• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
7 years ago#11
Raycon posted...
I can hardly believe it. I feel pretty bad, as we were so close on that one, and it was your topic. If it's any consolation, since banana took over this time, I think it's only fair you get the next as some form of compensation for the lost progress.

I agree, it sucks big time. We were so close too, i think were at 450. >_>

Damn, that would have killed me. How did you get around the level 3 door? Does that one cheat let you skip levels?

Yeah i used the level select. Good job too or i would have been really annoyed.

I prefer Spyro to Crash, but I love both dearly. Regrettably, I never played the first Crash through to completion, and my disc of Crash 2 had a scratch that made getting one gem impossible (broke my heart). Have to go back and get a working copy one day... But Crash 3 was just all-around awesome.

Crash 1 gets really hard towards the end. Do you remember road to nowhere? *Gulp*
Crash 2 is my fave of the bunch, Crash 3 had way too many minigames and not enough platform levels for me.

Never played Tomb Raider, sadly... I hear so many good things. I've no doubt got it on my list, but that's an already overflowing list.

You're not missing out on much, the game hasn't aged well at all.

Finally started FFVIII. My god is this game complex.

The game does a pretty bad job of explaining things. They make it sound a lot more complicated than it actually is.
United Kingdom. The only country in the world were having children is a career.

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
7 years ago#12
I'm getting the urge to replay Final Fantasy Tactics now that you're speaking of the series. Awesome game; definitely worth trying if you haven't played it. You're probably going to need an emulator though; the PSP version has MUCH better written dialogue. Oddly enough, I haven't played many other Final Fantasy games. My first was VIII, but I didn't finish it. I later tried X but got frustrated with the extremely linear map.

Sometimes Trilogy's textures cut out a little or don't display properly. It's fairly rare, but it does happen. Having played the PC version I'm fairly sure the pulse rifle works differently in the 2 versions. PS fires a burst of three shots, PC has full-auto. Can't remember what Sega did anymore. I also found a way to molest the infected colonists in such a way that green boxes, not chestbursters, popped out of them.

I'm fairly sure that the end clip doesn't play if you use cheats. Which is fair, I guess. On another note, I heard that AT uses the same engine as Doom. Maybe a Doom map editor could crack open AT's maps and we could see what's in the mystery room.

User Info: banana360

banana360
7 years ago#13
And I don't know if anyone's used the god mode cheat on Alien Trilogy (I think this was brought up before), but did it have the habit of not playing the end game movie for anyone else? It wasn't until I finally replayed the game fair and square that I realized there was a movie when you beat the game. Caught me completely off guard.

Yes, I remember wearing my pink boots back in the day...
Yeah, the ending sequence was news to me, certainly didn't expect it...

Also, Spyro: yes. On a similar subject ratchet and Clank is a series I very much adore, though I obviously haven't played the PS3 series and there are two games on the PS2 I haven't seen and which are expensive online.

Yeah, another good Trilogy that got better over time. Certainly a unique platformer.

Crash 1 gets really hard towards the end. Do you remember road to nowhere? *Gulp*

I have to words for you, pal. *clears throat*
*goes down on my knees and rips shirt open*

SLIPPERY CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is true, to be honest.
Tankish controls and some ridiculous secrets that you'd NEVER get via trial and error.

So, trilogy has the same engine as Doom? Really? :/
It doesn't have the... How do I put it... Aiming system...
Like in doom if you shoot at an enemy on a higher level, as long as you're facing that enemy and it's on the screen you can shoot it. But in Trilogy you just fired directly in front of you regardless.
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

razzle170286
7 years ago#14
banana360 posted...

Good god that was a terrible level, and it went on and on too. There was also a slippery climb part 2 which was locked in the final game but you can still play it using an action replay. It may very well be the hardest Crash level ever.

User Info: banana360

banana360
7 years ago#15
razzle170286 posted...
banana360 posted...

Good god that was a terrible level, and it went on and on too. There was also a slippery climb part 2 which was locked in the final game but you can still play it using an action replay. It may very well be the hardest Crash level ever.

Oh, Stormy ascent? I seen videos of it... A true test of platforming....

And as if getting through the thing at all wasn't hard enough, you had to go through, getting all the boxes without dying in order to get the gem.
That's what makes Crash 1 the hardest to 100%
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
7 years ago#16
Lilisphere posted...
Honestly VIII is not as complicated as it seems to be. I swear the game makes it look much, much more complex than it is.

Basically, get the most powerful spells you have and put them on your stats/junction thingy. You have to make sure that stat is unlocked with a GF you have equipped though.

After having disappeared for a few days to play FFVIII straight (what it happening to me?!) I think I'm finally figuring it out. You're right, it really is much simpler than it sounds. The word "junction" is probably what threw me; I had literally no idea what that meant. >_>

Enjoying stocking different magic, but just found out I can only carry 32? Why must I choose...!? >_<

But what, a ending sequence when you complete it? I have never seen that, I don't think.

Wait, really? I think it was just an FMV of being rescued by a dropship; I thought it was only disabled if you used cheats. = /

Also, Spyro: yes. On a similar subject ratchet and Clank is a series I very much adore, though I obviously haven't played the PS3 series and there are two games on the PS2 I haven't seen and which are expensive online.

