• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World: Next Order
  3. When did Digimon starts getting worse? (Animated series)

User Info: VictourieFlake

VictourieFlake
1 year ago#1
Which cause the downfall of it?

I know option #7 is a huge slap to most Digimon fans but they started getting worse at around season 5 when Savers came in; I personally enjoyed Savers to a certain extent but I didn't get this digimon click feeling like how I used to with the previous series (Aside from the atrocious 02 series)

User Info: muur

muur
1 year ago#2
I'd say hunters is the only terrible one, whilst I dont count appmon as digimon.

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
1 year ago#3
Every series before Xros Wars had redeeming qualities even if Frontier and Savers were a drop in quality they both really picked up later on in their respective series.
3DS Friend Code: 2166-0919-1962

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#4
karmaepsilon posted...
Every series before Xros Wars had redeeming qualities even if Frontier and Savers were a drop in quality they both really picked up later on in their respective series.

I agree with this.

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
1 year ago#5
Nine_Tails137 posted...
karmaepsilon posted...

I agree with this.

Xros Wars was just "What if we did worse-Naruto-x2 in our Universe as protagonists?"
3DS Friend Code: 2166-0919-1962

User Info: IMONFIREGUY

IMONFIREGUY
1 year ago#6
Are we not including Tri in this?

User Info: Gaedo9

Gaedo9
1 year ago#7
Hunters is really terrible and Tri seems a shoujo series. Appli monsters (or just Appmon) pleasantly surprised me, although the ending it's too dark In my opinion. Fingers crossed they will make a sequel to appmon.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: demonfang178

demonfang178
1 year ago#8
Technically Frontier because it comes after Tamers, but otherwise Data Squad. Easily Data Squad.

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#9
karmaepsilon posted...
Nine_Tails137 posted...
karmaepsilon posted...

I agree with this.

Xros Wars was just "What if we did worse-Naruto-x2 in our Universe as protagonists?"

Well, I did like Shoutmon, and OmniShoutmon, and Even Cutemon and Dorulumon had a pretty solid Design. Even DeckerGreymon was awesome, Although there were a lot of things that left me scratching my head.

But what apparently saved Digimon Xros Wars from being cancelled, were Toy sales. Even though Japan got the Better Xros Wars Toys.

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
1 year ago#10
Frontier, definitely. Tamers is basically the peak of the series, Adventure and 02 were about equal with Adventure slightly edging it out.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416 Official R.O.B. of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World: Next Order
  3. When did Digimon starts getting worse? (Animated series)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A