• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: HatchetRyda

HatchetRyda
3 weeks ago#1
Looked for a topic about him couldn't find one. Throwing tickets for Sahz I got Raijins Ex. I dunno anything about him. Looking at his kit he has Lightning element and weakens enemy to his element and I think the S2 does splash dmg? Based on current characters how good/bad is he? I really wanted a support/heal type char bu if his dmg is good enough I might consider building him.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 weeks ago#2
He is an enabler in that he makes it extremely easy to hit 9999's if you do physical damage (RIP The Emperor). So for characters that have trouble hitting high numbers on specific skills (such as Leo) he is pretty much godsend. If that isn't good enough he also has the generic imperil benefit of letting you ignore type resistances as well as letting you constantly stun as an AoE (every third action is *very* constant...).

Even if you don't plan on using him now you can always just build him up when you want him as he is fairly optimal in several stages including some Lufenia ones. Overall he is one of our better characters right now and he kind of sticks to that for a long while.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: xKazerux

xKazerux
3 weeks ago#3
I got his EX too while going for Sazh through tickets. Didn't get Sazh, but I was wondering if Raijin will still be good around the time Lightning's LD/BT comes around if I wait until then to finish his kit. I might end up completing his EX+ naturally though since I'm still pulling with whatever tickets I can get trying to nab Sazh, and don't wanna use my currently low power stones unless he's super worth it.
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png

User Info: Venger2112

Venger2112
3 weeks ago#4
Hes even better than Sazh
El Psy Kongroo
Tu-tu-ruuu~

User Info: Gameandwatch2

Gameandwatch2
3 weeks ago#5
Burned all of my tickets trying to get his EX after getting Sazh's rather quickly, so I guess I begrudgingly shall wait until he comes back on Lightning's banner.

He's definitely still relevant at that time as his kit has a ton of utility.
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291

User Info: Luckstrife

Luckstrife
3 weeks ago#6
Venger2112 posted...
Hes even better than Sazh

Only in some situations. They're both amazing, but Sazh is a better option in general.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
DFFOO ID: Strife 601015505

User Info: Cherimu

Cherimu
3 weeks ago#7
Does anyone know what Raijin has over Desch ?
They seem to do exactly the same things, with Desch having a little bit more (Physical and Magic bravery reduction).
I'm planning to get him, so would it be worth to also build Raijin ?

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
3 weeks ago#8
So I got Raijin MLB 3/3. Would someone mind explaining his kit, or where the AoE stun comes in? Is it from his EX or...? I've only used him a bit as my SS character so far. Just want to make sure I'm using him to his full potential when I start putting him in Chaos fights.
Now playing: DQ VI DS, TMS#FE U, Bloodstained
Last games beat: Link's Awakening, Color Splash, FF XII, Bully, Pokemon Sword, DQ XI S, BotW

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 weeks ago#9
Cherimu posted...
Does anyone know what Raijin has over Desch ?
They seem to do exactly the same things, with Desch having a little bit more (Physical and Magic bravery reduction).
I'm planning to get him, so would it be worth to also build Raijin ?
Consistent paralysis. Desch's LD gives him a buff that only gives a chance of paralyzing every enemy turn, not a guaranteed one. Raijin also does more damage with his normal skills but that isn't saying too much as Desch is more of a healer to Raijin's actually doing damage.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
3 weeks ago#10
ellis123 posted...
Consistent paralysis. Desch's LD gives him a buff that only gives a chance of paralyzing every enemy turn, not a guaranteed one. Raijin also does more damage with his normal skills but that isn't saying too much as Desch is more of a healer to Raijin's actually doing damage.
Hopefully we get Desch's framed Paralyze for a while too.
Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A