• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: banana360

banana360
7 years ago#1
I was able to find my old PS2 slim and play this old classic on it after so long. I was getting pretty sick of that door bug on level 4 when I played on PS3.

It's weird; as far as gameplay goes for Alien Trilogy runs fine (the music glitches out like nothing else, but the game is still playable), but when I try this on PS3 there's all kinds of weird problems.

Anyone notice any bugs when they play this on PS2? I'd appreciate any clarification on the subject. =)
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
7 years ago#2
I have that EXACT same door on level 3 problem. God is it frustrating. I wish I didn't have to survive 2 1/2 levels just to find out it wasn't going to work!

And you're right, Alien Trilogy is older, you wouldn't think it would have LESS problems (well, barring the non-working lift on that one level towards the end; someone should really figure that one out one of these days >_<)!

On the subject of things working on the PS3, do FFVIII and FFIX have known PS3 problems? Am I safer just playing it on a PS2?

Oh, and your sig perfectly describes my experience in English classes. XD
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

banana360
7 years ago#3
Wait, the door problem still exists on PS2?! :o

But, in fairness, the earlier levels are the better ones, so I don't mind replaying them as much. Not that the older levels are bad, per se. I just feel they kinda... drift away from that eerie setting the earlier levels have.

Generally the older the game, the smoother my PSone game discs seem to work.

For example, 1st spyro game, recently replayed it for 120%. No problems whatsoever. Worked PERFECTLY. Spyro 2, a few music hiccups but still fluent. Spyro 3 has numerous freezes on loading screens for me when I try to play it on PS3. =(
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice

Raycon
7 years ago#4
banana360 posted...
Wait, the door problem still exists on PS2?! :o

No, sorry meant PS3. >_<

But, in fairness, the earlier levels are the better ones, so I don't mind replaying them as much. Not that the older levels are bad, per se. I just feel they kinda... drift away from that eerie setting the earlier levels have.

I agree with this. I have a personal exception for Christie's level... that one's all kinds of dark and loves to swamp you early on. Though I admit, I love to use the rocket launcher when I get the chance. ^_^

Generally the older the game, the smoother my PSone game discs seem to work.

For example, 1st spyro game, recently replayed it for 120%. No problems whatsoever. Worked PERFECTLY. Spyro 2, a few music hiccups but still fluent. Spyro 3 has numerous freezes on loading screens for me when I try to play it on PS3. =(

You got Spyro 2 to work? The music drops out completely when I tried. Made for a very disappointing Spyro marathon (god do I love those games).
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
7 years ago#5
I know it's been a while since I was last here, but clicking my bookmark and seeing "ERROR TOPIC NOT HERE YOUR FAMILY DIES TONIGHT" or whatever it said was genuinely worrying. We've been here too long to leave, just like a bunch of squatters who refuse to leave the landlord's place when the lease is up.

I only play Resurrection on my PS2, but I haven't noticed any bugs. Not like I play it all that much though. Trilogy, however, can be a little buggy. Usually only where sound and visuals are concerned, luckily; the gameplay seems to work fine. I always thought the music glitches I got on some levels could be blamed on my second-hand scratched disc. Maybe not if you're having the same problem.

The broken elevator, however, is there regardless of the system. PS1, PS2, PC, emulated PC, Sega. Always there. Damn, I really want to know what's in that room.

I haven't played Spyro for years! ****, I remember loving those games, especially the second. Going to have to replay them soon.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
7 years ago#6
Ah, we are starting off on topic i see. ^_-

Just to clarify, Resurrection works fine on the Ps2. The level 3 door glitch only happens on the Ps3 as far as i'm aware. I have encountered another glitch door on Christie's level while playing on the Ps3, right near the end of the level! needless to say i wasn't happy considering how long the level is. >_>

Morale of the story? Don't play it on the Ps3!

xD
United Kingdom. The only country in the world were having children is a career.

banana360
7 years ago#7
Dark_Avarice posted...
I know it's been a while since I was last here, but clicking my bookmark and seeing "ERROR TOPIC NOT HERE YOUR FAMILY DIES TONIGHT" or whatever it said was genuinely worrying. We've been here too long to leave, just like a bunch of squatters who refuse to leave the landlord's place when the lease is up.

I only play Resurrection on my PS2, but I haven't noticed any bugs. Not like I play it all that much though. Trilogy, however, can be a little buggy. Usually only where sound and visuals are concerned, luckily; the gameplay seems to work fine. I always thought the music glitches I got on some levels could be blamed on my second-hand scratched disc. Maybe not if you're having the same problem.

