• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
8 years ago#461
I managed to try out a 3DS at a local game store, and wow, within a few minutes i had a headache. I don't know if its just me who can't handle it, but the 3D effect seems really strong to me and gives me eye strain. >_> The game i played was Pilotwings Resort, which wasn't anything special. I just hope the 3D isn't as strong on all other games.

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins at the moment. My local game store is having a buy one get one half price on all used games, so i got it half price for £3.49! I can't argue with a price like that! And its not a bad game to be honest, despite being a EA game. It plays like a poor mans Oblivion with a 3rd person perspective, but all in all its not a bad game.
" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
8 years ago#462
I managed to try out a 3DS at a local game store, and wow, within a few minutes i had a headache.

I've heard this mentioned before, that other people might also have this problem. The 3DS (last I heard) was supposed to come with the option to disable the 3D (or reduce it to your liking). I haven't tried one myself, so don't hold me to that...
"Also kind of amusing that he says the 360 is fully BC with original Xbox games."
"Why? Except for some exceptions, it's true."-Sailor Goon

razzle170286
8 years ago#463
Your right Raycon, their is a slider to adjust the 3d effect which is pretty damn impressive to say the least. I got another chance to have a go on one while shopping over the weekend, and with a bit of tweaking you can get the 3d just right. It looks really good when you find the sweet spot on the slider. Turned all the way up it gives you double vision though...

I ended up buying Crysis 2 and i'm loving it. The first shooter in years to focus on singleplayer more than multi, which is refreshing. The best thing about the single player is the freedom it gives you to get through the levels. The levels are so wide open, giving you many options as to how you want to get through the level, instead of CoD style run from A to B. One of the longest single player campaigns i have played this gen clocking in at around 12-14 hours, which is great considering all other FPS always skimp on the single player portion. The big action sequences are just jaw dropping in parts and the graphics seem to keep getting better as i play.

Raycon
8 years ago#464
with a bit of tweaking you can get the 3d just right.

That's good to hear. It's also nice to know that 3D isn't necessary at all to play the device. ; )

One of the longest single player campaigns i have played this gen clocking in at around 12-14 hours, which is great considering all other FPS always skimp on the single player portion.

That's unusual plus for a shooter- I'm somewhat surprised, as I wasn't too taken with the first Crysis, but hopefully this one pans out, especially if it's as good as you say it is.

Unfortunately, it'll be low on my list; still waiting to get a chance to play Dead Space 2- I keep seeing it in stores- it's so agonizing. = (
"Also kind of amusing that he says the 360 is fully BC with original Xbox games."

Raycon
8 years ago#465
Just found out my computer can run 64 games. I'm thoroughly enjoying replaying Jet Force Gemini (barring Spider, possibly my favorite game ever). But god, it's so much harder on a keyboard- it was definitely not made to simulate analog sticks.

Other than that, not much going on here...

razzle170286
8 years ago#466
I finished Crysis 2 the other night, and its safe to say its certainly raised the bar for console shooters. I was a bit disappointed with the the difficulty though, even on the hardest setting the game wasn't much of a challenge. But then again, not many games are difficult these days.

The multiplayer has potential, but at the moment has alot of problems. Its P2P, no servers and the lag is some of the worst i have seen this gen. The spawn system is a total joke, in team deathmatch i had some one spawn right on top of my head! Unless they release a patch for it, i'm not going to bother with it.

At least when you do finally get your hands on Dead Space 2, it will have dropped in price quite a bit eh? that's one bonus of having to wait i suppose.

I still have my N64, infact i still have Jet Force Gemini too. One of my fave games for the N64 was Blast Corps, damn that game was fantastic.

Raycon
8 years ago#467
But then again, not many games are difficult these days.

This is very true. It seems most games these days lower the difficulty in an attempt to cater to a larger (slightly) more casual audience? I know playstation games that were harder than games nowadays- and don't get me started on NES games *flashback of ghouls and goblins*

User Info: banana360

banana360
8 years ago#468
Raycon posted...
But then again, not many games are difficult these days.

This is very true. It seems most games these days lower the difficulty in an attempt to cater to a larger (slightly) more casual audience? I know playstation games that were harder than games nowadays- and don't get me started on NES games *flashback of ghouls and goblins*

Gah! I remember my days of Battletoads, That turbo tunnel. Then I hear it's not even the hardest level. >.<
PSN: banana360boy
Light travels faster than sound. Is that why you see sonic, a cool, fast hedgehog and then you hear him speak and think "WTF"?

razzle170286
8 years ago#469
Yep, games have very little to no challenge at all these days, and i also think its mainly due to cater to the casual gamer.

Since the start of this gen we have seen a massive influx of casual gamers thanks to games like Call of Duty. That's why the kids and casuals love their online shooters because they are dumbed down and so easy to play. Like with CoD, you don't even need to aim! just look in someones general direction... and bang, auto aim takes over! Auto aim in a competitive online shooter? are you kidding me!?! and the kids playing have the nerve to say they have skills? wow...

Just to scare you a bit Banana, the speed tunnel level your referring to in Battletoads is actually one of the easiest levels in the game. Its just a very small sample of the insanity that comes later. -_-''

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
8 years ago#470
Wait, they use auto-aim online? Really? What's all this **** I have to hear about being skilled then? "Oh, my CoD skills are way better than that guys!"

Alien Trilogy should have been multiplayer, I would have liked that. Or co-cp, that would be fun. Even Resurrection might be more enjoyable as a co-op game.

I've seen people wearing Call of Duty shirts. Yes. I said that. What kind of idiot would wear a shirt with "Call of Duty" pasted over some guns on it? I would be embarassed if anyone saw me in one of those.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20611/21 8:04PM

GameFAQs Answers