• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#401
As much as I want to go for it, I'd rather get it for the PS4 to play the game in all its glory. But yeah, Sonic hit it pretty hard. It was like they though they had something going with "Shadow" and ran with the idea... never really recovered from that. Sonic and "edge" don't mix quite as well as you might think.

<_<

Dark_Avarice posted...
It lacks the ambient lighting of the PS version. Every room is well-lit, as if the Saturn isn't capable of producing varied lighting from place to place.

This is really hard to picture. I'm used to the game being primarily pretty dark.

Combat might be slightly smoother, at least when the aliens don't turn invisible.

Ha, what?! XD

Looking up or down in a fight requires pressing three buttons and using the dpad. The human hand does not work that way.

Well, it did take two buttons in the PS version. I... I'm still not sure why it needs an extra one all of a sudden, but I guess the game in general is a bit of a step down from running on playstation.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Raycon
4 years ago#402
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
4 years ago#403
Completed RE5 on professional, I wimped out and infinite rocket launchered my way through most bos fights and did the Jill bit with some random online . The only bit that was still difficult which I can claim to have done myself was the Gigante fight, which did annoy me but was still easier than I thought it was going to be. I may stop playing it shortly and start on Dead Space instead.

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
4 years ago#404
I remembered to come back eventually. There's no excuse, really, other than poor memory and extended bouts of laziness. I finished Saturn Trilogy the day before their cruise finished. It really was almost the same game as the PS version, with the strangest exceptions.

Not only is it well-lit, as in ambient lighting, but the broken lights on the walls that caused all the gloom have inexplicably been repaired. Presumably the developers thought it looked stupid and went out of their way to maintain in-game consistency.

The Boneship and all its colours suffered in the transition. Those colourful terminals on the broken level, for instance, were just normal grey. The secret was no less broken.

The warriors did have a funny habit of flickering in and out of existence when they ran. Made fighting them more interesting. Curiously less of a problem when they showed up again near the end. The Saturn struggled a little to render the worst of it. Ten aliens on the screen and it began to stutter.

Interesting experience. They had a PS4 too, so I tried Battlefield 4. Never played the series before. Ended up going back to Alien, bored despite how pretty it was. If anyone you know has a Saturn, which is admittedly unlikely, it's worth playing it again just for the novelty.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
4 years ago#405
Dark_Avarice posted...
If anyone you know has a Saturn, which is admittedly unlikely, it's worth playing it again just for the novelty.

I still have my Saturn. ^_^

If the Saturn version is inferior to the PS version, it will simply be down to the programmers, not the actual Saturn itself.

The Saturn is a 2D powerhouse, the playstation struggles with 2D, the Saturn would have no problem running AT and should have been the superior version. When programmed properly the Saturn will always come out on top when it comes to 2D games.

I no longer have it, but Alien Trilogy was the first game I got with my Saturn when it first came out.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

Raycon
4 years ago#406
Never had a Saturn, so I have no reference point. I remember hearing almost nothing about it until the Dreamcast came out (and only really sampled one of those; never got much out of one).

You should really give Dead Space a go Nakrophile.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
4 years ago#407
Raycon posted...
Never had a Saturn, so I have no reference point. I remember hearing almost nothing about it until the Dreamcast came out (and only really sampled one of those; never got much out of one).

You were lucky not to own one at that time. The Saturn was a terrible console to own outside of Japan as it had little to no games. I can still remember going into game stores and seeing the same 5 games all the time (Virtua Fighter 2, Sega Rally etc) while the playstation had tons of games. Resident Evil was the game which made me ditch the Saturn. I first played (well watched actually) RE at a friends house and was blown away by it. When I found out it wasn't coming to the Saturn, I sold the console and got my first playstation with Resident Evil. ^_^

You should really give Dead Space a go Nakrophile.

Second this. One of the best games last gen.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

User Info: Ghaszaszh_Nyirh

Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
4 years ago#408
DS1 and DS2 were fun. I could never get into DS3 though. Something about it made playing through the game feel like a chore and not fun at all.
Ghaszaszh Nyirh. Of the Old Ones, the scrolls say that he loved the debasement of his slaves the best. And they go to him willingly.

Raycon
4 years ago#409
Ghaszaszh_Nyirh posted...
DS1 and DS2 were fun. I could never get into DS3 though. Something about it made playing through the game feel like a chore and not fun at all.

DS3 took everything from a story standpoint that was wrong with DS2, and made it worse. The story just got abysmal, and downright absurd at times. I still cringe having to endure any of the cutscenes. Locking out content for co-op only didn't help.

That said, weapon modification is sooooo addicting. I wouldn't mind another horror-themed DS with this returning, only with the ability to carry at least 3 weapons instead of crippling us with two again. I don't mind the finding "parts" instead of money aspect either; I'm okay with that, too.

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
4 years ago#410
I never had a saturn either, but one of my friends did, and I have fond memories of playing Virtua Fighter something, (2 probably), Mortal Kombat something (ultimate 3 probably) and some Sonic game, the name of which escapes me but it had a load of those awful racing games, but the menu to choose which game you played was a 3D emerald hill zone which at the time was literally my favourite thing ever. I remember thinking, "yes, this is the natural evolution of sonic CD and 3D." I gather the actual 3D Sonic games which have come out since have not been good, I suppose I will play them at some point given that Sonic is my pal and everything.

Anwyay. Dead Space. I was unprepared for this, and am beginning to think that it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's basically proper 3D RE but not completely ridiculous like everything from 4 onwards has been. I love it. I think I'm near the end as that other ship has crashed into us the suspicious bald dude got killed. It's pretty easy even though I'm playing on normal, to the point where I didn't bother buying any other guns for a few levels and then noticed there's a trophy for only using the starting gun, so I'm still using it. Anyway it's everything that is great about old RE and everything that is great about new RE but without any of the terrible bits. I can even forgive the crappy asteroid shooting part. Also I don't think the main character has said anything yet. But I don't care because the atmosphere is so good. It if has new game plus I will try hard next time.

Also speaking of RE I got the platinum on 5, not sure why though as I'm only 83% done or so. Presume as I have the gold edition it's not counting any of the extra modes, as I've only bothered with lost in nightmares and the one with Josh.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon19811/12 2:48PM