• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: daveynopenope

daveynopenope
1 month ago#1
I played this game already but my knowledge of it is blurry. I'm hoping to get advice on what skills are the best. My priority is powering through the story, and raising 200 different types of digimon, and completing all collesium competitions
drink some water

User Info: SniperOX

SniperOX
1 month ago#2
daveynopenope posted...
I played this game already but my knowledge of it is blurry. I'm hoping to get advice on what skills are the best. My priority is powering through the story, and raising 200 different types of digimon, and completing all collesium competitions
I don't have a clear memory of the game myself. Although, for what I remember, at the start, the ability to guard against attacks during battles is very important. In fact, guarding costs less order points compared to many skills while halving the damage taken (and later reducing it to 1HP lost). Couple that with buffing skill like Muscle Charge (if I am not mistaken), many enemies with their names displayed in red can be taken down.

Neglecting such great assets at the beginning is what makes life harder for many players who will then find themselves grinding more than they should.

User Info: Mynash

Mynash
1 month ago#3
^- Agreed. The guard skill is one of the most important ones to get; if you time it right, you can order your partners to guard right before an enemy hits them with their special attack and it greatly decreases the damage.

I don't have the list of tamer skills to see what else is good for your playstyle, but IIRC I focused on increasing the partner's parameters after digivolving, learning enemy moves, HP & MP regeneration while walking and passing on the partner's stats. Basically, I wanted to get my digimon powered up as fast as possible while also ensuring the next generation gets a good head-start.

I ignored skills like cooking or gym training until the very end because I never used them much.
Kranky's FFXV picture blog: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
"Bring on the boom-boom!!" ~ Sheldon J. Plankton
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A