• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lilisphere

Lilisphere
7 years ago#21
Shiva is the best GF in the game <_<
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends.

User Info: banana360

banana360
7 years ago#22
razzle170286 posted...
Don't worry, Siefer becomes a bigger pain in the ass as the game goes on. By the end of the game you will hate the guy.

What's your fave GF so far? I remember Doom train being all kinds of awesome.

And speaking of Crash Bandicoot, i gave Crash 1 a little run earlier today, I was shocked to find that the game aged at all. It's still just as fun to play and despite being an early Ps1 game it still looks fantastic!

Yeah, a lot of platformers seem to age pretty well.

Spyro, Crash, the older sonic and mario games age like fine wine.

It's quite impressive.
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
7 years ago#23
Hmm, I couldn't be bothered quoting. I haven't played Crash in probably about ten years crap. I think I only ever had the first two, though I remember playing a demo of Crash Team Racing.

Is the series still going?

ratchet and Clank is awesome, though. I became obsessed with it.

User Info: banana360

banana360
7 years ago#24
Nakrophile posted...

Is the series still going?

NO!
Crash bandicoot died a while ago.
Wrath of Cortex wasn't bad, twinsanity was playable, but they were just giving us the finger with Crash of the Titans.
Some say the last good Crash game was CTR. I think that's a bit TOO harsh.
While it was the last naughty dog Crash game, and quite possibly my favourite mascot kart racer (though I do have high hopes for S&SASR:T) I'd say Crash had a decent couple of years after, if nothing else.
Shame he's such a joke now. =(
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
7 years ago#25
Such a shame Crash died. But what do you expect when the latest games are complete trash. Even if Crash did get a true revival going back to his platforming routes it would most likely suck anyway. It seems developers just can't make good games like that anymore, which is very sad considering the technology we have today.

Crash team racing was indeed awesome, maybe the best kart racer ever, and this is coming from a huge MarioKart fan. ^_^

Also, here's a new vid of a A:CM's new mode Escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UBQouJBns

Finally some new footage, shows some new Alien types too.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world were having children is a career.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
7 years ago#26
Crash team racing was indeed awesome, maybe the best kart racer ever, and this is coming from a huge MarioKart fan. ^_^

I'm partial to Jak X. Took all the fun of Crash Team Racing and amplified it by 10. Drifting gives you boost power? Now that's just genius.

But like you said, all the platformers these days are all "open world." Nobody knows how to make standalone level designs anymore I guess. It's about a pointless large open area to explore. I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed...!
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

Raycon
7 years ago#27
razzle170286 posted...
Such a shame Crash died. But what do you expect when the latest games are complete trash. Even if Crash did get a true revival going back to his platforming routes it would most likely suck anyway. It seems developers just can't make good games like that anymore, which is very sad considering the technology we have today.

Also, here's a new vid of a A:CM's new mode Escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UBQouJBns

Finally some new footage, shows some new Alien types too.

The Escape mode trailer looks outstanding. Damn, I can't wait to get my hands on this game. ^_^
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

razzle170286
7 years ago#28
Raycon posted...
The Escape mode trailer looks outstanding. Damn, I can't wait to get my hands on this game. ^_^

Looks great don't it? I really like how you can set up sentry guns and weld doors shut to slow the aliens down. Apparently when you get to the evac point you have to secure the area and hold out until the Dropship/APC arrives. Talk about tense, should be really fun.

They have also added Hicks, Hudson, Apone and Drake as playable characters in MP and Escape modes. Gearbox have announced female characters will also be playable, so i think we can expect Ripley and vasques at least.

Speaking of Gearbox, i just pre-ordered Borderlands 2, can't wait, i played the hell out of the first game.

Raycon
7 years ago#29
Speaking of Gearbox, i just pre-ordered Borderlands 2, can't wait, i played the hell out of the first game.

I liked the first one. I wasn't too crazy about the game, but I have to admit it has some damn good co-op. And split-screen? I've played through it with numerous people, more than any other co-op game. It's above and beyond when it comes to multiplay. Admittedly, it doesn't seem like a game that's nearly as fun single player. I seem to get most of my fun from working with a partner.

= /

Will probably get Borderlands 2 at some point, but I'm not in a hurry either. I've been too busy lately to get much out of it even if I did, so that may very be influencing my decision there.

Just got to Disc 3 on FFVIII... the show continues... slowly... >_<
a tasty death - kloud 11

razzle170286
7 years ago#30
Raycon posted...

Just got to Disc 3 on FFVIII... the show continues... slowly... >_<

Damn, disc 3. The first time i got to disc 3 i had to start the whole game over, at least i think it was disc 3 anyway. What happened was you are escaping some military base or something and the game forced you to use Zell, selphie and Irvine, i think. Anyway, the boss of the area was this huge military tank and i couldn't beat it for the life of me. My whole team were really under levelled and there was no way i could level up were i saved, and of course i didn't have an earlier save so i had to start over. It felt good to finally kick it's ass when i got back up to it.

Are you enjoying the Laguna sequences?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20511/18 5:23PM

GameFAQs Answers