay extra for a new code, what a joke.

In regards to Issac dying, I seem to remember hearing a radio transmission at the end of the credits making it seem like he survived.

Nakrophile
4 years ago#438
razzle170286 posted...
I hated Ellie's boyfriend for the simple fact he was shoehorned in just to be the douche that turns on you. It was easy to see his backstabing antics coming from a mile away.

Yes it wasn't very surprising, one of the many reasons it wasn't as good. I didn't, for example, see the treachery of that woman at the end of DS1 coming. Not this time.

I remember getting a code for the online co-op which was a one time thing, so if you bought it used you had to pay extra for a new code, what a joke.

In regards to Issac dying, I seem to remember hearing a radio transmission at the end of the credits making it seem like he survived.

I was browsing the PS store as I remembered that I haven't played MGS portable ops, and I feel like I should play it before 5 comes out, even if it isn't meant to be canon. Anyway there are two versions on there, normal one and something called called portable ops plus which I bought, thinking it would be some sort of remastered version. Apparently it's just a load of extra multilayer modes, so I had to then buy the normal edition as well - probably should have read about that beforehand...

Anyhow to relate this to Dead Space I went looking for the DS3 dlc as well and there was also an online pass thing which was free. It's useless though, as I tried to start one of the optional co-op levels and nothing happened so I gave up, perhaps I'm just an idiot.

Anyway, if you haven't played the dlc it is completely nuts (and as enjoyable/flawed as the main game). I won't say anything as unlike the DS2 one it may have some impact...

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#439
For a rail shooter, I thought extraction was pretty kickass. Not often you get one with such a strong focus on story. I was very pleasantly surprised. The gameplay wasn't stellar or anything, but standard.

Been away for a while, with stuff going on. Glad to see this board managed to survive!
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

razzle170286
4 years ago#440
Raycon posted...
For a rail shooter, I thought extraction was pretty kickass. Not often you get one with such a strong focus on story. I was very pleasantly surprised. The gameplay wasn't stellar or anything, but standard.

Been away for a while, with stuff going on. Glad to see this board managed to survive!

I was starting to wonder where everyone went. ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon19811/12 2:48PM