• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Garland hype/appreciation thread.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 weeks ago#81
True enough. It definitely is possible and I could see that as well. That said I would still say it's a bit of an empathy issue with the board in that some people really are waaay too tightly wound up about others acting immature. Doubly so for a forum about playing video games.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: Dias

Dias
3 weeks ago#82
Hlz321 posted...
Of course not. It's just that you can cheese some fights if the orb doesn't require them to get a turn. Later you can use CoD BT to abuse Terra LD the same way. Something like this:

https://youtu.be/qH-C8010AjY?t=315

Note that Terra is already three months old in this video and only gets her HA+ one month later.

But it's not because she can abuse Yang/CoD that she's not worth it without them. Think of Terra with LD/BT as someone who can use 4 smaller BT phases and one real BT phase. She is just that good.

I'm going to get Terra BT, be it with tokens or gems, and Yang LD is just a maybe for me, I'm kind of tired of cheesing content, I want to see what the bosses can do. Except El Nacho LC, that's just ridiculous.

For me, I think I'll be using Terra until Vaan rework, which comes roughly one month before Luf+. Terra gets her HA+ a few days later, when Yuna gets her LD/BT and Yuna is another favorite for me.

That is kind of crazy. Does COD and Yang's follow up attack work together?
PSN:Syhyginae
Makes no difference to me, straight, ***, bi, it's all meat hon color me carnivorous and horny. -Ryofu Housen from Ikkitousen Manga.

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
3 weeks ago#83
Dias posted...
They do but who the heck is going to provide the aura if you're bringing Terra, CoD, and Yang?

ellis123
3 weeks ago#84
Dias posted...
Yes but you wouldn't do it. Part of the reason that Terra/CoD are doing relevant damage at all is that they have Cecil's buffs active. It's the same with Yang as well: you need a solid BT-level buff to go along with them in order to see legit damage. If you just have the follow ups you're going to end up with a ton of visuals but no real damage.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: kratosandzelos

kratosandzelos
3 weeks ago#85
ellis123 posted...
Yes but you wouldn't do it. Part of the reason that Terra/CoD are doing relevant damage at all is that they have Cecil's buffs active. It's the same with Yang as well: you need a solid BT-level buff to go along with them in order to see legit damage. If you just have the follow ups you're going to end up with a ton of visuals but no real damage.
To be fair you could in theory achieve that same kind of result using calls on Yang to keep Terra and his LD follow up hitting good

ellis123
3 weeks ago#86
Not really. You need *very* potent auras/buffs in order to do relevant damage and none of the CA's really perform so well as to really pull it off. In this case just consider what they have on that run: Cecil LD/BT buffs + Imperil/imbue, Kurasame CA, Gabranth CA, and Ignis CA. That's four slots taken on pure buffs/debuffs and despite that neither Terra nor CoD are capping damage despite that (though with three enemies they are well over capping for actual BRV). Removing Cecil from the equation would utterly destroy their damage as they *already* are doing about as good as they can for damage. Yeah you could throw in Jack to increase the BRV DMG side of things but you should already be able to tell just from how it is now: Jack CA isn't as good as absolutely everything Cecil does + an entire second CA. Running in Yang would be fun for the animations, but it *really* isn't Lufe viable at all. You need the buffs. Cecil is optional in the sense that you can run any strong buffer in his slot, it's just that there aren't any that come even into the same world as Cecil's auras and the imperil + imbue is just too good versus any of the ones that even make the attempts.
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: redalerter

redalerter
3 weeks ago#87
ellis123 posted...
Not really. You need *very* potent auras/buffs in order to do relevant damage and none of the CA's really perform so well as to really pull it off. In this case just consider what they have on that run: Cecil LD/BT buffs + Imperil/imbue, Kurasame CA, Gabranth CA, and Ignis CA. That's four slots taken on pure buffs/debuffs and despite that neither Terra nor CoD are capping damage despite that (though with three enemies they are well over capping for actual BRV). Removing Cecil from the equation would utterly destroy their damage as they *already* are doing about as good as they can for damage. Yeah you could throw in Jack to increase the BRV DMG side of things but you should already be able to tell just from how it is now: Jack CA isn't as good as absolutely everything Cecil does + an entire second CA. Running in Yang would be fun for the animations, but it *really* isn't Lufe viable at all. You need the buffs. Cecil is optional in the sense that you can run any strong buffer in his slot, it's just that there aren't any that come even into the same world as Cecil's auras and the imperil + imbue is just too good versus any of the ones that even make the attempts.
Well, 3 CAs can do a lot if they're the right ones (jack/hope/krile, with krile being on yang), those 3 give around 150% brv dmg up and -50% def. Terra also has a minor def down.

But ya all that basically puts them on par with pecils BT/LD/AA effect (without def down but with hp dmg up)

ellis123
3 weeks ago#88
Ye, like with CA's you can get relatively far but, as you said, every CA used basically *just* puts them on par with just the Cecil kit. Factor in that the run in question is also running three CA's to get even further ahead it's pretty extreme to think that you can just skip on Cecil and do the same work. While you can potentially get some damage and can make it work if Yang + CoD had synergy together it just isn't a feasible thing to go with. You need an aura-bot and Cecil is the god-king of aura bots while Terra is still a viable option.
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: p3pdrake

p3pdrake
3 weeks ago#89
Is Cecil still really the best aura-bot when Serah got buffed? :P though I guess he wins out by having a BT
DFFOO [GL]: 111555884 (Kuja support)

User Info: redalerter

redalerter
3 weeks ago#90
p3pdrake posted...
Is Cecil still really the best aura-bot when Serah got buffed? :P though I guess he wins out by having a BT
Not for long 😈 k, maybe for long, but not forever
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Garland hype/appreciation thread.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A