• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation
  3. Is the English subtitle version on Steam up-to-date? Is it censored?

User Info: gilgaRe

gilgaRe
1 month ago#1
I had it at one point and it was nice to be able to understand everything, but I deleted it because it wasn't up-to-date with the Japanese version.

User Info: Ad-vice

Ad-vice
1 month ago#2
The Steam version isn't censored.
Yes, it is still behind in content since the DMM version has been out over a year before it. However, you can't exactly access past DMM content(besides some permanent additions). Since it's a gacha game everything is released over time(to keep players playing) and you have to be there during those times to experience most of it. If you weren't playing DMM already then the Steam version is perfectly fine to start with and is the only way to experience what you missed on DMM already. The Steam version will always be behind, however it looks like it will keep being built up over time the same way DMM was, so it's like you use a one-way time machine to get to experience what you missed and there's no shortcuts to get what you remember being in the present/future.

You could always play both to get the most out of the game, however multiple gacha games are a nightmare.

User Info: gilgaRe

gilgaRe
1 month ago#3
Does it have Kanna yet?

Ad-vice
1 month ago#4
gilgaRe posted...
Does it have Kanna yet?
No, not yet. If you're going to wait for her to release/be free then you will be way behind when she does. You could be building your level/materials/V Stones to even try for her all while enjoying the rest of the game instead of starting fresh with nothing and be stuck grinding while waiting for her to show up again in a non-paid gacha.

User Info: VincentStein

VincentStein
3 days ago#5
Ad-vice posted...
No, not yet. If you're going to wait for her to release/be free then you will be way behind when she does. You could be building your level/materials/V Stones to even try for her all while enjoying the rest of the game instead of starting fresh with nothing and be stuck grinding while waiting for her to show up again in a non-paid gacha.
This is one of the main reasons why I started playing it but I noticed Kanna isn't there. Also how long of a wait we talkin vice? Bout a year? Year and a half? And she's free through a event or is locked behind gacha? Lastly, I was thinking bout just sticking to this game instead of X3. It's the only reason why I have kept the soystation. VV is better than X3 right?
Is this the choice of Stein's Gate?

Ad-vice
3 days ago#6
VincentStein posted...
This is one of the main reasons why I started playing it but I noticed Kanna isn't there. Also how long of a wait we talkin vice? Bout a year? Year and a half? And she's free through a event or is locked behind gacha? Lastly, I was thinking bout just sticking to this game instead of X3. It's the only reason why I have kept the soystation. VV is better than X3 right?
Kanna first has to release on Steam as a Paid-Only character for a few months (usually around 3), then she will start getting added to Trendy gachas you can use free V-stones on (the reason you want to stock up in advance). VV and X3 are too different to really compare. VV limits you to RNG gacha draws so you're never guaranteed to get what you want for your favorite girl even if you're crazy enough to pay. Frequent disappointment/frustration for some players is common. It is the only DOA game still receiving support though so if you follow the franchise/like the girls then it's currently the best(only) place to be for new content featuring them (and it's F2P). X3 is nice in that you can actually play the mini-games, share pretty much all suits across all girls, and you can directly grind for exactly what you want with no RNG nonsense. There's also VR and the Poledances are still not in VV, etc. VV does have mods though which is great.

User Info: VincentStein

VincentStein
3 days ago#7
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I can't wait for Kanna to release.
Is this the choice of Stein's Gate?
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation
  3. Is the English subtitle version on Steam up-to-date? Is it censored?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A