• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World: Next Order
  3. When did Digimon starts getting worse? (Animated series)

User Info: ZavierTheHunter

ZavierTheHunter
7 months ago#41
qwertyMrJINX posted...
Oh, it always had its ups and downs. Adventure was great, then Adventure 02 was objectively awful in almost every way.

Then Tamers was fantastic. Then Frontier was less so. Some people insist that Frontier was the low point, but I strongly disagree with that. It didn't reach the highs that Adventure or Tamers did, but I think the show was still more good than not. The big issue is just the rushed ending, skipping a lot of the characters' evolutions.

Then of course, Savers was phenomenal. My personal favorite, though I understand why some prefer Adventure or Tamers.

I liked Xros Wars well enough, though I admittedly never finished it. Had to stop around 30-ish episodes in, for reasons unrelated to the show itself. Never watched Hunters, because why would I watch the sequel without finishing the first?

Then Appmon was just... really bad. It didn't feel like Digimon, it felt like one of those Digimon knock-offs, like Future Card BuddyFight, or Yokai Watch.

So yeah, ups and downs. They f***in' sprung a Digimon Adventure remake up on Hulu. Nobody's talking about it, so I'm assuming nobody else knew about it either. Haven't started watching it yet. Haven't even started Tri yet... probably should.

Bruh, the Adventure remake anime has been discussed almost everywhere. You're just slow.

You should watch it.
Here is a wild signature in its natural habitat. Oh wait, that's not a signature...i-it's GRAND METROPOLIS!

User Info: muur

muur
7 months ago#42
demonfang178 posted...
Was referring to the Dora the Explorer movie. Didn't even know we had a Frontier movie. What's with this series and movies that aren't canon?

has never been stated to be non canon.

nothing in digimon has ever been stated to be non canon, for that matter.

qwertyMrJINX posted...

Then Appmon was just... really bad. It didn't feel like Digimon, it felt like one of those Digimon knock-offs, like Future Card BuddyFight, or Yokai Watch.

because appmon isnt digimon.

also like the other guy said, 2020 anime has been all over the place. it trends on twitter when it airs.

its a reboot, not a remake, btw.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: PCN24454

PCN24454
2 months ago#43
There's a lot nostalgia behind OG Adventure.

User Info: daveynopenope

daveynopenope
1 month ago#44
I believe digimon is tailored to a certain age group and that once you reach a certain age of maturity it starts to become boring. i.e: i really enjoyed the very first season of digimon. I went back recently and tried to watch it. the voice acting and plot holes were a huge turn off. So i turned it off
drink some water

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
1 month ago#45
daveynopenope posted...
I believe digimon is tailored to a certain age group and that once you reach a certain age of maturity it starts to become boring. i.e: i really enjoyed the very first season of digimon. I went back recently and tried to watch it. the voice acting and plot holes were a huge turn off. So i turned it off
Have you considered watching it subbed? English dubs in general from that era haven't aged well, but watching the shows in Japanese is much more pleasant.
There ain't nothing to get, you just gotta have that shine

User Info: PCN24454

PCN24454
3 weeks ago#46
qwertyMrJINX posted...
Have you considered watching it subbed? English dubs in general from that era haven't aged well, but watching the shows in Japanese is much more pleasant.
It's funny how much dialogue the dub adds sometimes. The quiet can be refreshing after a certain point.
I hate everybody.

User Info: PSDragonRngr01

PSDragonRngr01
3 weeks ago#47
PCN24454 posted...
It's funny how much dialogue the dub adds sometimes. The quiet can be refreshing after a certain point.

I have a theory that the writers must have been paid by the edit, since even when they didn't have to make a change they still did. Tamers in particular struck me as odd that way (Ruki Makino <-> Rika Nonaka, really?).
The flame of courage, the light of wisdom, the strength of justice, the guardians of life. This is what a Ranger is...
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World: Next Order
  3. When did Digimon starts getting worse? (Animated series)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A