• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Playing this game on Hard mode

User Info: Ghaszaszh_Nyirh

Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
6 years ago#11
Hmm... for some reason whenever I go down letters I slowly go downward in about the same speed it takes to go up the ladder.
Ghaszaszh Nyirh. Of the Old Ones, the scrolls say that he loved the debasement of his slaves the best. And they go to him willingly.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
6 years ago#12
I used to be able to slide down ladders but then it stopped doing it for some reason? I think it's something to do with clicking L3 on your analog sticks.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
6 years ago#13
I'll have to toy with it.

Btw, a youtube video I saw had the uploader saying that you can get stuck on Level 5 to where it's impossible to proceed through if you complete level 4 with below a certain amount of ammo for your weapons. How much ammo should I get through level 4 with to find level 5 doable?
Ghaszaszh Nyirh. Of the Old Ones, the scrolls say that he loved the debasement of his slaves the best. And they go to him willingly.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
6 years ago#14
I think the youtube guy meant to say level 6.

Level 5 you play as Distephano, and you start from scratch, no med kits, no ammo etc, the same as when you played as Call. You only play as these characters once, so your only worry is reaching the end of the level. It's only Ripley's levels you need to worry about saving up ammo etc. You will be back as Ripley on level 6, Maximum Security. Worst level in the game for many reasons, you will not get through it if you finished level with low supplies. Everybody who gets this far has to start the game over. No joke.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
6 years ago#15
razzle170286 posted...

Level 5 you play as Distephano, and you start from scratch, no med kits, no ammo etc, the same as when you played as Call. You only play as these characters once, so your only worry is reaching the end of the level. It's only Ripley's levels you need to worry about saving up ammo etc. You will be back as Ripley on level 6, Maximum Security. Worst level in the game for many reasons, you will not get through it if you finished level with low supplies. Everybody who gets this far has to start the game over. No joke.

I'd even go so far as to say that extends to level 7. Even if you survive level 6 by the skin of your teeth, for as short as level 7 is, there's a ton of aliens to deal with. That's where I got stuck the first time through. I was trying to kill everything with the flamethrower and GL. I got to the very end with 6 GL rounds left, and the onslaught at the final door just destroyed me. There was just no winning. Had to start completely over.

What's worked for me since then; use shotgun on everything until you have no ammo for it. Try to take a single alien down in 2 shots (or 1 if they're leaping). The first shot stuns them, so run up close and lay in the second shot the moment their invincible "hit" animation ends. Use the Pulse Rifle for crowd control when needed, but use it as seldom as possible. If you know the game well enough, you can even use the pistol in parts where you know an alien starts from farther off. Has helped me get through the game nearly every time in the past, even hard mode.

... Damn, this really makes me want to replay this game. >_>
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja

User Info: banana360

banana360
6 years ago#16
razzle170286 posted...

What...? There's been another topic for over a week and I only just noticed...? 0.0

But, yeah, the number of times I had to restart because of Perez... Grrrrrrr.... >.>
And I remember a glitch where an endless swarm of warriors would come through one part one after the other... I think it's like down on the low level where the steam is...
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

Raycon
6 years ago#17
banana360 posted...
razzle170286 posted...

What...? There's been another topic for over a week and I only just noticed...? 0.0

It was in stealth mode. >_>

But, yeah, the number of times I had to restart because of Perez... Grrrrrrr.... >.>
And I remember a glitch where an endless swarm of warriors would come through one part one after the other... I think it's like down on the low level where the steam is...

I know exactly which part you're talking about. Have to move quickly through the lower level door, cause there is literally no end to them. I fear that hallways more than just about anything in this game.

Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
6 years ago#18
Creeping through level 4 slowly but surely. I've started the stage over a few times since I felt I was taking more shots to kill the aliens than necessary.

Raycon
6 years ago#19
Ghaszaszh_Nyirh posted...
Creeping through level 4 slowly but surely. I've started the stage over a few times since I felt I was taking more shots to kill the aliens than necessary.

The beginning of Level 4 is kind of the make or break point. Especially when it comes to auto-docs.

Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
6 years ago#20
Raycon posted...
Ghaszaszh_Nyirh posted...

The beginning of Level 4 is kind of the make or break point. Especially when it comes to auto-docs.

Good to know. I have about ten of them. I had to use one on this level because a facehugger inevitably caught me in the big room filled with those jerks that has the two vents on the left wall and the eggs along the right. Hugger came immediately from the left and jumped me before I had time to react.

I just saved at the point after you destroy the shield and the alien eats that guard just outside the hallway leading to the cage where two aliens are held. Currently I have about 15 shotgun ammo and 1500 pulse rifle.

Am I going to have to worry about health packs being really scarce, too?
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Playing this game on Hard mode
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20611/21 8:04PM

GameFAQs Answers