• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s
6 years ago#461
I just placed a bid on this game on eBay .
http://twitter.com/ChaseBurr http://instagram.com/gucciplatinum
http://youtube.com/user/OmegaWeaponFFVIII

User Info: banana360

banana360
6 years ago#462
NewportBox100s posted...
I just placed a bid on this game on eBay .

Seriously?! Awesome. :) Well, I hope you get it, and post your thoughts. :)
You played the game before? :)
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
6 years ago#463
wEEman33_VI posted...
There hasn't been a good Alien movie since 1986 and a good Alien game since 2001.

I'm expecting Isolation to suck.

Which Alien game was 2001?

And we don't really know much about Isolation. I can still dream...
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
6 years ago#464
Raycon posted...
wEEman33_VI posted...
There hasn't been a good Alien movie since 1986 and a good Alien game since 2001.

I'm expecting Isolation to suck.

Which Alien game was 2001?

And we don't really know much about Isolation. I can still dream...

Resurrection came out in 2001, I think. It was one of the last ps1 games released if I remember correctly.

You'll be glad to hear Arkham Origins is just as good as the previous games, Raycon. I'm actually liking the story a lot more in this one, which maybe due to being unfamiliar with a lot of the villains. The combat seems a lot harder than AC, or maybe I'm just rusty. The only negative is they brought back them god damn gun crates! I can't stand them!, I was glad they got rid of them in AC. With them back I will definitely not be doing any challenge campaigns. >_>

It may be the longest Arkham game yet. I've clocked over 5 hours so far and it feels like the game has barely started.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

Raycon
6 years ago#465
razzle170286 posted...

Resurrection came out in 2001, I think. It was one of the last ps1 games released if I remember correctly.

Oh. Duh, we're on the board for it. >_<

You'll be glad to hear Arkham Origins is just as good as the previous games, Raycon. I'm actually liking the story a lot more in this one, which maybe due to being unfamiliar with a lot of the villains. The combat seems a lot harder than AC, or maybe I'm just rusty. The only negative is they brought back them god damn gun crates! I can't stand them!, I was glad they got rid of them in AC. With them back I will definitely not be doing any challenge campaigns. >_>

It may be the longest Arkham game yet. I've clocked over 5 hours so far and it feels like the game has barely started.

Dang, that sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, maybe pick it up when it goes down a bit. I didn't like the gun crates either so like you, I should probably steer clear of the challenges. I hope the combat hasn't gotten even more complex; what makes the Arkham games shine is their simplicity, I always felt.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

razzle170286
6 years ago#466
Raycon posted...
I hope the combat hasn't gotten even more complex; what makes the Arkham games shine is their simplicity, I always felt.

The combat is pretty much exactly the same save for a few new enemy types. Batman has new animations and a couple new gizmo's he can use in combat. In fact the game is so close to the originals it's been heavily criticized for it by a lot of reviewers. The game has got a lot of 6 and 7's, one review as low as 3.5 because ''It's too similar to the previous Batman games''.

It's the good old catch 22, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Employ the ''If it ain't broke'' logic and reviewers whine that there is nothing new, change things then they whine it was better the way it was before. Seriously, screw these reviewers.They can take their ''professional'' reviews and stick them up their ass. I feel sorry for the team who developed Origins, they had some pretty god damned big shoes to fill and i feel they did an admirable job.

Well, I can say for certain, it's the best 3.5/10 game I've ever played.>_> Just wait for the next Call of Duty to drop and all the reviewers are giving out 9/10 everywhere you look, damn hypocrites.

Currently juggling Ace Attorney: Duel Destines on 3DS whilst playing Batman. If anyone hasn't played the Ace Attorney series I implore you, please, please go out and buy it, I can't put it into words just how great a series it is.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world where having children is a career.

User Info: banana360

banana360
6 years ago#467
razzle170286 posted...
Raycon posted...
I hope the combat hasn't gotten even more complex; what makes the Arkham games shine is their simplicity, I always felt.

The combat is pretty much exactly the same save for a few new enemy types. Batman has new animations and a couple new gizmo's he can use in combat. In fact the game is so close to the originals it's been heavily criticized for it by a lot of reviewers. The game has got a lot of 6 and 7's, one review as low as 3.5 because ''It's too similar to the previous Batman games''.

It's the good old catch 22, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Employ the ''If it ain't broke'' logic and reviewers whine that there is nothing new, change things then they whine it was better the way it was before. Seriously, screw these reviewers.They can take their ''professional'' reviews and stick them up their ass. I feel sorry for the team who developed Origins, they had some pretty god damned big shoes to fill and i feel they did an admirable job.

Well, I can say for certain, it's the best 3.5/10 game I've ever played.>_> Just wait for the next Call of Duty to drop and all the reviewers are giving out 9/10 everywhere you look, damn hypocrites.

Currently juggling Ace Attorney: Duel Destines on 3DS whilst playing Batman. If anyone hasn't played the Ace Attorney series I implore you, please, please go out and buy it, I can't put it into words just how great a series it is.

Tsk, you know I want it, but I hear there's no physical release of the game, and I don't have wifi for it to download to my 3DS. :(
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

Raycon
6 years ago#468
razzle170286 posted...
Raycon posted...

Couldn't have said it better. Haven't played the game, but what a damn shame when they give fans exactly what they want. But reviewers expect developers to invent the wheel every time. Unless it's CoD, of course.

¬_¬

razzle170286
6 years ago#469
banana360 posted...

Tsk, you know I want it, but I hear there's no physical release of the game, and I don't have wifi for it to download to my 3DS. :(

NOOOOOOooooooo...

Damn, that sucks. Is there no other way to get the game without Wifi?

You're right, there is no physical release for the game, which I admit kinda put me off too, but it's Phoenix Wright! I just couldn't help myself. I'm just thankful we got an English translation at all, seeing as how Capcom is having some serious financial troubles at the moment. I'm still upset we didn't get a localization of Miles Edgeworth: Investigations 2. >_>

Raycon posted...

Couldn't have said it better. Haven't played the game, but what a damn shame when they give fans exactly what they want. But reviewers expect developers to invent the wheel every time. Unless it's CoD, of course.

Exactly. I can't wait for CoD:Ghosts to drop and it's gets 3/10 across the board because it's been the same exact game for the past 6 years or so. Yet we all know it will get 9/10 from every major gaming site. After this hypocritical facade with Batman, I'm convinced that Activision pay for their sparkling reviews for CoD. I find it really upsetting that we are stepping in to an new generation of consoles and yet CoD is still the headline game. How long is it going to take before these casuals realize they are buying the exact same game year after year, Jesus, animals learn faster than these people.

Raycon
6 years ago#470
razzle170286 posted...

Exactly. I can't wait for CoD:Ghosts to drop and it's gets 3/10 across the board because it's been the same exact game for the past 6 years or so. Yet we all know it will get 9/10 from every major gaming site. After this hypocritical facade with Batman, I'm convinced that Activision pay for their sparkling reviews for CoD. I find it really upsetting that we are stepping in to an new generation of consoles and yet CoD is still the headline game. How long is it going to take before these casuals realize they are buying the exact same game year after year, Jesus, animals learn faster than these people.

In their defense, they buy what they like, and I think they're entitled to that. If they want to play the same game every time, so be it? I mean, I'd give for old-school Resident Evils that played about the same as their predecessors, or sequels to DMC that preserved what was fun about the series. The part I draw issue with is this double-standards in reviews. If you're going to attack something for being the same, do it all around; don't pick sides. People will still buy CoD anyway, so I don't know what the big deal is...
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20511/18 5:23PM

GameFAQs Answers