• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
8 years ago#471

Alien Trilogy should have been multiplayer, I would have liked that. Or co-cp, that would be fun. Even Resurrection might be more enjoyable as a co-op game.

YES. That would be so ****ing awesome. Can you even imagine!? Especially Resurrection- the difficulty's definitely steeped enough to compensate.

And it's more like aim assist rather than auto-aim. As far as I can tell, the only help is that the reticule will move slightly slower when over an enemy player (than when it moves over the background). Though it never helped me out much, save for occasionally picking out an enemy player hiding in a bush (by noticing the slight slow-down). >_>
"Also kind of amusing that he says the 360 is fully BC with original Xbox games."
"Why? Except for some exceptions, it's true."-Sailor Goon

User Info: banana360

banana360
8 years ago#472
razzle170286 posted...
Just to scare you a bit Banana, the speed tunnel level your referring to in Battletoads is actually one of the easiest levels in the game. Its just a very small sample of the insanity that comes later. -_-''

What?! ****ing hell! =0
Then again, I always played with a friend under the delusion that having 2 people boosts your chances when in fact the opposite is true. >.<

Also, today, I tried to pull a smart one in GAME I asked one of the attendants who was very involved seeing if he could help I even had a small conversation about games with him like I would with a friend. I saw Dead Space, rated 18, I'm 16 but I'm tall and deep voiced for my age so I asked if he'd believe me if I said he was 18. They have a "challenge 21 policy" they need identification. >.< Rats!
PSN: banana360boy
Light travels faster than sound. Is that why you see sonic, a cool, fast hedgehog and then you hear him speak and think "WTF"?

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
8 years ago#473
If Resurrection was Co-Op you could actually have someone watch your bck when you pick up health packs and turn valves/press switches. I have no idea why picking up a health kit pissed those aliens off so much, they didn't care nearly as much when I killed the queen.

In Australia, you can buy any and all games as soon as you're 15 years old. Yes. I think you made a mistake asking whether he would believe you though, if you were >18 would you ask that?

Raycon
8 years ago#474
I have no idea why picking up a health kit pissed those aliens off so much, they didn't care nearly as much when I killed the queen.

They probably use the health kits as as bait for traps like the one they set in the movie with the gun. That's the only rational explanation I can come up with. = /

But yeah, don't know if it's like when I worked at Wal-Mart, but I was required to ask people for ID for age-restricted items, even if they were using a walker. Some people didn't take too kindly to that...
"Also kind of amusing that he says the 360 is fully BC with original Xbox games."

Dark_Avarice
8 years ago#475
I remember walking through those hallways with the turn wheel at either end. As soon as I turned it I turned around because Aliens would jump through the doors more often than not.

It's somewhat ironic that in Alien Trilogy Ripley was this almost unstoppable badasss, capable of cutting aliens to shreds easily, when in Resurrection she was fighting for her life almost everytime an alien appeared. Ripley was meant to be tougher in Resurrection, according to the film. Guess the aliens got tougher too...

Did you have to ask people who were obviously 80 years old for ID? Here the rule is mostly "ask if you're suspicious" but most stores won't ask if you look even remotely close to 18, probably because they don't want to lose customers.

I typed a response to this two days ago... guess I didn't post it though.

Raycon
8 years ago#476
Ripley was meant to be tougher in Resurrection, according to the film. Guess the aliens got tougher too...

XD

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
8 years ago#477
Raycon posted...
And it's more like aim assist rather than auto-aim.

Yeah, aim assist is a better way to put it. What i meant is when you look through the scope the reticule actually 'sticks' to the target automatically. That's why you have these kids running around with sniper rifles shooting people at point blank range. You will see it a lot on the kill cam, they barley even have to bring the scope up then aim assist takes over and then bang your dead.

I have seen elderly been asked for identification a few times. It's quite amusing, the person asking must be brain dead.
" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"

Dark_Avarice
8 years ago#478
Either that or the boss will yell at them for not checking "That guy might have been 13 and you didn't check! What if the police find out, boy?"

So the developers think they're players can't be trusted to aim properly, or more so, that they will get angry at having to show any kind of hand eye co-ordination and move to a rival game series. That's my conclusion.

What do you think of family gatherings? I have to attend one today, because it's "Too important!" for me to miss out on. I hate these events, and try everything short of licking the wall of a public shower to get sick in order to avoid them. Such an utter waste of time, and I don't like to spend too much time even with people I like, let alone people I can only tolerate.

Not the best weekend I've had, though the 50 degree weather is nice.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
8 years ago#479
Ugh family gatherings, i feel your pain i hate them too. Its even worse when certain family members can't stand each other, usually the women. Thankfully for me family get togethers don't happen to often, but when they do i always try to get out of going too.

And Raycon, i don't know if your aware of a game for the PSP called The 3rd Birthday? The game is pretty much Parasite Eve 3 or so i have read, you even play as Aya Brea. If you have a PSP you might wanna check it out.
" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"

Raycon
8 years ago#480
I like my family gatherings, but I've got a pretty cool family. They're always having fun and laughing about something, so it's easy to sit back and listen in. Though the fact that I only see them twice a year might have something to do with that.

And Raycon, i don't know if your aware of a game for the PSP called The 3rd Birthday? The game is pretty much Parasite Eve 3 or so i have read, you even play as Aya Brea. If you have a PSP you might wanna check it out.

I was disappointed with what I've heard. The story sounds... awful (an enemy called "The Twisted"?). Not to mention I've been told it's not really "Aya" in the story; just her consciousness. You actually control soldiers using her mind, but the images changes to Aya for player convenience, and isn't a reflection of the actual game.

Ranting aside, from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like a PE game, so I'm going to pass (they actually avoid using PE in the title to avoid copyright issues or something). Though to be honest, I've been disappointed with just about everything Square Enix has put out (looks at KHII >_>). When Square decides to make a real PE game, I'll be all over it.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20511/18 5:23PM

GameFAQs Answers