The broken elevator, however, is there regardless of the system. PS1, PS2, PC, emulated PC, Sega. Always there. Damn, I really want to know what's in that room.

I haven't played Spyro for years! ****, I remember loving those games, especially the second. Going to have to replay them soon.

Yes, I think we were all concerned when our guild was taken down..

So it works like a charm on PS2? :D Awesome! I now have a game to play when I'm done with P3FES. =)

Yeah, I had many music issues with Trilogy, but what kind of visual troubles do you encounter?

The Spyro trilogy is one of the best things on PSone... Tough call, but I'd place it over other big PSone series' like Crash and Tomb Raider which are also great games.

The 1st is a work of art, the 2nd expanded on what made the 1st good, and added numerous fun mini-games, and the 3rd expanded on these mini-games and added a few decent characters...
And then the series went on PS2... ._.
Yikes.

Raycon
7 years ago#8
I know it's been a while since I was last here, but clicking my bookmark and seeing "ERROR TOPIC NOT HERE YOUR FAMILY DIES TONIGHT"

I can hardly believe it. I feel pretty bad, as we were so close on that one, and it was your topic. If it's any consolation, since banana took over this time, I think it's only fair you get the next as some form of compensation for the lost progress. = /

My favorite part about the second was finding way to get around the forced backtracking. The first level for instance, if you're really handy with the superfly gate (the one that makes you fly -_-), you can completely bypass needing to know how to climb a ladder and get all the gems on that level. ^_^

I also loved the permanent superflame gate you get for finding 100%... and then the ability to start a whole new game with permanent superflame. ^_^

Ah, we are starting off on topic i see. ^_-

This sentence confused the hell out of me for some reason. >_<

Just to clarify, Resurrection works fine on the Ps2. The level 3 door glitch only happens on the Ps3 as far as i'm aware. I have encountered another glitch door on Christie's level while playing on the Ps3, right near the end of the level! needless to say i wasn't happy considering how long the level is. >_>

Damn, that would have killed me. How did you get around the level 3 door? Does that one cheat let you skip levels?

And I don't know if anyone's used the god mode cheat on Alien Trilogy (I think this was brought up before), but did it have the habit of not playing the end game movie for anyone else? It wasn't until I finally replayed the game fair and square that I realized there was a movie when you beat the game. Caught me completely off guard.

So it works like a charm on PS2? :D Awesome! I now have a game to play when I'm done with P3FES. =)

I've only played it on the PS2, and aside from the infinitely spawning alien points (the ones we've brought up before), I've never had any trouble.

The Spyro trilogy is one of the best things on PSone... Tough call, but I'd place it over other big PSone series' like Crash and Tomb Raider which are also great games.

I prefer Spyro to Crash, but I love both dearly. Regrettably, I never played the first Crash through to completion, and my disc of Crash 2 had a scratch that made getting one gem impossible (broke my heart). Have to go back and get a working copy one day... But Crash 3 was just all-around awesome.

Never played Tomb Raider, sadly... I hear so many good things. I've no doubt got it on my list, but that's an already overflowing list.

= /

Also, only five "quote" tags in one message? What gives? I can understand if they were embedded, but they're completely blocked off! Argh...

Finally started FFVIII. My god is this game complex. I must have spent hours just trying to figure everything out. What kind of Final Fantasy game gets harder as you go up in levels? Who thought that this was a good idea!? I have discovered the card game/collecting unfortunately... and my god is it addicting as hell. I must have challenged the same little girl for 3 hours straight just trying to get all her cards. I realize in hindsight that sentence sounds pretty dirty. >_>

All in all, I'm enjoying the game. Especially the soundtrack. Why don't they make music like this anymore!?
a tasty death - kloud 11

User Info: Lilisphere

Lilisphere
7 years ago#9
Honestly VIII is not as complicated as it seems to be. I swear the game makes it look much, much more complex than it is.

Basically, get the most powerful spells you have and put them on your stats/junction thingy. You have to make sure that stat is unlocked with a GF you have equipped though.

User Info: Nakrophile

Nakrophile
7 years ago#10
wait what happened?

anyway... as my PS1 died years ago I haven't found any problems with paying any old games on the PS2. Certainly Resurrection is fine, and didn't notice anything on Trilogy either. But what, a ending sequence when you complete it? I have never seen that, I don't think.

Also, Spyro: yes. On a similar subject ratchet and Clank is a series I very much adore, though I obviously haven't played the PS3 series and there are two games on the PS2 I haven't seen and which are expensive online.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon19711/10 11:31AM