• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Dinosquash

Dinosquash
2 months ago#1
so, i just finished beating Pathos (yAy Mee!!), and find myself with a plethora of nuggets, enough to make 9 ingots.
thats 3 3/3 for units ive already booked, or 4 3/3 for unbooked units ( thats alot m8s).

now, i have just pulled Lulu's ex ad im wondering if she's fine at 0/3 or does she need 3/3 to do her thing.
likewise i already had OK Mlb so i didnt pull on Yuri's banner..... but is Yuri worth it either way?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
365,573,876 - Fry or TT
"Then what should an Angel fight for, Zack? What do Angels dream of ?!?!"

User Info: WafflePower

WafflePower
2 months ago#2
Both I feel need at least 2/3.

Having their buffs at the start of the quest, especially Lulu’s because she needs to stack, really help.
Dissidia OO ID: 505377784

User Info: RavingSwoobat

RavingSwoobat
2 months ago#3
I'd say Lulu wants 2/3. 3/3 only helps her EX, but 2/3 gives her starting buffs and a lead on stacks, and she wants those. She can still do her main thing of party Enchant and Imperil at 0/3, but it will just take a little bit longer to get her + abilities and Ex buff.

I hear only good things about Yuri now, but I haven't really looked into him much, so I can't offer any advice there.

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
2 months ago#4
Yuri is great, but as an imperil character he only helps holy characters, he won't help anyone else. In that regard, Lulu is better, however if you don't need to imperil, then Yuri is the better character.

Yuri offers support buffs, BRV regen, HP regen, mBRV Overflow, AoE/ST, and good damage with high potencies and high hit count. He's got a slow EX, but he regains one of each skill when he uses it while also doing a party battery. If he uses nothing but skills he can probably get around 21 turns out of it. Throw some HP+ attacks in there and it'll be much higher, one HP+ per three skills and you'll get 51 turns out of him. So it's not hard to extend his longevity.

*edit*

As stated though, he does have a slow EX, so you could go 1/3 which would require you to start with skill two and he'd still be great. 2/3 starts with his skill two buff and 3/3 increases the damage and overflow his EX can do.

If you don't have him you don't have to worry as you likely have good enough characters. If you have Aranea you're good and Lulu makes Aranea useful anywhere. Since Aranea can be used anywhere because of Lulu, well, looks like Lulu is better. Well, not really, debatable I guess, but that's why I'd like her.

User Info: ChanceofCloudy

ChanceofCloudy
2 months ago#5
kupomogli posted...
Yuri is great, but as an imperil character he only helps holy characters, he won't help anyone else. In that regard, Lulu is better, however if you don't need to imperil, then Yuri is the better character.

Yuri offers support buffs, BRV regen, HP regen, mBRV Overflow, AoE/ST, and good damage with high potencies and high hit count. He's got a slow EX, but he regains one of each skill when he uses it while also doing a party battery. If he uses nothing but skills he can probably get around 21 turns out of it. Throw some HP+ attacks in there and it'll be much higher, one HP+ per three skills and you'll get 51 turns out of him. So it's not hard to extend his longevity.

*edit*

As stated though, he does have a slow EX, so you could go 1/3 which would require you to start with skill two and he'd still be great. 2/3 starts with his skill two buff and 3/3 increases the damage and overflow his EX can do.

If you don't have him you don't have to worry as you likely have good enough characters. If you have Aranea you're good and Lulu makes Aranea useful anywhere. Since Aranea can be used anywhere because of Lulu, well, looks like Lulu is better. Well, not really, debatable I guess, but that's why I'd like her.

The advice is right on. I had to purple Yuri with my limited roster and he helped me clear a couple of the newer Chaos. Same with Lulu, she has good party auras as well and basically is Arenea’s best friend when bosses resist range.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A