• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien

User Info: banana360

banana360
4 years ago#411
Nakrophile posted...
I never had a saturn either, but one of my friends did, and I have fond memories of playing Virtua Fighter something, (2 probably), Mortal Kombat something (ultimate 3 probably) and some Sonic game, the name of which escapes me but it had a load of those awful racing games, but the menu to choose which game you played was a 3D emerald hill zone which at the time was literally my favourite thing ever. I remember thinking, "yes, this is the natural evolution of sonic CD and 3D." I gather the actual 3D Sonic games which have come out since have not been good, I suppose I will play them at some point given that Sonic is my pal and everything.

Anwyay. Dead Space. I was unprepared for this, and am beginning to think that it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's basically proper 3D RE but not completely ridiculous like everything from 4 onwards has been. I love it. I think I'm near the end as that other ship has crashed into us the suspicious bald dude got killed. It's pretty easy even though I'm playing on normal, to the point where I didn't bother buying any other guns for a few levels and then noticed there's a trophy for only using the starting gun, so I'm still using it. Anyway it's everything that is great about old RE and everything that is great about new RE but without any of the terrible bits. I can even forgive the crappy asteroid shooting part. Also I don't think the main character has said anything yet. But I don't care because the atmosphere is so good. It if has new game plus I will try hard next time.

Also speaking of RE I got the platinum on 5, not sure why though as I'm only 83% done or so. Presume as I have the gold edition it's not counting any of the extra modes, as I've only bothered with lost in nightmares and the one with Josh.

Honestly, other than Colours and Generations, I'd just steer clear from 3D sonic in general. :) The adventure games haven't aged well and it's ALL downhill from there...
Platinum for RE triggers when you have all trophies not associated with the add-ons (LiN, Vs mode e.t.c.)

Also, that asteroid thing is the reason I haven't gotten too far in DS... Which is a shame, cause the game clearly has soooooooo much promise.
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
4 years ago#412
I don't think I will be bothering anyway, good to know they are awful though. I need to get another Sonic collection though, I don't trust that my mega drive will last much longer...

Yeah the asteroid part is rubbish. There is a boss fight with the same cannon thing later but it wasn't as bad. Not entirely sure what the asteroid part is doing there really.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#413
Nakrophile posted...
I can even forgive the crappy asteroid shooting part.

Ha, how could I have possibly forgotten about this. An exercise in patience if the ever was one, sitting there, waiting for a merciful asteroid configuration... it's just as random on higher difficulties. Remember getting my easiest asteroid setup in impossible mode, even.

Also speaking of RE I got the platinum on 5, not sure why though as I'm only 83% done or so. Presume as I have the gold edition it's not counting any of the extra modes, as I've only bothered with lost in nightmares and the one with Josh.

What banana said- extra stuff doesn't count. Great job though; shows you have the patience to abuse that "Restart Checkpoint" feature.

= P
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
4 years ago#414
Raycon posted...

Ha, how could I have possibly forgotten about this. An exercise in patience if the ever was one, sitting there, waiting for a merciful asteroid configuration... it's just as random on higher difficulties. Remember getting my easiest asteroid setup in impossible mode, even.

I must have gotten lucky the first time, on my second time through it took ages. Almost gave up. But otherwise it really was excellent, nice and bleak end, too. I will have to find the sequel.

What banana said- extra stuff doesn't count. Great job though; shows you have the patience to abuse that "Restart Checkpoint" feature.

= P

Yeah, I used that over and over in a couple of bits where there are millions of lickers, so I had money to upgrade all the weapons.

Also there is some advert below saying a Predator is in the next Mortal Kombat game. I'm quite confused.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#415
Nakrophile posted...
I must have gotten lucky the first time, on my second time through it took ages. Almost gave up. But otherwise it really was excellent, nice and bleak end, too. I will have to find the sequel.

The second is still good, but the move away from strictly horror was frustrating. Still nowhere near as bad as 3, which, while fun to play, kind of loses what little soul it had left.

Also there is some advert below saying a Predator is in the next Mortal Kombat game. I'm quite confused.

Reminds of when Soul Calibur had a different "New Character" for each version of the game. I guess this is still a thing?
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Nakrophile
4 years ago#416
The fatalities will probably be amusing. Mind you, Sub-Zero stole his trademark move.

I will get Dead Space 2 at some point, had intended not to buy anything else before MGS5 is outs and just play things I haven't gotten around to yet, so may not be for a while. Actually I just remembered I have the last of us, so I should probably try that.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
4 years ago#417
Nakrophile posted...

I will get Dead Space 2 at some point,

It's good, not quite as good as the first, but still an excellent game thats well worth playing through if you enjoyed the first. So is DS3 for that matter, but it sadly loses alot of the horror feel of the first and second, although as Raycon mentioned, the weapon creation/upgrade system is awesome.

You may be shocked to find that Issac gains a voice in DS2, felt strange to hear him talking all of a sudden, but his voice actor is actually very good and fits rather well.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

razzle170286
4 years ago#418
post. >_>
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

Nakrophile
4 years ago#419
I bought Dead Space 2 and 3, and a sega collection thing today. I hadn't planned to, it's something that just happened. I will probably have time to play them both before September. The sega thing I'm not touching for a while though as that will be too tempting to spend hours on Altered Beast again.

"Rise from your grave"

razzle170286
4 years ago#420
I just bought Dead Space 2 myself in the Steam sale for £2. ^_^

Well, just watched the reveal footage for the new DooM, and I must say it looks damn fun. Hopefully it comes out sometime this year. Looks like Doom 3 on steroids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SWaNGrokQ

Also, Dark Souls 3! and Fallout 4!
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon19911/14 2:14PM