• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
5 years ago#1
Probably because I've never actually had a proper, dedicated run that wasn't boosted by cheats. Level 6 was the end of my non-cheat playthrough. Well, maybe next year.

I was thinking about trying to get this game running on my psp, but that thing only has one analog stick. Is there a way to play it without both sticks?

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
5 years ago#2
Doesn't the game have a couple non-dual analog controller options? Would those work?

On topic, aww, yeah. Starting a Hard mode Alien Resurrection run. I'll have to let you know when I spot a blue (pretty sure I ran into one or two in there...).
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

Raycon
5 years ago#3
And so it begins...!

Just noticed for the first time, when leaving the cell at the beginning, Ripley very quietly says "Time to get out of here" or "I'm getting out of here." I didn't realize she had any speaking parts during the game. Not sure if anybody's pointed that out before.

= O

But oh man did I forget how atmospheric this first level was. From the alien growl as you enter the big hallway, to the glimpse of alien vanishing down the vent in a room with the tables- really makes you fear the alien well before you ever see one.

Forgot about the one save per save point rule in hard mode. That's going to be tricky...

WOW, I forgot how much I hated fighting marines. I could have sworn there was a way to sneakily headshot everyone if you were slow and careful, but at this point I found it easier to run around and just shoot everyone in the face the old fashion way. Strafing remains the marine's only weakness. Number of tries: 13

One level down!
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
5 years ago#4
I still haven't completed without cheating. I haven't tried for a very long time and I probably won't as it isn't worth the aggravation it would no doubt cause. The furthest I ever got on a normal play-through was Perez where it would inevitably end is disaster. Have never tried it on hard without cheats, I know where that would go.

Also, now that the PS4 is out I think it's time I got a PS3 and played catch up with all the games discussed in the previous thread.

Raycon
5 years ago#5
Nakrophile posted...
I still haven't completed without cheating. I haven't tried for a very long time and I probably won't as it isn't worth the aggravation it would no doubt cause. The furthest I ever got on a normal play-through was Perez where it would inevitably end is disaster. Have never tried it on hard without cheats, I know where that would go.

Also, now that the PS4 is out I think it's time I got a PS3 and played catch up with all the games discussed in the previous thread.

Now's a good time, no doubt. I'd try to snag one of the original slim models over the "new" slim, but that's mostly cause I hate the new look. That loading tray just looks tacky after being used to the other for so long.

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
5 years ago#6
I want to get a backwards compatible one, I'll have to do some investigating before I buy.

User Info: banana360

banana360
5 years ago#7
I have yet to beat this on normal. >.<
Wish this worked on PS3. Damn door glitch. :(
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

Raycon
5 years ago#8
Nakrophile posted...
I want to get a backwards compatible one, I'll have to do some investigating before I buy.

Ooh, yeah. Would go with one of the older models, then. I too covet that 100% (or close to it) BC. Such a fine system, why the step backwards Sony!?

= (

banana360 posted...
I have yet to beat this on normal. >.<
Wish this worked on PS3. Damn door glitch. :(

I know! I'd love to give this a spin on the PS3. On this TV (LCD?) it's REALLY dark. Like all the blacks just blur together, provided and super extra challenge. Don't know if the PS3 would make any difference, but couldn't hurt. Didn't get any further today though- maybe pretty soon here.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
5 years ago#9
Raycon posted...
And so it begins...!

Just noticed for the first time, when leaving the cell at the beginning, Ripley very quietly says "Time to get out of here" or "I'm getting out of here." I didn't realize she had any speaking parts during the game. Not sure if anybody's pointed that out before.

I noticed she has a few speaking segments on the NTSC version but not the PAL version for some strange reason. I think Father also has some extra speech segments too, especially on stage 5 when he is all messed up. Man, I've played this game way too much. xD

WOW, I forgot how much I hated fighting marines. I could have sworn there was a way to sneakily headshot everyone if you were slow and careful, but at this point I found it easier to run around and just shoot everyone in the face the old fashion way. Strafing remains the marine's only weakness. Number of tries: 13

One level down!

I punish myself way too much on the first level. I make sure to get through it without using a single medkit or shell, which isn't really needed, but it gives you a great boost going into level 3. Killing them marines is always such a pain because it takes a while for you to adjust to the controls when you first start playing again.

Nakrophile posted...

You want the 60GB Fat model, it's the only one that is backwards compatible with both PS1/2. The slims play PS1 only. I have the sliding door slim and it's a horrible design, it feels like the console is going to snap clean in half every time i open the damn tray. >_>
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
5 years ago#10
Wonder why they bothered with slightly different dialogue from PAL to NTSC. I've only played PAL, but I suppose I didn't miss much.

Managed to get Trilogy running on my PSP, though apparently the PSP's inbuilt PS1 emulator can't play the music. Which is terrible... I can't get into it with no music. Getting the game from the disc to the eboot file the PSP uses has been an issue; one program gave me a 3mb .iso for Trilogy when it should be about 400mb.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. I've never seen a blue alien
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20511/18 5:23PM