I've got my eye on the Ratchet and Clank collection... I've heard great things about the games and just waiting for the price to go down. ^_^

I agree, it sucks big time. We were so close too, i think were at 450. >_>

Yeah, just short of 500. v_v

I did not know that. With all the horror stories in this topic, I'm not sure I ever want to go for it... >_>

Oh... I remember trying Tomb Raider 2 back in the day (very briefly), but for some reason the game was moving at about 8 frames per second. Looked really interesting though; I hope to get a better chance at some point.

The game does a pretty bad job of explaining things. They make it sound a lot more complicated than it actually is.

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I thought the dialogue was terrible all the way through Disc 1, but damn did the ending of Disc 1 seal it for me. Now I'm hooked. Talk about cinematic. = D

And people like Squall? Granted, I haven't gotten farther than the beginning of Disc 2, but I can't believe what a dick he can be. It almost makes me wonder how people can hate Tidus. I'm sure there's loads of character development to come, but first impressions make Squall look hard to sympathize with.

Yes, I remember wearing my pink boots back in the day...

XD That was it.

So, trilogy has the same engine as Doom? Really? :/
It doesn't have the... How do I put it... Aiming system...

Well... you kind of have it. Like a facehugger that's below you gets shot even though you're aiming at chest height. >_>

Plus, they through in the ability to look up and down... so a modified Doom engine? Maybe? That aside, they do have their similarities.
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

razzle170286
7 years ago#17
banana360 posted...

Oh, Stormy ascent? I seen videos of it... A true test of platforming....

And as if getting through the thing at all wasn't hard enough, you had to go through, getting all the boxes without dying in order to get the gem.
That's what makes Crash 1 the hardest to 100%

That's the one! That is easily the hardest level of the whole series, and having to get all the crates in one go for the gem is just plain evil. No wonder they took it out, they must have realized it was just too damn hard. I still don't think it's as hard as some Donkey Kong Country levels though.

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I thought the dialogue was terrible all the way through Disc 1, but damn did the ending of Disc 1 seal it for me. Now I'm hooked. Talk about cinematic. = D

And people like Squall? Granted, I haven't gotten farther than the beginning of Disc 2, but I can't believe what a dick he can be. It almost makes me wonder how people can hate Tidus. I'm sure there's loads of character development to come, but first impressions make Squall look hard to sympathize with.

I found pretty much all of disc 1 very tedious, but i agree the end of the disc certainly makes up for it.

I agree about Squall. He kind of redeems himself towards the end of the game but for most part he just plays the miserable emo kid. Plus i hate the way he can't see Rinoa's blatant attraction towards him. Jesus, she flirts with him throughout the whole game and he never once picks up on it. It makes him appear so stupid, like he's about 12 years old and still frightened of girls or something. >_>

Raycon
7 years ago#18
Ah, I thought so. Glad I'm not the only one who thought Squall came off a little too rough. I mean, at first he was likeable cause you have Seifer being a pain, which made Squall look easier to relate to by comparison.

Now I'm starting to think it's the other way around. = /

But like you said, there's probably developments later that change that a bit.
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

razzle170286
7 years ago#19
Don't worry, Siefer becomes a bigger pain in the ass as the game goes on. By the end of the game you will hate the guy.

What's your fave GF so far? I remember Doom train being all kinds of awesome.

And speaking of Crash Bandicoot, i gave Crash 1 a little run earlier today, I was shocked to find that the game aged at all. It's still just as fun to play and despite being an early Ps1 game it still looks fantastic!

Raycon
7 years ago#20
razzle170286 posted...
Don't worry, Siefer becomes a bigger pain in the ass as the game goes on. By the end of the game you will hate the guy.

About that:
I was surprised at the beginning of Disc 2 that Seifer was acting like he won the fight? Did he forget the part where I kicked his ass BEFORE the sorceress had to step in?

>= (

What's your fave GF so far? I remember Doom train being all kinds of awesome.

Damn, you know I really don't know... To be honest, I don't think I've ever summoned a GF... I'm partial to Quetzatcotl cause he's a blatant reskin of a certain Parasite Eve enemy... >_>

An enemy, which I might add, is what nightmares were made out of! It's a love/fear relationship...

And speaking of Crash Bandicoot, i gave Crash 1 a little run earlier today, I was shocked to find that the game aged at all. It's still just as fun to play and despite being an early Ps1 game it still looks fantastic!

Damn, now I might have to give the game a go... Just got through the Jak and Daxter trilogy recently (not sure if I brought that up earlier...) and the first especially has that old Crash feel to it. Man I miss those games. = (

Is it just me, or is getting everything in Final Fantasy VIII needlessly complicated? I literally have 5 browsers open to 5 different guides just to make sure I don't miss anything. And this isn't including 3 "missables" guides I compiled into a word document (which is also open). I really hope Final Fantasy IX isn't doesn't have enemies that level up with you; staying a lower level is neat and all, but carding every enemy can be so frustrating when I know how much faster it would be to just outright murder them. This isn't even taking into account my obsession to kill 10 enemies between every pay period so my rank doesn't go down.

>= (

Damn you FFVIII. Why do you do this to me...

But going back to a previous comment, I have seen some humanity in Squall finally, so I am warming up to him. At least I'm now getting some glimpse of his internal thoughts, as opposed to the emotional blank slate that was nearly all of disc 1. ¬_¬
a tasty death - kloud 11
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20511/18 5:23PM