• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Can someone clear this up for me?

User Info: iMpLuX

iMpLuX
9 years ago#481
Sucks you still have to go to college. I bet K-12 is out but since you're at college and they have dorms and all that you still have to go. My younger brother goes to NC State and while all the lower grades were cancelled, he still had college.

Also another UK question, what's the difference between a Pound and a Quid?
This used to be my own world, But now I've lost control
Delight and Angers, I guess that's the way it's supposed to be...

User Info: banana360

banana360
9 years ago#482
We use SLIGHTLY different things i.e. instead of mom we use mum, we spell favourite and colour differently. I think we spell grey differently too.

A pound and a quid is basically the same thing.

Think of like a dollar and a buck... if that makes it easier.

Although quid is more... used in England.
We have use pence instead of cents, too.

We don't have quarters though.

Just 1p 2p 5p 10p 20p 50p £1 £2 I think we have 5 pound coins but... they're quite rare.
Beyond that we use notes ten pound, 20 pound, 50 pound and I think we have one hundred pound notes too.

Note really a fan of cookery programmes so I don't know much about Gordon Ramsey.

I... don't really watch much TV... just family guy, American dad, and sometimes star trek... =/

That any help...?
Bear-so-na.

User Info: iMpLuX

iMpLuX
9 years ago#483
^ Yes, Thank You.

It seems that you like American shows more than UK Shows. I don't care much for cooking shows either but there's just something about Ramsay that makes me watch diligently. Must be the swearing and getting into heated arguments w/ ppl.

I also LOVE Star Trek. What series do you watch or is it the new movie you like? I hated the new movie and feel like the Star Trek I know and love is long gone, replaced by something made for the masses. Well hopefully more ppl will be interested in Space now and Warp Drive is around the corner, because I don't care much for Earth and would love to travel the stars. I often feel like I was born 400 years too early since I wish I could be in Starfleet since I'm 25 and don't know what the heck I'm going to do w/ my life. Starfleet would have given me purpose in life. I'm just not going to fight Bush's war since we never should have gotten involved in the first place, but it was all to line the pockets of the rich.

War - it buries the Poor and feeds the Rich.

Also the new Star Trek Online games look cool. Anybody have it or do you know the monthly price their charging? Probably $9.95/month?
This used to be my own world, But now I've lost control
Delight and Angers, I guess that's the way it's supposed to be...

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
9 years ago#484
5 pound note = Lady ga diver ( weird i know )
10 pound note = ten fold or ten spot
20 pound note = Henry the 8th ( no joke )

and thats just off the top of me bonce! (bonce = head) xD

These are the one's i hear the most, thier's so many different accents and slang for things, some are really silly...

" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"

banana360
9 years ago#485
Heh heh.

As I say, I don't watch much TV. I like all series of star trek (except that anime series, assuming it counts). Although the original series and next gen are my favourites.

I wonder if we will invent warp travel and met Vulcans and shoot Klingons and have... intercourse with aliens... the world is no longer our oyster... the UNIVERSE is.

I wish.

Wow, razzle, I'd never heard those terms for money before.
Interesting.
Bear-so-na.

User Info: Dark_Avarice

Dark_Avarice
9 years ago#486
Heh, the Australian money system is simple. We use cents and dollars. 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100.

We don't call any of it "Henry the Eighth" either... that was an amusing name for money.

User Info: g0tek

g0tek
9 years ago#487
Wait this is supposed to be abuout Alien Resurection....
-Pray for peace prepare for war.

User Info: g0tek

g0tek
9 years ago#488
lol this is the longest lasting topic for such an old game I have ever seen!

Funny story: When this game came out I was visiting my mom, and we did not have a lot of time to spend so she asked me to come to work with her. At the time she worked at a retirement (leave your parents to die) home. Well I brought my playstation and this game just in case she was to busy to hang out, ended up being that she was. So I hooked this game right up to the living area TV and started playing it. As you can imagine all those poor old people were none to pleased that they had Xenos running around on their TV! I actually got some pretty dirty comments from those old farts! Man what a jerk I was.

Oh yeah stop raggin on the predator. Aliens and Predator have a long history together. http://alienlovespredator.com/
-Pray for peace prepare for war.

banana360
9 years ago#489
This is more than just an old game...
Granted that we went off-topic from time to time but there is a certain something in this game that you can't get in modern first person shooters.

Sure, the flood or whatever those things are from halo can takeover your body but when a small spider-like thing comes at you (bear in mind you're alone in game while chief has the arbiter to help him). IIf you've seen the film you'll know what they do once they get on your face and what happens later.

I've never actually seen predator, not really interested. But AvP is likely to help towards colonial marines... that's why I'm getting it, well, razzle said good things about it too.
Bear-so-na.

User Info: razzle170286

razzle170286
9 years ago#490
AvP just a score of 8.5 from IGN, i can't wait for it!

Banana , are you getting Ps3 or 360 version? if your getting 360 we can team up on a bug hunt. ^_^

and a quick news update... i have finished AR at last! So thats about 3 or 4 people who have actually finished the game, yay! much rejoicing!

And were nearly at 500 men, i can see the top of the mountain!
" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"
  1. Boards
  2. Alien Resurrection
  3. Can someone clear this up for me?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
It's lonely on the NostromoRaycon20511/18 5:23PM

GameFAQs Answers